Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 3.19 Average

Receiving Babe Channels On Freeview

brummie Offline
Posting Machine

Freeview problems
I have Sky for my main TV downstairs but my second TV upstairs relies on Freeview so I thought it was great when some of the phone girl channels started on Freeview.Disappointed to find then that despite retuning my Freeview TV not all the channels are being received. Its not just the adult shows on channel 33 and 42 affected even 4music, TMF and Kerrang radio have disappeared.I've been told its probably my local transmitter (Sutton Coldfield I think) using duplexing(?) and I may need to upgrade my loft ariel, but 90% of the channels are fine.
13-09-2009 01:09
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
x Camilla Rocks My Socks x Offline
Junior Poster

RE: Freeview problems
Hard luck mate, i too have a freeview box in my bedroom, but i am not having the same problem... quite the opposite in fact!!
SurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprised
Camilla on party girls Heart
Reede on babestation Heart
AND Daryl Morgan on PartyLand Heart
SurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprised

I'm in heaven Tongue

maybe the signal in your area is bad... try repositioning your aerial... hope that helps

If there is one thing life has taught me... it is that breathing is very important.
13-09-2009 01:17
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

(13-09-2009 01:09 )brummie Wrote:  I have Sky for my main TV downstairs but my second TV upstairs relies on Freeview so I thought it was great when some of the phone girl channels started on Freeview.Disappointed to find then that despite retuning my Freeview TV not all the channels are being received. Its not just the adult shows on channel 33 and 42 affected even 4music, TMF and Kerrang radio have disappeared.I've been told its probably my local transmitter (Sutton Coldfield I think) using duplexing(?) and I may need to upgrade my loft ariel, but 90% of the channels are fine.

Not all channels are transmitted with the same signal strength.
You can get an aerial amplifier for a lot less than the cost of a new aerial.
I use an aerial amplifier with a portable aerial for my bedroom tv.
13-09-2009 17:14
brummie Offline
Posting Machine

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check out an ariel amplifer. Just fixed up a signal booster and distribution kit to receive my Sky Satelite signal upstairs but it means having to go downstairs to the Sky box to change channels.
13-09-2009 18:07
Bunna Away
On Leave

The quality of your freeview box may also make a difference, if its a little crappy one that you get for a tenner then you won't get much bang for your buck than you would with a better quality box, I am not saying everyone needs to go out & buy an expensive box(because you don't need one) but I have noticed the difference between a good box and a not so good box.

Thank you and goodnight!
13-09-2009 18:19
brummie Offline
Posting Machine

(13-09-2009 18:19 )Bunna Wrote:  The quality of your freeview box may also make a difference, if its a little crappy one that you get for a tenner then you won't get much bang for your buck than you would with a better quality box, I am not saying everyone needs to go out & buy an expensive box(because you don't need one) but I have noticed the difference between a good box and a not so good box.

Its actually a telly with built in freeview, do you think a separate box might be better?
13-09-2009 18:53
Bunna Away
On Leave

(13-09-2009 18:53 )brummie Wrote:  
(13-09-2009 18:19 )Bunna Wrote:  The quality of your freeview box may also make a difference, if its a little crappy one that you get for a tenner then you won't get much bang for your buck than you would with a better quality box, I am not saying everyone needs to go out & buy an expensive box(because you don't need one) but I have noticed the difference between a good box and a not so good box.

Its actually a telly with built in freeview, do you think a separate box might be better?

If your IDTV is good quality then as someone suggested earlier a signal booster may help.

Thank you and goodnight!
13-09-2009 19:01
JBLOVESELLAJOLIE Offline
Being Naughty

HELP PLEASE - I DONT HAVE BABESTATION
Apologies to any techies in the group but I don't have BABESTATION and don't know how to get access...

I'm on Virgin Cable which doesn't include the channel.

I live in a conservation area which means I'm not allowed to put a Satellite Dish or Ariel on my house.

Is there another way to get access to the channels.

I only know about the channel because I use hotels in my job a lot and found the chanel by accident when I was bored and rescanned the TV and hey ho, out popped this awesome channel, BABESTATION...

so now when I'm at home I don't have access and get withdrawal symptoms...

Any suggestions would be appreciated....

thanks.
23-01-2011 03:02
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

RE: HELP PLEASE - I DONT HAVE BABESTATION
Get a Freeview tv or set-top box. At least you'll get a sort of watered-down version that way.
23-01-2011 03:06
alexfury Offline
!!!!!SPOON!!!!!

RE: HELP PLEASE - I DONT HAVE BABESTATION
(23-01-2011 03:06 )vila Wrote:  Get a Freeview tv or set-top box. At least you'll get a sort of watered-down version that way.

the whole thing is watered down freeview and sky

my top 10 in alphabetical order
Ashleigh Doll / Bailey /Caty Cole /Daryl Morgan / Kandi / Leah Jaye / Levi / Lucy Zara / Sophie Hart / Tori Lee

I have a thing for big boobs can you tell
23-01-2011 03:09