Thread Rating:
  • 49 Vote(s) - 3 Average

BS Xtra

Xpressio Offline
Junior Poster

RE: BS Xtra
(14-02-2010 19:26 )PersonaNonGrata Wrote:  
(14-02-2010 18:06 )TheWatcher Wrote:  
(14-02-2010 17:59 )Xpressio Wrote:  It's a pointless channel with the only purpose IMO to fill a gap, it's even worse than those silly "phone-in quiz-shows".

BSextra had a naked Camilla on, just after midnight last night for over 30 minutes, with a couple of pussy slips.
I would not call that a waste of time.

There ya go - and Lori gets naked regularly (when she's around)

However, I always prefer it when Geri (or the other girl - Jodie?) chats to one of the phone girls, and they read out texts together - sometimes it's quite funny! Stevie could do a bit of presenting too, or at least be chatted to more - she's quite amusing as well.

Many channels offer the same without the silly format IMO its pointless show, I'm amazed that people actually enjoy it.

Maybe you are the last couple of people keeping the show alive ? Why don't you pole the show to the other members to gauge popularity if you are so passionate about the shows credibility.
14-02-2010 23:54
Find all posts by this user
PersonaNonGrata Offline
Senior Poster

(14-02-2010 23:54 )Xpressio Wrote:  Many channels offer the same without the silly format IMO its pointless show, I'm amazed that people actually enjoy it.

Not on Freeview, they don't

Lacey for Prime Minister! (Be honest, could she do a worse job than the present incumbent)

I can't believe they called "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" that - it should be called, "I Can't Believe They Claim This Tastes Like Butter."
...or, "I can't believe it's not axle-grease"

If anyone's looking for a psychic, I'm your man - I'm actually a medium (that's what it says on the back of my underpants)
15-02-2010 00:35
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(14-02-2010 15:50 )tsurugi Wrote:  And strangely enough all sound like geri,jodie or meganWink

Nah, you're wrong there. Quite a lot of 'em sound like Kandi, Karina or Jada. Big Grin
15-02-2010 02:41
Plankton Offline
Junior Poster

(14-02-2010 15:50 )tsurugi Wrote:  And strangely enough all sound like geri,jodie or meganWink

In fact last week when Geri finished at 1am, the mike was left on and the producer asked if Geri was OK for a 'Girl-on-Girl' with Karina (or Camilla, can't recall). Coincidentally, a female-caller then phoned-up! I'm sure there's a perfectly innocent explanation, though...Wink

(14-02-2010 19:26 )PersonaNonGrata Wrote:  However, I always prefer it when Geri (or the other girl - Jodie?) chats to one of the phone girls, and they read out texts together - sometimes it's quite funny!

I totally agree - it's only when the girls start chatting and having a laugh that I really enjoy it and want to get involved, but what's the point when the show is so short and it's 50/50 as to whether my texts will appear onscreen?
A regular two-presenter format would work well, but something tells me the producers wont be doing that - too much effort.

(14-02-2010 23:54 )Xpressio Wrote:  Many channels offer the same without the silly format IMO its pointless show, I'm amazed that people actually enjoy it.

I'm not aware of any other show that does quite the same thing - at least not on the night time shows. Besides, I guess it comes down to whether or not you care about individual girls' personalities, or just how they look that dictates your enjoyment of this kind of show. I like Geri etc. so I watch the first 3-hours of Xtra...And then switch off when the phones come out Smile
15-02-2010 10:58
Ultramantis Black Away
Account Closed

(14-02-2010 11:27 )Plankton Wrote:  So, I can only assume that the only people who still watch the show after 12am are lesbians. Either that or virtually every call is fake. But they wouldn't do that, would they?....
Lesbians you have a very high income, as they are always on the phone for a minimum of 15 minutes a time!
15-02-2010 12:15
PersonaNonGrata Offline
Senior Poster

(15-02-2010 12:15 )Ultramantis Black Wrote:  
(14-02-2010 11:27 )Plankton Wrote:  So, I can only assume that the only people who still watch the show after 12am are lesbians. Either that or virtually every call is fake. But they wouldn't do that, would they?....
Lesbians you have a very high income, as they are always on the phone for a minimum of 15 minutes a time!

Aha.......... but how do you know that Babestation doesn't 'phone them straight back? After all there's plenty more revenue to be made from the punters who phone BS to listen in... and Babestation definately won't be phoning them back! laugh

Lacey for Prime Minister! (Be honest, could she do a worse job than the present incumbent)

I can't believe they called "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" that - it should be called, "I Can't Believe They Claim This Tastes Like Butter."
...or, "I can't believe it's not axle-grease"

If anyone's looking for a psychic, I'm your man - I'm actually a medium (that's what it says on the back of my underpants)
15-02-2010 20:08
OSSETTLAD Offline
Account closed

I do not get it I been complaining about what a complete mess they made of the show for us freeviewers a month or so back but I got shot down for complaining about this alot but now I have not said anything for weeks you are now saying that the show is rubbish without there being two girls on the mic for god sake why did you guys not rally with me at the time or am I just a complete waste of spaceImportantHuh
15-02-2010 23:06
pm74 Offline
Master Poster

I totaly agree with you
but a bit resigned to the fact that BS don't seem to want to listen

they must make more money with the phones later in the night
15-02-2010 23:17
Plankton Offline
Junior Poster

I only occasionally post on this forum, Ossettlad, but most of those posts have been on this topic.
Unfortunately, I think some other posters are right – BS Xtra is a niche show and not that many people are bothered about its current or future situation.
I like to periodically moan and complain about it, but realistically nothing will come of it. Don't take it so personally Smile

(15-02-2010 23:06 )OSSETTLAD Wrote:  I do not get it I been complaining about what a complete mess they made of the show for us freeviewers a month or so back but I got shot down for complaining about this alot but now I have not said anything for weeks you are now saying that the show is rubbish without there being two girls on the mic for god sake why did you guys not rally with me at the time or am I just a complete waste of spaceImportantHuh
16-02-2010 20:02
Ultramantis Black Away
Account Closed

(15-02-2010 23:06 )OSSETTLAD Wrote:  I do not get it I been complaining about what a complete mess they made of the show for us freeviewers a month or so back but I got shot down for complaining about this alot but now I have not said anything for weeks you are now saying that the show is rubbish without there being two girls on the mic for god sake why did you guys not rally with me at the time or am I just a complete waste of spaceImportantHuh
Truth is that people have been complaining for months about how the producers have messed up BSXtra and nothing has been done about, so no reason to keep going on about it as far as I am concerned. They wont listen, so why waste out breath.

In the end, I would imagine that the people who post on this forum are a tiny percentage of those who actually watch the shows. The producers clearly think they can make more money by having a girl on the phone talking to a 'hot girl caller' and having people listen in, instead of having a channel devoted to just texts and pics. The fact that they still seem to be getting people to send in their text messages and photos, is a clear indicator that the vast majority haven't wised up to what is going on there. Even if they did bring back BS Xtra as a purely text show, I have been burned before and will never text the show again (I sent a text to Dani just to wish her a happy holiday and it never made the air, I joked in a previous post that if I had texted in for to shake her boobs at the camera, I am sure that would have made the screen!).

Whilst I am in the mood for writing, lets go off on the 'hot girl caller gimmick'. Whilst I am sure that there are some genuine female callers, it is pretty clear that the majority are the girls who work on the show. It always used to be fun trying to identify who the girl caller was, only a couple of days ago when Reede opened the Freeview show, she happened to have a girl caller on first. She put her to air and it was clearly Jodie, so I naturally assumed she would be hosting BS Xtra that night and of course she was. If they just advertised it as Reede having a filthy chat with Jodie it wouldn't be bad, though it is the whole mis-advertising that annoys me (not that I should be shocked with Cellcast). They certainly used to make it clear when it was two of the girls chatting to each other, though I guess they can't do this anymore, as pretty much constantly one of the channels will have a female caller. And what is it with these female callers, usually 19/20, possibly college/university student, maybe a virgin, and usually never been with a girl before. Come on, are people that daft? Clearly by the amount of time devoted to the 'hot girl caller' the answer is yes. And don't get me started on the length of time these callers are on the phone.

Then there is the 'private texting gimmick'. So a girl has just spent an hour on the phone, and we are meant to believe that she then spends her time responding to private texts? Come on, if you believe this you are a mug and deserve what you get. It is some hairy arsed producer in the back, and who in their right mind is texting the shows requesting the producers to lick the girls nipples (which I saw the other night)? Is it the producers themselves? Fortunately Jodie didn't adhere to this request, just let him tweak them on camera.

I will pretty much always stay loyal to BS due to the fact that it was the first station I saw, and the fact that for several years they had no competition whatsoever on freeview. Sadly, I am becoming more and more disenchanted with them, and even the likes of some of my faves such as Dani, Ella and Megan are no longer making me have BS as essential viewing due to all the gimmicks and advertising that the channel has. These days I am just tending to record Bang Babes. Yes there is a chance I will end up having several hours recorded of girls who do absolutely nothing for me (Amanda, Jemma, Lilly, Jet, Cathy), but on the other hand they have the delightful Toni and the almighty Duke, plus I dont get my intelligence insulted or have to endure constant whoring of their services.
19-02-2010 15:18
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV