Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 2.89 Average

Babestation : Freeview vs Sky

vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

RE: Freeview vs Sky moaning thread
(26-09-2011 15:27 )mr mystery Wrote:  SteveHG , just took my Sky viewing card out and checked what babe channels are no longer available to view with out a card , the only babe channels that you can't get are the channels that go encrypted at night , ChatGirl Ch 901 cannot be viewed , RLC/Playboy Ch 916 cannot be viewed or any of the Elite day channels that become encrypted TVX/Red Hot channels at night , all the BS , Elite , RLC , Storm and all the others channels that don't become encrypted at night can be viewed without a viewing card .
This is for a Sky box by the way , so when removing the viewing card it acctually turns it into a Sky free view box .

Am I right in thinking that this only applies to a standard single-tuner Sky box and not Sky+?

I'm sure I've been told that without a card the Sky+ box loses more functionality that just not getting the pay channels. Maybe it's just that you can't use the built-in hdd to record?

There probably aren't very many used Sky+ boxes available, but it would be a bit duff if someone bought one for this purpose only to find that half its functions don't work.

I've seen used standard Sky boxes sell on eBay for as little as £5 (+P&P).
26-09-2011 16:45
Find all posts by this user
dogman Offline
Account closed by request

Dont get this we are entitled to more than you bit ,as said b/s pay for the f/v platform the same as they pay to be on satellite.Notice i say satellite and not sky,apart from extreme there channels can be picked up on freeview/sky/free to air satellite/freesat/there is also free to view satellite,which has a one off £20 payment because it comes from sky and has a few extra channels on it and uses sky equipment,what im getting at is nobody pays for B/S its free. the confusion with it and sky is in its on the sky platform and they pay sky for this ,in the same way sky pay eurobird/astra to use there satellite to broardcast from

Age is a state of mind.
26-09-2011 16:49
mr mystery Away

(26-09-2011 16:45 )vila Wrote:  
(26-09-2011 15:27 )mr mystery Wrote:  SteveHG , just took my Sky viewing card out and checked what babe channels are no longer available to view with out a card , the only babe channels that you can't get are the channels that go encrypted at night , ChatGirl Ch 901 cannot be viewed , RLC/Playboy Ch 916 cannot be viewed or any of the Elite day channels that become encrypted TVX/Red Hot channels at night , all the BS , Elite , RLC , Storm and all the others channels that don't become encrypted at night can be viewed without a viewing card .
This is for a Sky box by the way , so when removing the viewing card it actually turns it into a Sky free view box .

Am I right in thinking that this only applies to a standard single-tuner Sky box and not Sky+?

I'm sure I've been told that without a card the Sky+ box loses more functionality that just not getting the pay channels. Maybe it's just that you can't use the built-in hdd to record?

There probably aren't very many used Sky+ boxes available, but it would be a bit duff if someone bought one for this purpose only to find that half its functions don't work.

I've seen used standard Sky boxes sell on eBay for as little as £5 (+P&P).

It's the Sky viewing card that is the Key that unlocks the Sky box functions , i think it somehow stores your own personal Sky package/subscription details and only allows you to view the channels that you subscribe to , if you upgrade to a more channels package eg Sky Sports or the film channels or even various subscription babe channels a signal is sent to the Sky box viewing card , the card then has the information that you are allowed to watch the various subscription channel and lets you do so , vice-versa if you cancel various subscriptions a signal is sent to the viewing card telling it that you are no longer allowed to watch various subscription channels , without a inserted viewing card the Sky box doesn't know who you are , so if you try and access channels that need a viewing card or a subscription a message comes on screen telling you to insert your viewing card , you have to be a Sky subscriber to use Sky+ , so without a viewing card Sky+ functions will not work (record), but without a viewing card you can still watch the free to air channels including all the free to air babe channels apart from those that go encrypted at night .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2011 17:47 by mr mystery.)
26-09-2011 17:39
dave34 Offline
Posting Machine

(26-09-2011 11:28 )sceptic Wrote:  why is it you need a freeview card for certain babechannels on freesat And not others?
if it's this freesat you are talking about i dont think it uses a card
http://www.freesat.co.uk/what-you-get/ou...ge_b6430=3

David is Darly's newest fan also a big fan of Charlie C ,Tiffany & Camilla, Kandi Kay & Rachel Taylor , Ruby Summer & Ree Petra, Kitty from Asian Connections & Jasmine from Asian Connections

top 4 channels as they are BS / Xpanded TV & Studio 66 TV & Asian Connections
26-09-2011 21:16
SteveHG Offline
Posting Machine

other members Wrote:stuff about stuff

Thanks for the advice guys.
So just to sum what you can get free on satellite, to get all the non-subscription BS (and other adult) channels you need to have a Sky box and have (or have had) a subscription (i.e. a card) in order to be recognised by the system. Understand you can buy a Freesat for Sky system (for around £175)which gives you those things.
Looking at the Freesat (i.e. non-Sky) version it looks like you can get BS1 and Filth (Elite?) channels only, though not sure of the times of these.
Have I got this right?
27-09-2011 17:27
mr mystery Away

(27-09-2011 17:27 )SteveHG Wrote:  

So just to sum what you can get free on satellite, to get all the non-subscription BS (and other adult) channels you need to have a Sky box and have (or have had) a subscription (i.e. a card) in order to be recognised by the system. Understand you can buy a Freesat for Sky system (for around £175)which gives you those things.
Looking at the Freesat (i.e. non-Sky) version it looks like you can get BS1 and Filth (Elite?) channels only, though not sure of the times of these.
Have I got this right?

No that's not quite right , if you haven't ever been a Sky subscriber and don't have a viewing card you can still with a Sky box and dish watch all free to air babe channels , you just can't watch the encrypted channels or subscribe to them without a viewing card , without a viewing card you can watch loads of other non babe channels as well such as some music channels , film channels , foreign channels as well as all the BBC , ITV and all the channel four group of channels but for some reason the Five group of channels requires a viewing card but no subscription . Sky+ will not work without a card or subscription . Just beware if anyone purchases a Sky box and dish and no viewing card you cannot access child lock , pin protection or change adult content settings without a viewing card , so if the box is second hand it could have various adult content settings restrictions set so that you cannot access the adult channels without changing settings by inserting a card and entering you pin , most new boxes come without the adult channels being removed or pin protected but if the box is second hand you never know what the last owners set up for adult content was , so to alter settings a viewing card but not subscription is required .
A brand new viewing card supplied by Sky costs around £20 i think , with second hand equipment picked up for next to nothing and a new Sky viewing card you can at any time purchase all the box office adult nightly adult channels and upgrade at any time to various Sky packages , with a card sent to you by Sky even without a subscription you are still recognised by Sky as a Sky customer via your payment of the viewing card

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2011 18:38 by mr mystery.)
27-09-2011 18:22
dogman Offline

(27-09-2011 17:27 )SteveHG Wrote:  

Have I got this right?

Also steve i dont know if this will be of any help to you,but you can also get free to air satellite systems which start from only around £50 for the whole set up,they pick up all the unencryped babechannels including b/s.If you go on the internet and just enter f.t.a satellite theres loads of info about these including how to set them up

Age is a state of mind.
28-09-2011 14:35
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(28-09-2011 14:35 )dogman Wrote:  Also steve i dont know if this will be of any help to you,but you can also get free to air satellite systems which start from only around £50 for the whole set up,they pick up all the unencryped babechannels including b/s.If you go on the internet and just enter f.t.a satellite theres loads of info about these including how to set them up

Or you can pop into your nearest Maplins if you prefer to see before you buy.
28-09-2011 15:00
RRROGER Away
Posting Machine

I've posted elsewhere, most recently about Elite TV taking on 4 unnecessary extra daytime channels as part of a package to enable them to get their hands on a single nighttime FV channel, that with the digital switchover the potential FV audience will be huge compared with the subscription channels relying on satellite or cable, which must surely be eventually reflected in increased number of FV channels to meet market demand.

28-09-2011 15:38
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(28-09-2011 15:38 )RRROGER Wrote:  I've posted elsewhere, . . .

Can't find it. Link, please?
28-09-2011 15:58
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV