Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average

HALL OF FAME Discussion Thread

Boomerangutangangbang Offline
Owned by Kelly Bell

RE: HALL OF FAME Discussion Thread
Would I be wrong in thinking that the Hall Of Fame Inductees are the best of the best, making in the highest accolade for a babe to be given, the most prestigious of all our Awards here. Annual Awards can throw up a few wildcard names, but for me, this one has to be different. The premise must surly reward consistency, longevity, & quality ahead of having a pretty face & fit body. I don't have much of a problem with the inductees, to date, it's more of an issue of those that are missing out, & in many cases look like their chances of getting in, decrease with every passing year. As the dynamic of the Forum changes, older members leave, & thankfully newbies sign up & breath new life into the place, but at a cost. You can't expect them to vote for a babe that they have never seen. Some that pre-date this Forum & were the pioneers of the babeshows & put in many years service. This is the main issue I have with the HOF (I have othersSmile) as I believe it is undervalued due to the diminishing chances of true babeshow veterans getting inducted.
Imagine a Football HOF where you induct Harry Kane & Rooney before say Shearer, Owen & Lineker, or worse still, Greaves & Charlton don't get in because nobody saw them play live.Huh
It was the right move to induct 2 babes, although, did we really get the 2 most worthy. But we need to go further. I would like to see another 1 or 2 inducted from the time frame of the first shows (early 2000's) - 2010 & the later date could be moved out one year at a time in the following years. This would enable the lost & forgotten babes from that era to have a chance. These eligible babes can be taken from that years initial nominees. Announce the 2 inductees in November as we now do, & then Have a selected panel of impartial judges decide over the other 2, which you could announce in the following Spring or Summer.
I think this solution will improve the HOF & elevate it to what it should be & not what it is now. This will satisfy those that annually complain that their fave should be, or will never get inducted & hopefully stop many from just giving up by not voting, & encourage some back to vote that we have already lost. It should be our duty as a babeshow fans to take part in a process that has integrity at it's heart.

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
22-11-2020 17:23
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

(22-11-2020 16:59 )winsaw Wrote:  
(22-11-2020 12:15 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  What happens if a girl wins through in the past babes draw, but then decides to make a comeback?

Surely that makes it a fraudulent win. Do we re-run the competition, or just throw her out of the HoF? Wink

no because like all votes its a moment in time and would have been correct at that moment so if things changed in the future i in no way would see it as making the vote that was conducted correctly at the time an issue, i think you are just trying to find an issue that is not there,
i saw a post saying if you had any ideas for next years vote then to post them so i did, i though it a good idea and worth posting i would not agree with your take on things , its defiantly not what i was talking about,

I wasn't being entirely serious, hence the Wink

My point was more that - the more complicated the competition, the more anomalies it's likely to throw up. There's a lot to be said for the KISS approach Wink
22-11-2020 20:38
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

(22-11-2020 17:23 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  Would I be wrong in thinking that the Hall Of Fame Inductees are the best of the best, making in the highest accolade for a babe to be given, the most prestigious of all our Awards here. Annual Awards can throw up a few wildcard names, but for me, this one has to be different. The premise must surly reward consistency, longevity, & quality ahead of having a pretty face & fit body. I don't have much of a problem with the inductees, to date, it's more of an issue of those that are missing out, & in many cases look like their chances of getting in, decrease with every passing year. As the dynamic of the Forum changes, older members leave, & thankfully newbies sign up & breath new life into the place, but at a cost. You can't expect them to vote for a babe that they have never seen. Some that pre-date this Forum & were the pioneers of the babeshows & put in many years service. This is the main issue I have with the HOF (I have othersSmile) as I believe it is undervalued due to the diminishing chances of true babeshow veterans getting inducted.
Imagine a Football HOF where you induct Harry Kane & Rooney before say Shearer, Owen & Lineker, or worse still, Greaves & Charlton don't get in because nobody saw them play live.Huh
It was the right move to induct 2 babes, although, did we really get the 2 most worthy. But we need to go further. I would like to see another 1 or 2 inducted from the time frame of the first shows (early 2000's) - 2010 & the later date could be moved out one year at a time in the following years. This would enable the lost & forgotten babes from that era to have a chance. These eligible babes can be taken from that years initial nominees. Announce the 2 inductees in November as we now do, & then Have a selected panel of impartial judges decide over the other 2, which you could announce in the following Spring or Summer.
I think this solution will improve the HOF & elevate it to what it should be & not what it is now. This will satisfy those that annually complain that their fave should be, or will never get inducted & hopefully stop many from just giving up by not voting, & encourage some back to vote that we have already lost. It should be our duty as a babeshow fans to take part in a process that has integrity at it's heart.

Best post I seen in some time , that's everything I have been getting at but put so much better that i managed lol

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
22-11-2020 22:20
Owned by Kelly Bell

Lol, thanks, but I still haven't got a simple solution to how we get the occasional Daytime Babe inducted. Although, if a panel selects from the nominees each year, some should be among that number.
This year, I actually picked some babes in my 5 that were not my five favourites. Because of how it currently works I didn't want to waste a pick on someone that I knew had no chance.
With the hope a more balanced system in future I'd be more inclined to go with all my favourites.
I do appreciate that more work is required in terms of working out exact dates & eligibility, perhaps a little discretionary leeway can be applied around this.

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

22-11-2020 22:50
Kingsmind Offline
Posting Machine

(22-11-2020 17:08 )winsaw Wrote:  on point 2 i do agree with you, this is why i have talked in the past of increasing the total number of girls who go in, breaking it into different sections like Day and night still on the shows, web,days and nights retired for a set number of years

We don't have to have Day and Night on everything at least on this award it's different there's a different style i think there should be 1 Hall Of Fame and that's it i mean you look on sporting awards there is just 1 Hall Of Fame vote and that's it you don't get day and nights and stuff like that

Funniest Poster Runner Up 2019
Premier League Prediction Thread Winner 2020/21
22-11-2020 23:34
Goodfella3041 Offline
Posting Machine

(22-11-2020 23:34 )Kingsmind Wrote:  We don't have to have Day and Night on everything at least on this award it's different there's a different style i think there should be 1 Hall Of Fame and that's it i mean you look on sporting awards there is just 1 Hall Of Fame vote and that's it you don't get day and nights and stuff like that

Sure, but in most sports Halls of Fame you can be inducted as a player, manager, owner, referee, etc. That's partly because the nomination process is a combination of fan voting and jury selection. If it were only the former -- i.e. if it were just a popularity contest -- then it's hard to believe that anyone other than players would ever get in.
23-11-2020 00:04
Owned by Kelly Bell

Yes, just one HOF is all we need. It stands to reason that due to our work commitments we will watch more Nightshows than Dayshows, even when you take into account nightshift workers, weekends, the unemployed etc. this will be reflected in the inductees. to be fair, of the 7 babes inducted so far some have done a fair bit of days, maybe Paige spent longer on days than nights, could be wrong. Danni did a lot of days & even Daryl did Early Bird on Bang Babes. Paige would be the closest we've got to a Daybabe. Under the current format it's hard to see someone like Hannah C who has never done a Nightshow, getting in or others who have done some Tease shows or the occasional Nightshow.

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

23-11-2020 00:11
Charlemagne Offline

^^ Goodfella mentioned managers, referee etc. I think that someone nominated Mr P Wink

There's an option that I been pondering.
Still have two girl inducted but with different criteria.

1. Over 5 year or even 6 years since they started on a show (existing criteria)
2. Over 12 years since they started on a show.

But is that defeating the fewer rules in a competition the better.

23-11-2020 00:17
Owned by Kelly Bell

(23-11-2020 00:04 )Goodfella3041 Wrote:  
(22-11-2020 23:34 )Kingsmind Wrote:  We don't have to have Day and Night on everything at least on this award it's different there's a different style i think there should be 1 Hall Of Fame and that's it i mean you look on sporting awards there is just 1 Hall Of Fame vote and that's it you don't get day and nights and stuff like that

Sure, but in most sports Halls of Fame you can be inducted as a player, manager, owner, referee, etc. That's partly because the nomination process is a combination of fan voting and jury selection. If it were only the former -- i.e. if it were just a popularity contest -- then it's hard to believe that anyone other than players would ever get in.

Perfect, hit the nail on the head. No doubt I'm in danger of upsetting some people, but, your post spells out exactly why this comp should never have never been called Hall of Fame. It just doesn't fit the bill, not fit for purpose it will never measure up as it stands.

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

23-11-2020 00:19
Owned by Kelly Bell

For me it's clear cut. In my head there's a pecking order. A music Hall of Fame would induct the Spice Girls before Little Mix. the Supremes before the Spice Girls etc. (I'm channeling Girl Bands)
NB. I wouldn't induct either of the first 2 Wink i was just trying to make a point Important

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

23-11-2020 00:37