Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average

Forum activity (or the lack of)

Jam Da Man Offline

RE: Forum activity (or the lack of)
I do think being labelled a Fanboy purely for liking one babe more than others can be unfair at times. I'm sure the word Fanboy is usually meant in a light-hearted way - but often it seems to be used as a dismissive or derogatory insult.
Some people do go all out with the praise, (myself included) but then who'd want to join a forum just to call fuck out of the slightest fault a babe or babes have? Got nothing better to do? Huh
I'd like to think that I don't go OTT with my Gracie worship too much though (on the forum, at least.) Wink

Nothing wrong with expressing genuine criticisms or concerns over perceived performance of the babes on screen though. I wouldn't want to see a total Fanzone here at the exclusion of fair comments.

I myself normally try not to get involved in arguments on the Forum; someone once said that being on the internet (and this Forum) is supposed to be a fun experience.
Rather than moving/deleting troll posts, why not just re-open the Flamebox and let any of the Forum Hardcases who want to "go at it" do so there?
You never know - It might even avoid people setting up Troll Twitter accounts, just to prolong an argument / take the piss. bladewave

These two Twitter examples are something that put me off expressing an opinion on certain subjects, lest I be targeted myself.

On the actual topic of Forum Activity; A few times recently, I've gotten fed up with Babe stuff in general (OFCOM's Nightshow interference doesn't help) and had a few days away from the Internet altogether. It is technically Summer too, and you only get one life - why spend it all staring at the TV/PC screen?

Posting caps of the BSDaytime web-feed day in, day out I find very repetetive at times though. I'd cap other (web) channels, but I don't know who most of the babes are.
One day last week for example, I started doing caps of a blonde lady on Red Light. I then spent 20 minutes looking through the Red Light Daytime threads to see who it was, but couldn't find her. The schedule on Red Light said a name, but it was someone else. I gave up in the end. Sorry! Blush

Finally, on the subject of "Over-Moderation" - I think the Mods do an excellent job, one and all.
Perhaps a clear set of Forum rules could be posted on each Forum section, but some people would only try to word things in a cleverer way to get around the rules - rendering such a thing pointless.

That's what I think, anyway (although, knowing me, I'll probably completely change my mind on these issues by tomorrow Wink )

"The road to Good Intentions be paved with Hell"

19-07-2011 19:07
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Paulie69 Offline
Anastasia Fan

I agree with a lot of what you have said, JamDaMan.

On the subject of forum activity, in my case i'm only on here for a couple of days then i work for a few days.

Just because i like Anastasia as much as i do doesn't mean i don't like any of the other BS Daytime girls. I do, it's why i now cap the other girls as well. If it wasn't for the members who post the caps / vids / pics then this forum would be as dull as dishwater.

Some of the arguments on here are just so petty (although i did have a small spat with someone on here once, who i apologised to afterwards after seeing how stupid i looked and felt - enough respect to you, you know who you are)

I thought this place was to have fun and to talk to like-minded people.

Reasoned debate, yep, i'm all for that. If someone isn't keen on a particular girl (even Anastasia) then fine. It's opinion. Freedom of speech and all that.

So i've spoken to Annie on the phone, on her webcam and yes, i did buy her an outfit so maybe i have gone OTT, i freely admit that. And no, i don't 'love' her in the sense that i want to have a relationship with her and marry her. I respect her as she respects me. We chat and have a laugh, that's as far as it goes. So if chatting to, having a laugh with, and posting shitloads of her screencaps on here classifies me as a fanboy, then i'm guilty as charged.

But do you know what? I don't give a fuck. I'm here to have fun, to share opinions (and caps) with the forum.

Rant over Big Grin
19-07-2011 20:17
Roquentin Offline
Master Poster

(19-07-2011 17:37 )StanTheMan Wrote:  But that's not the general definition of a fanboy, Regenerated, and I wouldn't class you as one as you seem quite open to other people's opinions. Fanboys, as I see them, are those who have delusions that they're in some way important in the eyes of their favourite girls... that they matter and that their girl is constantly thinking of them. They'll buy them gifts, shower them with praise and generally believe that they have a meaningful realionship going on. They aslo seem to have this notion that they 'know' and understand their girl better than anyone.

I dont do any of this (sorry for using your quote Stan, but it was nicely succinct), but neither do I mind seeing others do it (even though to this extent is fairly rare). Some are annoyed that fanbois respond to criticisms of their favourite girl. Cant see anything wrong with that either. In fact I find it amusingly ironic that some criticise this in the name of free speech! hehe.

I doubt if fanbois close down posts, probably they stimulate as much discussion as they stifle. (repeating myself now, bleh).
(This post was last modified: 19-07-2011 20:27 by Roquentin.)
19-07-2011 20:18
seth Offline
Master Poster

I just think the problem isn't so much the fanboys. I think the moderation of the forum is too strict. It should go back to how it was when the site first started up. Let people call somebody they don't like "ugly" or tell em to "fuck of". We're all adults so I'm pretty sure we can get over it. Let threads run, let people argue and have heated debates. If someone is threatening to kill another member, then yeah fair enough, warn that member and lock the thread. I'm just thinking that maybe it would be easier on the moderators if things were more lenient, would save them a lot of time and energy. Would also make the forum more interesting and you would get more members posting. I won't mention names, but I can think of a few members here who seem often to be restraining themselves from what they really think because they know their posts will be removed or they perhaps themselves get banned.
19-07-2011 21:29
Dan Volatile Offline
1956 Jubilee Butterfly

(18-07-2011 19:02 )Dan Volatile Wrote:  I thanked it because I like graphs. I'd have given it two thanks if the y-axis was labelled and the units given.

(19-07-2011 12:04 )archibald cockfoster Wrote:  No, not at all, I thanked because I thought the traffic being stable graphic was interesting.

I know you're one of my duplicate accounts but it doesn't mean to say you have to agree with what I say.

19-07-2011 23:01
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

(19-07-2011 19:07 )Jam Da Man Wrote:  Finally, on the subject of "Over-Moderation" - I think the Mods do an excellent job, one and all.
Perhaps a clear set of Forum rules could be posted on each Forum section, but some people would only try to word things in a cleverer way to get around the rules - rendering such a thing pointless.

But what rules?

There are a number of unwritten 'rules' that get mentioned whenever there are discussions about 'rules' and what can and cannot be discussed, there are a few scattered posts dealing with forum 'ettiquette', but there are no referenceable rules.

The only clear 'rules' there are is that certain things cannot be posted on the forum on grounds of copyright.

So, technically speaking, how can someone be guilty of breaking rules that do not exist? Wink

19-07-2011 23:57
Roquentin Offline
Master Poster

Is this a rule? (not trying to be contrary, I actually have been mindful of this after I came across it early on).

http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=11884
20-07-2011 00:26
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

It's the closest thing there is.......and interestingly aimed at mods as well Wink

20-07-2011 00:36
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(19-07-2011 21:29 )seth Wrote:  I just think the problem isn't so much the fanboys. I think the moderation of the forum is too strict. It should go back to how it was when the site first started up. Let people call somebody they don't like "ugly" or tell em to "fuck of". We're all adults so I'm pretty sure we can get over it.

Yes! I do get very irritated by this over-protection where the babes are concerned. If a group of friends/family are sat around the television of an evening and a celebrity/comedian/whatever pops up, and there's one member of that group that dislikes them (such as me whenever Frankie Boyle appears), no one bats an eyelid when that person goes off on a rant about how much they hate them. Indeed in most open forums people praise and insult celebrities in equal measures. So why is it that on here you daren't even express a dislike for a particular girl without the threat of being attacked by others or your post being deleted?
(This post was last modified: 20-07-2011 00:42 by StanTheMan.)
20-07-2011 00:41
HEX!T Away
Retired

imagebam.com
heres another reason why people have stopped posting...
it seems like a little gang of dweebs have taken it upon them selves to create fake twitters and facebook accounts. then either become abusive to other babeshow members on twitter or just try to carry on there petty quarrels on there because they know if they went much further on here they would be booted...
the reason i took the posts down that this parody account was created to show. was i was asked to cool off. by a mod.. so i removed them.
so gaz you jumped to wrong conclusion...

dont be surprised if admin starts waving the ban hammer, because there bringing the forum down to there level and besmirching its reputation..

PS... to the forum... if you get tweeted from me or any other forum member dont be afraid to come on here and do what dazaman did and pm me or the member in question and ask them if the account is legit... if its abusive the chances are its fake so the member who your pm'n will likely be just as in the dark as you are... also report any fakes to both twitter and the mods or admin... i would hate to see the forum loose content because 1 of these idiots decided to use a fake account to abuse babestation or similar employee's, only to have the channel turn round and ask for all content to be taken down...
personally i dont use twitter or any of the other social networks to contact the babes. so any account that claims to be me is a fake. and should be ignored and reported.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
(This post was last modified: 20-07-2011 07:59 by HEX!T.)
20-07-2011 07:15

Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS