Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average

Competition formats

Kingsmind Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Competition formats
Snookered bet you didn't think your thread would get that many responses did you buddy. Big Laugh

Funniest Poster Runner Up 2019
Premier League Prediction Thread Winner 2020/21
18-12-2019 14:31
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snooks Away
Where's the cue ball going?

^ If it encourages constructive debate and ideas for the future then all good.

18-12-2019 21:35
eyres42 Offline
Posting Machine

My opinion for what it is worth is it I would have an open vote in all events but if you insist on seedings/knockout rounds then it has to follow the 1v8 format.

Not sure there is a need for a lot of the awards that popped up this year, such as body/legs etc.

Like the idea of a committee for the Hall of Fame award, perhaps a small panel could be selected by the mods and they then put forward 1 or 2 nominees each to go into the voting which for me has to an open vote.
23-12-2019 09:29
Kingsmind Offline
Posting Machine

Yeah open vote is maybe a good idea but not to pick any bones with you eyres you say you like doing open votes but you didn't do an open vote for this years Queen Of Babestation did you and i don't think you did last year to.

23-12-2019 14:26
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

Why was it not an open vote?
23-12-2019 14:32
Stemmw Offline
Beebo. Want. Cuddles

(23-12-2019 14:26 )Kingsmind Wrote:  Yeah open vote is maybe a good idea but not to pick any bones with you eyres you say you like doing open votes but you didn't do an open vote for this years Queen Of Babestation did you and i don't think you did last year to.

I think he did Kingsmind, the voters post x number of nominees and then the most votes wins. No knockout rounds, playoffs etc. Is that not an open vote ?

"If nothing we do matters ..... , then all that matters is what we do"
"Reason is not automatic, those who deny it cannot be conquered by it"
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes"
23-12-2019 14:34
Kingsmind Offline
Posting Machine

(23-12-2019 14:34 )Stemmw Wrote:  
(23-12-2019 14:26 )Kingsmind Wrote:  Yeah open vote is maybe a good idea but not to pick any bones with you eyres you say you like doing open votes but you didn't do an open vote for this years Queen Of Babestation did you and i don't think you did last year to.

I think he did Kingsmind, the voters post x number of nominees and then the most votes wins. No knockout rounds, playoffs etc. Is that not an open vote ?

Think i got confused Stemmw thought by open vote he mean't he does a poll then we decide what the format is for the next year knockouts,group stages etc.

Thanks for correcting me Silent Majority and Stemmw.

23-12-2019 14:42
Stemmw Offline
Beebo. Want. Cuddles

(23-12-2019 14:42 )Kingsmind Wrote:  
(23-12-2019 14:34 )Stemmw Wrote:  

Think i got confused Stemmw thought by open vote he mean't he does a poll then we decide what the format is for the next year knockouts,group stages etc.

Thanks for correcting me Silent Majority and Stemmw.

No worries, I thought you might have had a different definition of open vote, which is why I asked the question.

There is merit, pros and cons in all formats of competition, open vote, ranked voting, playoff/knockout rounds after nomination etc. It would be a shame if all votes were the same format and I like the fact the different competition runners use different methods. It throws up different and interesting results.
23-12-2019 14:47
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

(23-12-2019 14:47 )Stemmw Wrote:  It would be a shame if all votes were the same format and I like the fact the different competition runners use different methods. It throws up different and interesting results.

really agree with this i dont want this to be lost with everyone being forced to follow one format, i really see no reason to go down the road that Kingsmind is proposing,
i really dont think there is a lot wrong with the votes at the moment these is just some small work needed not a total re-imaging,

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
23-12-2019 15:32
DingDong Offline
Senior Poster

Interesting topic

The current format works but there is little or no interaction between the Babes (Contestants) and the Forum Members (fans) other than the odd “vote for me” or an “overwhelmed” thanks from the winner.

A thought - rather than the Fan nominating the Babe(s), the Babe(s) should be encouraged to put themselves forward for a one-off category. The Babes would submit caps posted by Fans during the year or other pictures / videos that the Babe likes and on which the Fans vote.

Whilst I am sure that the Winner Announcement is treasured by the Babe, a prize (sponsored by the Fans) could be the incentive for the Babe to participate. Who knows, if the prize is sufficiently attractive to them this may cause deal tension so that the Babes compete to win. At this point my imagination runs riot – agreeing to a lunch date maybe, at your S of France villa or Michelin * restaurant.

The biggest hurdle would be who is willing to take on the responsibility??
23-12-2019 17:00

Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS