Thread Rating:
  • 88 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Ofcom Broadcast Code Consultation

StanTheMan Offline
Banned

RE: Ofcom Broadcast Code Consultation
(20-12-2009 01:30 )DanVox Wrote:  But I'm still half hoping that secretly Ofcom will loosen up a bit, and the "nothing's changing, honest guv" press release is just to get the Daily Mail off their back.

Me too, but for me the one piece of information I'm always looking for in these discussions is missing yet again. Maybe it's not something Ofcom release, but what I want to know above all is when will we (the viewer) see the changes - whether they be positive (a lightening of the rules) or negative (a tightening of the rules). Will it happen overnight or over the course of a few years?
(This post was last modified: 20-12-2009 02:36 by StanTheMan.)
20-12-2009 02:34
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Winston Wolfe Offline
AKA "Mr. Black"

(19-12-2009 00:19 )DanVox Wrote:  
(18-12-2009 11:34 )Winston Wolfe Wrote:  
(18-12-2009 02:55 )vostok 1 Wrote:  Since Live XXX and the encrypted version of TVX Call Girls no longer operate, then I would assume that this business model doesn't make money.

OFCOM's rules on content doesn't exactly help matters... I think most customers expect far more from pay-per-view/subscription channels, and when stronger material is readily available elsewhere they aren't gonna keep paying for substandard content.

Dead right the model doesn't pay. Anymore. Ofcom warned the shows off "hardcore" content. After that they didn't dare actually show dildo or finger penetration or oral. And who's going to pay for softcore ?

As things stand with OFCOM, it's basically a "restriction of trade" for UK adult pay-per-view/subscription channels... The free-to-air phone sex channels can get away with it due to the style of those shows being "verbally hardcore with a bit of visual", but for pay-per-view/subscription channels (without phone sex) it's gonna take some creative ideas to provide a worthwhile service under the current rules...

I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.
20-12-2009 17:23
cosmonaut Offline
Posting Machine

(19-12-2009 00:19 )DanVox Wrote:  Dead right the model doesn't pay. Anymore. Ofcom warned the shows off "hardcore" content. After that they didn't dare actually show dildo or finger penetration or oral. And who's going to pay for softcore ?

TVX claim to have 400,000 subscribers.
21-12-2009 13:04
sweetsugar007 Offline
Big Ass Lover

(20-12-2009 01:32 )DanVox Wrote:  To be honest, any scene featuring Ian Beal or Jenine Butcher having sex ought to be banned. I'm broadminded but ...

Janine is a filthy animal!!! I would have some!

Spiderman,Spiderman,does whatever a Spider can!!!
21-12-2009 14:16
Winston Wolfe Offline
AKA "Mr. Black"

(21-12-2009 13:04 )cosmonaut Wrote:  
(19-12-2009 00:19 )DanVox Wrote:  Dead right the model doesn't pay. Anymore. Ofcom warned the shows off "hardcore" content. After that they didn't dare actually show dildo or finger penetration or oral. And who's going to pay for softcore ?

TVX claim to have 400,000 subscribers.

Even if that figure is accurate, OFCOM's rules are still effectively a "restriction of trade" as TVX would surely get more subscribers (and more importantly keep them) if they were allowed to show "hardcore content" on their channels... TVX do offer access to hardcore content on their website for all Sky subscribers, but that kinda defeats the purpose of watching the channels imo.

I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.
23-12-2009 19:04