glamour idols

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 35 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average

2nd and 3rd Stream

BBLackey Offline
Senior Poster

RE: 2nd Stream
OK, graphic shows up just below the stream, so please keep it in your captures. Have also fixed the width of the stream that I had not noticed (left one value out in the HTML) which made the stream not fit the whole width of the container so should fill it up properly now.

TEASE ME TV ... Watch The Streams Online

(Please report technical stream problems here) (WEB ONLY)
17-08-2009 19:22
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Sm© Away
すべてが言われて終わった後

I havn't had a chance to check the new stream yet, but i did notice that the copyright notice on the old stream was only visible in full screen mode.
All the recordings i make are from the small window.
Thats why i was adding " © Tease Me Tv" under my posts.
17-08-2009 19:50
Find all posts by this user
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

Every thing looks ok now. Smile
The picture quality seems a bit better on stream 2, particularly when the girl moves. Perhaps because the background behind that girl is far simpler on stream 2 so there is not so much changing data to transmit.

First attachment is screen1 (Stand alone player is the same)
Second attachment is screen2
pics taken 15 minutes ago

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

17-08-2009 20:02
BBLackey Offline
Senior Poster

Hardware wise, 1st stream should be better... but its going at 25fps where as 2nd stream is at 15fps ... but at the same bitrate... so there is a trade-off between.

Shouldnt be an embedded logo anymore, just a soft one placed below the stream, if for whatever reason its not showing, just use your discretion with the screen caps and putting on a logo/address.

Cheers for your co-operation Tongue

17-08-2009 20:34
Trevor Offline
Senior Poster

(17-08-2009 20:34 )BBLackey Wrote:  Hardware wise, 1st stream should be better... but its going at 25fps where as 2nd stream is at 15fps ... but at the same bitrate... so there is a trade-off between.

Firstly, I agree with The Watcher's comments regarding the extra data involved in rendering the backgound - which obviously then increases the volume of data!

Consider also that Stream 1 is grabbing data 25 times a second and Stream 2 at just 15. Therefore, Stream 1 will use more processor and gather more data compared to Stream 2. Stream 1 will therefore required additional resources to Stream 2 when processed on the Client/Viewers machine - so even though you have a higher FPS which should smooth movement it also generates more data thus requiring more bandwidth and more processing on the users hardware!

Consequently a lower FPS may actually render a smoother 'picture' for the end user!

It may be worth giving Stream 1 & 2 the same Channel feed (during say 10am - Noon) for evaluating the users 'experience' though I would suggest that those users with lower spec'ed hardware will be the only ones who MAY see the benefit! The trade-off will be the User Experience of those with Lower vs. Higher specification hardware!

BBLackey is doing a great job which can only be improved by user feedback - so well done everyone!
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2009 23:44 by Trevor.)
17-08-2009 22:15
BBLackey Offline
Senior Poster

Forgot to add that Stream 1 is on SDI input and Stream 2 is composite, that was my main reasoning for it being better... not the afforementioned framerate. On my end, you can see a site fuzziness on the 2nd stream compared to the 1st.

17-08-2009 23:02
Trevor Offline
Senior Poster

Ta! Quality of input signal may not necessarily improve Users Viewing Experience! Sometimes LESS is BETTER! Just a thought for your consideration!

Cheers!
17-08-2009 23:20
BBLackey Offline
Senior Poster

True... I may not notice performace issues at the end-user end... running quite a nice bit of kit Tongue ... but do have people in the office look from time to time to check. The spec of machine running 2nd stream is in need of updating, it was a temporary measure as the original machine I managed to damage by blowing up the power supply Tongue (even though it was all the same parts, but just decided to short on me)

17-08-2009 23:23
Trevor Offline
Senior Poster

Put simply and strange as it may First appear - I have found occasions - when what may appear to initally be lower 'quality', that it may actually produce a better end-user result! I know this may be difficult to get your head around - re-read earlier post 22:15 - but, thought I'd throw a few thoughts in for your grey matter to ponder! Cheers!
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2009 23:48 by Trevor.)
17-08-2009 23:36
BBLackey Offline
Senior Poster

Its ok, I realize what you are getting at as per frame rate... since there are more frames, more is being compressed as per the same bit rate, so if you get a keyframe at the same intervals, each subsequent frame up to the next frame is getting less bandwidth to use as there are more frames to cater for. Tongue

I cant edit the frame rate of the 1st stream at the mo, seems to be locked as per the SDI input (have tried lowering it to 15). Not going to increase the bit-rate to compensate just yet though.

18-08-2009 00:30
Thread Closed 

glamour idols