Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.76 Average

Ofcom Discussion

babefan29 Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Ofcom stuff
content regulator has resigned from ofcom lets hope its a sign of change ahead

Stewart Purvis, the former ITN chief executive, is to leave the media regulator Ofcom after two-and-a-half years.

Purvis, who is the Ofcom partner responsible for content regulation and standards, is understood to be leaving in the autumn. Purvis, who joined Ofcom in November 2007, spent more than 30 years in broadcasting starting at the BBC and later moving to ITN.

At ITN he held roles including editor of Channel 4 News, for which he won several Baftas, rising to become chief executive from 1995 to 2003. He was appointed a CBE for services to broadcast journalism in 2000.

Ofcom's content and standards group oversees regulation of television and radio standards and compliance with the broadcasting code.
21-05-2010 14:41
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Lets hope so heres a link to the story. http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/may...rvis-ofcom
21-05-2010 22:41
vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

[split] Serious Ofcom warning for Bang Media
(24-05-2010 20:37 )arron88 Wrote:  There are channels that attempted to take 'Ofcom' to court in europe but they ran out of money before it was heard and went out of business.

Which channels/when? Why an European court? Do you mean The ECHR? How did you hear this?
24-05-2010 23:31
gunflash10 Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Serious Ofcom warning for Bang Media
(24-05-2010 23:31 )vostok 1 Wrote:  
(24-05-2010 20:37 )arron88 Wrote:  There are channels that attempted to take 'Ofcom' to court in europe but they ran out of money before it was heard and went out of business.

Which channels/when? Why an European court? Do you mean The ECHR? How did you hear this?
Yes come on arron88 let us hear your examples as vostok 1 has asked for.I will be interested to hear which channels and when and lets see if you can genuinely give us examples of what you are saying.SadSad

Victoria Concordia Crescit
25-05-2010 00:05
Dan Volatile Offline
1956 Jubilee Butterfly

(24-05-2010 20:54 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Fuck ofcom they are fuckin rats.

I think you are missing the target here. Ofcom, like all quangos, was created by and its terms of reference were set by politicians.

I think you'll find that ultimately the politicans are always to blame.

25-05-2010 00:19
Chilly Away
Posting Machine

^^^^ Politicians who were elected by the people. So, ultimately it's the people who voted these individuals into power that are surely the ones to blame. Wink
(This post was last modified: 25-05-2010 00:40 by Chilly.)
25-05-2010 00:34
'BigBen' Offline
Sifu

[split] Serious Ofcom warning for Bang Media
(24-05-2010 20:54 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Arron your comment about ofcom being quite reasonable and takes action when required is the most baffling statement I have ever heard how can you even justify that comment unless you work for them. Fuck ofcom they are fuckin rats.

As I’ve said in other threads I actually suspect he does work for them. Why on earth come out with a statement like that other than if you were an employee of ofcom. Everyone else with half a brain cell can see ofcom are useless, unnecessary, time wasting, tin pot dictatorial with a napoleon complex. Who never ever act on serious complaints towards business practices which breach guidelines and genuinely have a damaging effect on the consumer. They just fine companies they feel they can get a 'win' out of (I’m reminded of the scene with Rik Mayall in Bottom Series 3 episode Terror where Ritchie tells Eddie they should beat up some kids because 'I think we can get a win out of this one').

My all time favourite babes to date: Ashleigh Doll (Paradiso), Emily Dean (Ex Babecast, Ex Bangbabes, Ex TVX), Courtney Luv (Ex Hotel Voyuer, Paradiso), Camilla (Ex Hotel Voyuer, Babestation), Reed (Ex Hotel Voyuer Know as Lolly, Ex Babestation), Elise (Sexstation), Dani O'Neil (Babestation), Abbie (Ex Hotel Voyuer), Antonia Stokes (Ex Sexstation), Twinkle (Ex Sexstation), Rosie Lee (Babestation), Tina Love (Sexstation,TVX Call Girls), Bella (Ex Live 960), Jo Jo (Ex Sport XXX, TVX), Nikki Lee (TVX), Jet Black (Ex Babecast, Ex Sexsation, TVX, Bangbabes), Bailey (Sport XXX), Lucy (Ex Sport XXX), Sidney JJ (Sexstation), Foxy Blonde (Sexstation), Jasmine Jones (TVX), Caty Cole (Elite), Morgan (Ex Hotel Voyuer, Ex TVX, Paradiso), Makara Kai (Ex Live XXX, Ex Sport XXX), Cleo (Sexstation), Tixxie (Ex Babestation), Siobhan (TVX), Alice Goodwin (Elite), Annie Bullah (Babestation), Kerrie Louise (BangBabes), Jess West (Sexstation), Jess Llyod (Sexstation), Kiran Khan (Sexstation), Mai Bailey (Sexstation), Lucy Summers (Redlight), Paige Turnah (Sexstation), Demi Scott (ChatGirl)
26-05-2010 13:51
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Matsui Offline
Senior Poster

But if you’re of the religious persuasion, then it was God who created people, therefore it's all God’s fault and we should be blaming him/her/it, or whatever. Tongue

Matsui's Favourite Babe Show Beauties, Past and Present
Tiffany Chambers | Kandi Kay | Jada | Tori Lee | Georgie Darby | Lolly Badcock | Charlene Hart | Olivia Berzinc | Caty Cole | Madison Rose | Jess West | Kimberley Jones
27-05-2010 23:57
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

(26-05-2010 13:51 )BigBen Wrote:  
(24-05-2010 20:54 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Arron your comment about ofcom being quite reasonable and takes action when required is the most baffling statement I have ever heard how can you even justify that comment unless you work for them. Fuck ofcom they are fuckin rats.

...Everyone else with half a brain cell can see ofcom are useless, unnecessary, time wasting, tin pot dictatorial with a napoleon complex. Who never ever act on serious complaints towards business practices which breach guidelines and genuinely have a damaging effect on the consumer.

If a BNP member repeatedly phoned the police making allegations about the local gypsy camp the police would eventually turn round, warn them off, and treat future complaints with scepticism. If a local pub kept making allegations about the other pub in area - dirty kitchens, under-age drinking, over-charging - eventually the licencing authority would cotton on and either ignore complaints or investigate all pubs in the area. Courts can label a shit-stirrer a "vexatious complainant". Complaints to Ofcom are probably complicated by fake names, but it really is time they woke up, smelt the coffee and realised that they are being used by one business to hammer the competition.

Gone fishing
28-05-2010 00:31
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

(27-05-2010 23:57 )Matsui Wrote:  But if you’re of the religious persuasion, then it was God who created people, therefore it's all God’s fault and we should be blaming him/her/it, or whatever. Tongue

Stupid stupid stupid but I can't let this one go, it's like a dog chasing the napalm truck...Wink

Depends on your religion Matsui.
Muslims can be quite fatalistic.
Catholics blame the Protestants.
Protestants blame themselves.
Bhuddists believe it will be better in the next life.
Jews just shrug.
Pagans blame the weather.
Jains are philosphical about it.
Sikhs believe blame cannot be localised.
And ancestor worshipers blame the kids.

Gone fishing
28-05-2010 00:53