Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.42 Average

Freeview channel 97

TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

Freeview channel 97
This is the pay to view encrypted TelevisionX channel 97 on freeview.
There are a couple of unencrypted free to view 5 minute previews at 11pm and midnight.
On 30 September channel 97 will be allocated to Partyland. No mention of a new channel for TelevisionX.
I thought I'd checkout the 11pm preview last night before it might be gone for good. Not seen one of these for months. It was pretty poor, nowhere as good as the 10 minute ones they used to have last year.
Anyway after it finished, instead of the instructions popping up to give the phone numbers and saying press red which lets you enter the pin, the screen stayed black and a bit later the full audio could be heard. I think it was called footballers wives with Karen Wood in the EPG. You could hear her and another woman going at it. Even the sound of the vibrators was audible. It all stopped when I pressed the red button but I could get the sound back again by changing channel and returning via the EPG.
I tried it a few times. About 50% of the time I got a blank screen plus sound, the other 50% I got the normal "instructions" screen.
18-09-2009 11:30
Find all posts by this user
pleasemakethesetextstop Offline
Apprentice Poster

RE: Freeview channel 97
reminds me of when i was a nipper and we first got cable (nynex). After the free-view had finished you could unplug the box then plug it back in and you'd get another 10min. Must have worn out a few plugs in my time...
18-09-2009 16:14
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

All the channels on Freeview/Digital channels are going to have to be retuned on 30th September from about midday as the next stage to turning off the analogue signal contunues.
18-09-2009 18:43
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

Something strange with the Daily Express newspaper.
I bought it today to have something to read while waiting for my pub lunch to be served. I don't normally buy it, but it was only 40p. I did not finish reading it, so took it back home.
I looked at the tv guide to see what was on tonight. It had details for most of the freeview channels, ITV2, E4, BBC3, More4 etc. and some of the sky channels. What it did not have was any mention at all of Virgin1 or Five USA which are on freeview, or their programs.
It did however have the program listing for channel 97, see below. First time I've seen this in any newspaper or TV mag.

[Image: 3jk001uhiy4gsgtel51w.jpg]
22-09-2009 16:41
Thread Closed