gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

Ok Who Admits To Being A Fanboy

Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

RE: Ok Who Admits To Being A Fanboy
Some of the things the girls get sent is a little bit OTT I must admit. I mean, it really gets strange when a guy sends some new underwear to a girl in the promise that she wears it for a night and then posts it back to him.... Smile

I've never sent anything, except comments / messages on here.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR MAY: KARTEL KAY
05-12-2010 14:08
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Winston Wolfe Offline
AKA "Mr. Black"

There is nothing wrong with being a casual/regular fan/supporter of the girls on these channels (or most other hobbies for that matter). A "fanboy" is just a name given to those who are basically delusional, obsessive and beyond any understanding, logic or reason. In my opinion, there are several different levels (some trivial, some more serious)...

Football fanboys, for example, are notoriously difficult to deal with, and some have obviously caused a lot of trouble over the years. Most people just enjoy the game, but these idiots can take things to an unacceptable level. If it's not the more extreme example, it will be those who think their team/manager/players are better than they really are and will argue with each other till they're blue in the face.

During the past few years, I've covered a lot of ground in most aspects of TV & Film from the business and regulation side of things. One of the main issues I have with this particular industry is how they deal with fanboys and stalkers. Problems with fanboys and stalkers in this industry are usually a direct result of the tactics used by companies to get customers (in some cases, they actively encourage it). You could say the obsessives would usually turn up no matter what, but it is an issue. They have set the benchmark for what is deemed an acceptable way to do business by the companies involved. These things can have an adverse effect and cause a lot of problems.

There is a certain responsibility, for those on the other side of the fence, when it comes to dealing with fanboy/obsessive types of people (some good examples have already been pointed out by other members). Most of the girls in this industry see the business for what it is, just like most viewers/punters do. The small percentage who don't, both the girls and fanboys, can end up being synonymous with each other.

A good high profile example of this would be the Ricky Hatton fanboys. The way they behaved at the Mayweather fight in Vegas was beyond a joke (even Denzel Washington was out of his seat in outrage at their behaviour). And what did Ricky do after the fight? Instead of distancing himself, and condemning them, he bigged them up! He believed the hype they created before the fight and consequently paid the price, both in the ring and out of it. By the time of the Pacquiao fight, many people who were neutrals had turned against Hatton and wanted him to lose. Some of the girls in this industry have made similar mistakes, which have been well documented both here and elsewhere, and resulted in their popularity being affected.

As always, there are two sides to the coin. There's a collective responsibility. The bottom line is, if this industry wants to move onto the next level, there needs to be an overhaul in how things are done and handled from regulation, to business, right down to the fanboys.

I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.
05-12-2010 15:36
simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

(05-12-2010 15:36 )Winston Wolfe Wrote:  The bottom line is, if this industry wants to move onto the next level, there needs to be an overhaul in how things are done and handled from regulation, to business, right down to the fanboys.

you cannot overhaul peoples freewill, regardless how you suggest going about it, one of the things that these shows or indeed anything where there is a level of social interaction will do, is play on the vunerable.

By that I mean there will always be people who do not necesserily have social skills to develop real relationships and therefore speaking to 'generic babe x' on a regular basis is to them normal behavior, regardless of costing them a small fortune as they feel better about themselves for doing so. I do not see any way that you would be able to condition peoples behavior to stop people feeling the need to spend their day sending tweets to their favorite models telling them they are just popping to the chip shop or telling them other uninteresting points of their day as they will genuinesly believe they care.

We have seen a number of fans of 'the chat' recently showing this now it is closing down as they see the girls answering the texts and talking on screen as their friends and family. This may not appear 'normal' to most of us but these people see it this way.

If 'insert random obsessive fan here' wants to spend £400 on an ipad for his favorite girl to show off and pretend that he is buying it for his girlfriend and wants to risk this being stolen, this cannot be policed.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2010 15:52 by simplymarko.)
05-12-2010 15:50
Gaz "AV1" Aston Away
Account Closed

I do think the channels and the girls themselves have to take some responsibility for the behaviour of the "extreme fanboys" by not encouraging such behaviour..

How can they do this?

A few Simple ideas...

1) Dont advertise addresses for viewers to send the girls gifts to and
2) for the girls not to advertise Birthday and Christmas wishlists etc on social networking sites (A few of you will be aware of who i am reffering to)
3) When a girl gets the sense that a guy is becoming overly familiar with her then nip it in the bud before it starts, There
are many examples of guys writing letters or making filthy comments etc that make the Girl uncomfortable both on this forum and
on facebook and twitter which can be resolved by the Girls just blocking or banning them from their FB sites and not re-inforcing
their delusions by encouraging such talk!
05-12-2010 16:12
simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

(05-12-2010 16:12 )astonv1 Wrote:  I do think the channels and the girls themselves have to take some responsibility for the behaviour of the "extreme fanboys" by not encouraging such behaviour..

How can they do this?

A few Simple ideas...

2) for the girls not to advertise Birthday and Christmas wishlists etc on social networking sites (A few of you will be aware of who i am reffering to)
3) When a girl gets the sense that a guy is becoming overly familiar with her then nip it in the bud before it starts, There
are many examples of guys writing letters or making filthy comments etc that make the Girl uncomfortable both on this forum and
on facebook and twitter which can be resolved by the Girls just blocking or banning them from their FB sites and not re-inforcing

i do agree however:

1, - if someone wants to find the address out bad enough then they will, most models have websites with their management companies who publish their own address
2, - i doubt any girl has said to someone on a call they would like a PS3 sent to them, this was clearly spur of the moment and it would make no difference if asked for or not. but yes I agree as I have seen a certain girl on her facebook ask fans to buy £600 jimmy choo shoes, £800 louis vuitton handbags and god knows what else, that should be nipped in the bud as that is just taking advantage of the weak.
3, - some of these extremists have multiple accounts and I doubt the shows will block a number calling in
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2010 16:30 by simplymarko.)
05-12-2010 16:26
tsurugi Offline
Banned

(05-12-2010 16:12 )astonv1 Wrote:  I do think the channels and the girls themselves have to take some responsibility for the behaviour of the "extreme fanboys" by not encouraging such behaviour..

How can they do this?

A few Simple ideas...

Better tell lexi lowe you won't be sending her your atari 2600 with crystal castles game she will be crushed you heathen
05-12-2010 16:32
cityboy76 Offline
Part Timer

What's all this fanboy talk,i'm only on this forum because all the girls are quite clearly head over heels in love with me!! And don't call me delusional.......my mum says i'm lovely laugh

without a dream in my heart,without a love of my own.....
05-12-2010 16:41
Gaz "AV1" Aston Away
Account Closed

(05-12-2010 16:32 )tsurugi Wrote:  

How can they do this?

A few Simple ideas...

Better tell lexi lowe you won't be sending her your atari 2600 with crystal castles game she will be crushed you heathen

I'll just send her my old Sega Mastersystem II with Golden Axe Warrior instead Tongue
05-12-2010 16:49
seth Offline
Master Poster

No I'm not a fanboy. For me these women are just wank material. May seem quite harsh, but I have no emotional involvement with these women so just being honest. I actually joined this site because it was something to do and yeah I will make a comment on some of the girls if they look good. That's as far as it goes though. I don't ring the shows but have nothing against those that do.

If people want to send expensive gifts that's their choice, but I think they're crazy personally.
05-12-2010 17:25
sweetsugar007 Offline
Big Ass Lover

Or stupid!

Spiderman,Spiderman,does whatever a Spider can!!!
05-12-2010 17:39

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles