gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 2.92 Average

Speed

*Kal-El* Away
Superman

RE: Speed
it was running a slower the other day when i was on my mac, seems ok now.

"No Clark I know Everything About You, I Didn’t Just Borrow Your DNA, I Have All Your Memories All Your Thoughts......Every Last Twisted One of Them”.
01-12-2008 12:30
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dondoe returns Offline
Posting Machine

kalel76 Wrote:it was running a slower the other day when i was on my mac, seems ok now.

Cleaned up my hard-drive,and defraged...seems fine now...Big Grin
01-12-2008 13:30
dondoe returns Offline
Posting Machine

Does anyone else think that ISP's slow down during peak times???
03-12-2008 13:51
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

dondoe Wrote:Does anyone else think that ISP's slow down during peak times???

Unfortunately, yes they do. Some worse than others - who are you with dondoe?

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
03-12-2008 14:22
dondoe returns Offline
Posting Machine

skateguy Wrote:
dondoe Wrote:Does anyone else think that ISP's slow down during peak times???

Unfortunately, yes they do. Some worse than others - who are you with dondoe?

Orange...til Feb..thinking of tryin Sky...
03-12-2008 15:32
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

The large and well known ISPs have so many subscribers that their infrastructure will always suffer at peak times. The problem is the cheaper deals are always popular (Virgin, BT, Sky, Orange....) so its a case of you get what you pay for.

My ISP is fast but is now suffering badly from congestion and reduced speeds at peak times after being bought by O2. Luckily its a 24Meg connection so reduced speed is still high.

The better ISPs are lesser known and haven't been bought and ruined by larger ISPs, but as they're smaller they have to charge more (e.g. Zen, Vispa).

Anyway, this site's good for sussing out who to go with:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps.html
and it allows you to compare the ISPs http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compare.html

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2008 15:43 by skateguy.)
03-12-2008 15:43
dondoe returns Offline
Posting Machine

skateguy Wrote:The large and well known ISPs have so many subscribers that their infrastructure will always suffer at peak times. The problem is the cheaper deals are always popular (Virgin, BT, Sky, Orange....) so its a case of you get what you pay for.

My ISP is fast but is now suffering badly from congestion and reduced speeds at peak times after being bought by O2. Luckily its a 24Meg connection so reduced speed is still high.

The better ISPs are lesser known and haven't been bought and ruined by larger ISPs, but as they're smaller they have to charge more (e.g. Zen, Vispa).

Anyway, this site's good for sussing out who to go with:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps.html
and it allows you to compare the ISPs http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compare.html

I pay 22.90 a month for a speed which is supposed to be up to 16meg but isn't with unlimited downloads..which it isn't...will definatly change in Feb....Will check out the smaller companies...they can't be that much more expensive then I'm now paying...The deal I have with Orange now Sky does for a tenner!!!!
03-12-2008 16:28
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

dondoe Wrote:I pay 22.90 a month for a speed which is supposed to be up to 16meg but isn't with unlimited downloads..which it isn't...will definatly change in Feb....Will check out the smaller companies...they can't be that much more expensive then I'm now paying...The deal I have with Orange now Sky does for a tenner!!!!

That is a lot - you can definitely get something far cheaper and potentially better. I'm with Be* who I would sort of recommend (I did to A2C - hope he's happy with them so far...). Its a 24Meg connection but they are suffering from infrastructure problems due to being bought by O2. Anyway, I gave a full review of them, strangely in the hardcore vids thread, here http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...052&page=4

03-12-2008 16:38
dondoe returns Offline
Posting Machine

skateguy Wrote:
dondoe Wrote:I pay 22.90 a month for a speed which is supposed to be up to 16meg but isn't with unlimited downloads..which it isn't...will definatly change in Feb....Will check out the smaller companies...they can't be that much more expensive then I'm now paying...The deal I have with Orange now Sky does for a tenner!!!!

That is a lot - you can definitely get something far cheaper and potentially better. I'm with Be* who I would sort of recommend (I did to A2C - hope he's happy with them so far...). Its a 24Meg connection but they are suffering from infrastructure problems due to being bought by O2. Anyway, I gave a full review of them, strangely in the hardcore vids thread, here http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...052&page=4

Will be swappin in Feb....Orange loses it during peak times...will checkout Be and the smaller ones you suggested.....
05-12-2008 13:37
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

What speeds do you guys actually get on mobile when downloading a large file?
Do you use mobile because it is quicker, broadband landline is slow or not available to you where you are, or for some other reason. It is certainly dearer. I am quite happy with unlimited Tiscali landline and regularly get 500KB/s (4MB/s) for downloads. Uploads much slower though. Does anybody use Virgin cable and what is that like?
05-12-2008 16:26

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles