Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average

Forum activity (or the lack of)

HEX!T Away
Retired

RE: Forum activity (or the lack of)
your rite... there is nothing to see. Smile

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
19-07-2011 13:24
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

What some people have to remember/realise is that open discussion is not always a bad thing (it's far better than bitching/whining in secret anyway)*
A discussion on how the forum is being run or moderated is not by default an attack on the forum team or such like. Indeed, it was discussions similar to this which resulted in the current moderation of the forum in the first place: see here and here
Without those discussions we perhaps wouldn't have the moderation we currently have (be that for the better or worse, it's all subjective)

Being in a 'position of power' doesn't automatically mean 'absolute power' and so people should always be able to air their grievances or opinions on matters of concern. To do otherwise is little more than a dictatorship.

As the people who frequent this forum, it is perhaps our duty to air our concerns so as to have a better chance of improvement for all. If nothing is said, nothing can change as nothing would be known to be wrong - or at least deemed to be wrong by some (minority or majority).

Discussion is not an evil - no matter what the topic, it's all about how the discussion is carried out.

*generalisation, not aimed at any individual

19-07-2011 13:58
Boomerangutangangbang Online
Owned by Kelly Bell

One mans (or womans-sorry Sooky) discussion is another mans/woman argument.Some people are one-eyed & believe they're right no matter what.I have more than enough more meaningful spats at work & at home & can resolve these without the need for an arbitrator.This was a concern for me & stopped me joining for some time.Isn't this suppose to be fun ? Don't take yourselves too seriously.

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
19-07-2011 14:55
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(19-07-2011 01:36 )winsaw Wrote:  ... as for things that put people of posting i think one of the biggest is that some fanboys have been aloud to set them self's up as self appointed moderators in their favorite girls thread, slapping down anyone who dear say something about the love of their lives that is not wow, brilliant, amazing, etc,
some threads on here need to be renamed from chat & discussion to girl x's appreciation thread...

Could not agree more, winsaw!!
19-07-2011 16:23
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

But we need some fanboys (I'm not saying we want to be moderators) in a way we're all fanboys (and girls) because we're all fans of the shows, or at least I hope we are or what the heck are we doing on here..

It's worth remembering that different things affect us all in different ways - none of us are the same so I suppose thats a good thing. Lots of potentially different personalities with potentially different posts and opinions.

It must be a heck of a tough job to be a moderator on a forum like this, trying to keep everyone accomodated, working pretty much 24/7 to check what posts are allowed and whats not allowed, accepting new members, saying goodbye to leaving members etc.

I guess what I'm saying is things change, and people will get disillusioned from time to time. But hopefully, the forum will live on and provide this sort of community where each and every opinion can be shared.

I'd just like to say also that isn't it ironic that a thread about lack of activity has generated so much feedback / activity already...? Smile

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR MAY: KARTEL KAY
19-07-2011 16:36
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(19-07-2011 16:36 )Regenerated Wrote:  But we need some fanboys (I'm not saying we want to be moderators) in a way we're all fanboys (and girls) because we're all fans of the shows, or at least I hope we are or what the heck are we doing on here..

But that's not the general definition of a fanboy, Regenerated, and I wouldn't class you as one as you seem quite open to other people's opinions. Fanboys, as I see them, are those who have delusions that they're in some way important in the eyes of their favourite girls... that they matter and that their girl is constantly thinking of them. They'll buy them gifts, shower them with praise and generally believe that they have a meaningful realionship going on. They aslo seem to have this notion that they 'know' and understand their girl better than anyone.
(This post was last modified: 19-07-2011 17:42 by StanTheMan.)
19-07-2011 17:37
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

(19-07-2011 17:37 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(19-07-2011 16:36 )Regenerated Wrote:  But we need some fanboys (I'm not saying we want to be moderators) in a way we're all fanboys (and girls) because we're all fans of the shows, or at least I hope we are or what the heck are we doing on here..

But that's not the general definition of a fanboy, Regenerated, and I wouldn't class you as one as you seem quite open to other people's opinions. Fanboys, as I see them, are those who have delusions that they're in some way important in the eyes of their favourite girls... that they matter and that their girl is constantly thinking of them. They'll buy them gifts, shower them with praise and generally believe that they have a meaningful realionship going on. They aslo seem to have this notion that they 'know' and understand their girl better than anyone.

To me they're not fanboys, they're mentals!! If we went by that definition there's only about 2 of them on here.

I consider myself a fanboy Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 19-07-2011 18:01 by gazfc.)
19-07-2011 17:57
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
iamthatjack Offline
Banned

I see a fanboy as someone who only thinks of their babe. Their answer for any question is always their babe, and will always mention them as the babe to compare all other babes to. They can't see any other babe, and to think someone is better than their babe is ridiculous and you must be totally wrong.

They think their babe is the best looking, has best smile, best hair, best eyes, best smell, best restraining order
19-07-2011 18:21
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

Back to the original question

Maybe it's down to users getting sick of been called fanboys
19-07-2011 18:48
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hops1 Offline
Account Closed

As a regular if non-prolific poster/visitor to this forum, I think it's always a decent place to air opinions & views on the Babechanels & other various topics. The variety of posts/posters always seems to entertan & while there may have been a drop in the amount of posts recently & Ofcom certainly seems o be in the ascendancy at the mo, it's still a good place to hang out. As other people have said on this thread, there's always going to be an ebb & flow of posts (this is my fist post in over a week as I've been away & under the cosh at work for example!) as people have other interests, commitments, and things to get on with in their lives. I've been coming on here for under a year so can't relly comment on how the forum or channels used to be, but there's boun to be slower/faster days on here.

As for the debate about Fanboys, I put myself in the 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all' camp when it comes to comments on the girls, but I fully respect the opinions of others & enjoy reading all types of posts be they complimentary or otherwise and it's good to get a bit of controversy stirred up. I totally get that ohers may find my style of posting a bit on the dull side, but hey, the forum's surely big enough for everyone.
19-07-2011 18:53

Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS