GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average

is there a moderator online?

misterG Offline
Senior Poster

is there a moderator online?
I guess there is as my last post (Foum Censorship) has been removed.
If I'm saying something you don't want me to, at least have the courtesy to tell me and don't just delete my posts.
What was wrong with yesterdays post and why can't I complain when its removed?
24-08-2009 11:07
Find all posts by this user
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

RE: is there a moderator online?
(24-08-2009 11:07 )misterG Wrote:  I guess there is as my last post (Foum Censorship) has been removed.
If I'm saying something you don't want me to, at least have the courtesy to tell me and don't just delete my posts.
What was wrong with yesterdays post and why can't I complain when its removed?

Your post has not been deleted but has been moved to The Vault
http://www.babeshows.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=83
I am not sure whether you are able to see it or not since you are not a mod.
I did not move it. Posts get moved there for various reasons :-
troublemaking posts, offensive posts etc.
Pictures will be deleted (not moved to the vault) immediately if there is a copyright problem with them. We have to do this for legal reasons.
Have you got your private message (pm) option turned on. You might well receive an explanation by pm about what was wrong with your post.
You could also send a pm to the mod in charge of the section where you posted asking for an explanation.
Its better than creating threads complaining about it.
24-08-2009 11:26
misterG Offline
Senior Poster

Thanks Watcher,
My post last night was my opinion re Paige & has disappeared: don't believe it was offensive or trouble-making: certainly no worse than other comments in same post & others.
My post this am was angry & contained bad language but again, no worse than elsewhere in forum.
Picture was a screen dump from babeshow vid on another forum: this forum's full of them but...ok maybe copyright.
I have received private messages (invites to FF league) so assume turned on but never had a post from mod.
I don't have access to vault: didn't know there was one but have wondered where 'old' posts go.
Agree, didn't want to start another thread but couldn't find any other way, especially after 1st post was just removed: select Contact Us opens email but can't find any link anywhere to 'contact moderator'... suggestion 'send pm to mod in charge of section' sounds ok...just have to find out who...post has been deleted so not sure what section was in.
Gotta admit not impressed at all. Contributors (you inc) are excellent but guess I'll be going back to lurking: I can handle it if someone disagrees with my opinion but removing posts with no reason /explanation is really annoying.
Thanks for response at least.
(This post was last modified: 24-08-2009 11:51 by misterG.)
24-08-2009 11:48
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

dont go mr g. who else can discuss the chat

Piper Niven Superfan
24-08-2009 11:49
rover Offline

This should help you find out who's who and which section there in charge off MisterG.
http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showteam.php

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me,either. Just leave me alone.
24-08-2009 11:56
misterG Offline
Senior Poster

(24-08-2009 11:49 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  dont go mr g. who else can discuss the chat
Sorry rascal, I must have similar name to someone else: only have freeview so never seen the Chat.
Other mr g must have better luck posting than me!
24-08-2009 11:58
misterG Offline
Senior Poster

(24-08-2009 11:56 )rover Wrote:  This should help you find out who's who and which section there in charge off MisterG.

Thanks rover, assume it was on Babestation so guess it was skateguy then.
24-08-2009 12:01
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

(24-08-2009 12:01 )misterG Wrote:  
(24-08-2009 11:56 )rover Wrote:  This should help you find out who's who and which section there in charge off MisterG.

I tried to send you a pm but it said you have pm turned off.
It would have been Smc or admin that moved your Paige post. It was in my section, Partyland, but I did not move it.
24-08-2009 12:07
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

Having now seen the post in question (it is in The Vault which non mods do not have access to) it would appear it was simply due to it being part of yet another collection of off topic posts on the will she/won't she topic that has been done to death on here and a warning was made on the paige dicussion thread in the Babestation section - this seemed to merely result in the 'debate' being moved to a different thread/section rather than ending.
No malice intended against you in particular....there were a number of posts moved during this (indeed I've had some moved as well on this topic) and that's just the risk you take by posting on such a 'hot' topic lol - yours was merely caught up in amongst all the others Smile

As for getting in touch with you about it - I hope you will appreciate that it is hard and continuous work moderating this forum, especially in recent weeks/months with these sort of 'debates' opening up all the time and maintaining the forum in general that it is often difficult for mods to find the time to reply personally to people. Despite some peoples possible opinions, the mods do a lot of work on here - and just because they don't appear as a visibile presence, don't mistake that for not being here doing their job. They are often here but hidden - 1 mod in particular is seldom if ever logged off at all.

But damned if they do/damned if they don't. If a mod's visible in doing their job (such as this) they are open to criticism. If they are 'invisible' and people don't notice the work they are doing they are accused of doing nothing lol

The ultimate point is - the mod team also have to answer back to the channels/companies themselves in order to ensure this forum can stay open and not come under legal attack. This often means they are asked to remove content that the channels/companies ask to be removed. The mods themselves are often unhappy about this, but have to in order to ensure we all have this forum to come back to each day.

Hope this clears up at least some of the issue Smile

(This post was last modified: 24-08-2009 12:18 by Sooky™.)
24-08-2009 12:17
misterG Offline
Senior Poster

(24-08-2009 12:07 )TheWatcher Wrote:  
(24-08-2009 12:01 )misterG Wrote:  

I tried to send you a pm but it said you have pm turned off.
It would have been Smc or admin that moved your Paige post. It was in my section, Partyland, but I did not move it.

Thanks Watcher,
but that ones got me! I'm in User CP now and can't see anything that says turn on/off PM.
But found 2 messages there this am from admin asking me to join FF league which I deleted and they are now in Trash (so must have been on then?).
If I select Compose, new message window opens ok so assume its on?

(NB If you can see where it was, presumably you can see post? Do you reckon removed as offensive or troublemaking?) ** just read Sookys explanantion so no need for answer thnx**

But we've all wasted enough time over this now and anger from this am has dissipated.
Thanks for the replies from you guys who've tried to help but guess its a lurkers life for me!
(This post was last modified: 24-08-2009 12:25 by misterG.)
24-08-2009 12:22
Thread Closed 

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles