Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 2.79 Average

All Sky Channels To Be Axed?

moron50 Away
Master Poster

RE: IMPORTANT ALL SKY BABE CHANNELS TO BE AXED
(19-08-2009 22:04 )old git Wrote:  I don't know why people are bothering with this thread the guy is just an attention seeker.

You just bothered with it!
19-08-2009 22:43
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

The digital switchover in my region is in November/December this year.
London will not switchover until after the olympics in 2012.
The Isle of Man has already switched over.

So when will the babechannels go? In another 3 years?
Nobody can predict what will happen in 3 years time.
19-08-2009 23:09
vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

(19-08-2009 15:58 )ammo Wrote:  I am new and this is my first post i am sorry that it is one of bad news, i have it on good authority that all sky babe channels, babestation, babeworld, sex station, partyland, bang babes, skincity, cream etc will close around the time of the digital switchover permenantly, i don't expect any of you to believe me but soon i will be proved correct i cannot reveal a source but i will find out further info about this and let you know in due course, i apologise to those who did'nt already know, long live sky babes!Heart

Utter nonsense.

As "TheWatcher" said: Digital switch-over will not be fully complete until 2012 at the earliest, so you will hardly be "soon proved correct".

The Ofcom consultation on "Babe Shows" due to begin this Autumn is not even calling for channels to be "axed", rather reclassified under different licence categories and perhaps pin protected.
(This post was last modified: 19-08-2009 23:21 by vostok 1.)
19-08-2009 23:18
moron50 Away
Master Poster

(19-08-2009 23:18 )vostok 1 Wrote:  
(19-08-2009 15:58 )ammo Wrote:  I am new and this is my first post i am sorry that it is one of bad news, i have it on good authority that all sky babe channels, babestation, babeworld, sex station, partyland, bang babes, skincity, cream etc will close around the time of the digital switchover permenantly, i don't expect any of you to believe me but soon i will be proved correct i cannot reveal a source but i will find out further info about this and let you know in due course, i apologise to those who did'nt already know, long live sky babes!Heart

Utter nonsense.

As "TheWatcher" said: Digital switch-over will not be fully complete until 2012 at the earliest, so you will hardly be "soon proved correct".

The Ofcom consultation on "Babe Shows" due to begin this Autumn is not even calling for channels to be "axed", rather reclassified under different licence categories and perhaps pin protected.

Thank you. Finally, something that makes sense. My contention stands, but I guess you understood what I was saying, which in all fairness, was never rocket science.
(This post was last modified: 19-08-2009 23:37 by moron50.)
19-08-2009 23:35
cosmonaut Offline
Posting Machine

RE: All Sky Channels To Be Axed?
(19-08-2009 15:58 )ammo Wrote:  i have it on good authority that all sky babe channels, babestation, babeworld, sex station, partyland, bang babes, skincity, cream etc will close around the time of the digital switchover permenantly,

I thought Sky transmissions were already digital.
20-08-2009 08:36
steven6 Offline
I'm Orange

It's probably a wind-up mechant trying to scare us all

I wish I could go back in time and kill whoever invented Breast Implants!!!!!!
20-08-2009 10:45
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(19-08-2009 21:39 )perana68 Wrote:  
(19-08-2009 21:10 )moron50 Wrote:  May happen. May not. Why such incredulous reponses? The poster didn't say incest was to become compulsory. In the history of television, these channels have been running 5 or 6 years tops. Do you still tune in for Top Of The Pops & Brookside every week?

Brookside was chopped cos it got shit...

What, and the babe channels didn't?? Working on that theory, this axing sounds perfectly plausible to me Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2009 02:44 by StanTheMan.)
21-08-2009 02:43
vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

(21-08-2009 02:43 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(19-08-2009 21:39 )perana68 Wrote:  
(19-08-2009 21:10 )moron50 Wrote:  May happen. May not. Why such incredulous reponses? The poster didn't say incest was to become compulsory. In the history of television, these channels have been running 5 or 6 years tops. Do you still tune in for Top Of The Pops & Brookside every week?

Brookside was chopped cos it got shit...

What, and the babe channels didn't?? Working on that theory, this axing sounds perfectly plausible to me Big Grin

With Top of the pops, audiences plummeted in part due to the now defunct weekly chart update and the amount of digital music channels. It became obsolete.

With Brookside, seven million watched during the show's heyday, which dropped to just 1.5 million in the last year(as it got shit), which in commercial television terms means it wasn't going to generate enough advertising revenue to support its budget.

Which is where the Babe Channels come in.
While guys want to have a wank and pay the Girl on-screen to help him get off, then they will continue to exist due to the funds they generate, and the funds that the broadcasters would be willing to pay lawyers to fight any proposal to take them off the air. And they continue to coin it in even in today's climate where the current poster Girl wears gaffer tape over her nipples.

But Moron50 makes a good point, viewing trends can suddenly change, look at the amount of quiz channels that used to spam the airwaves. The people who used to phone/text in became sick and tired of the contempt and crooked ways of the shows broadcasters. The stopped funding the shows and they died a sudden death. This was one Ofcom intervention (with applying certain regulations) that made sense.

One change that I can see in the Babe Channels future is similar to what Ofcom requested with the quiz shows, a countdown timer displayed on screen to show how many other callers are on the line, so the days of being told "you can get straight through" may come to an end. And would as many people call if they knew that there were 50 callers waiting to talk in front of you? And little scams advertised on screen such as "PHONE PAIGE AND MAKE HER STRIP" could also be relegated to TV history.

But I don't think the Babe Shows will disappear while people are still happy to pay £1.50 per minute.
21-08-2009 03:39
SashasMan Offline
Senior Poster

The only change I know of which has been talked about is maybe pinning all the adult channels like they do with the adult movie channels

Oh and sky is already digital so is virgin have been for years

My glass is always half full it just needs filling up

Sasha s my one true valentine
Denni Tayla's offical onscreen nighttime husband
Chloe Ps Official onscreen husband
Sophies Star
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2009 06:52 by SashasMan.)
21-08-2009 06:50
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(21-08-2009 06:50 )SashasMan Wrote:  The only change I know of which has been talked about is maybe pinning all the adult channels like they do with the adult movie channels

But that's unworkable. Like most, I imagine, I flick through the 900s at quite a rate, never settling on one for more than a few seconds. I carry out this 'customary check' maybe a dozen times during the night, usually during the commercial breaks on the mainstream channels. There are currently about 25 fta babe channels. Who would be willing to enter their PIN 25 times everytime they wanted to flick through these shows? I know I wouldn't.

They only way PIN protection could possibly work, is if they could somehow configure things so that entering your PIN once unlocked all the fta babeshows.
21-08-2009 15:35