Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average

Something I've always wondered

Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Something I've always wondered
Surreysub, you're definately being a bit too cynical. Obviously it's a job to the girls but not everyone hates their job and not everyone in a job with clients hates their clients. There are the Holly James' of this world who seem to really hate their callers and can't be arsed with it, but you look at girls like Dani or Dionne who've been doing it for years, they must get some kind of enjoyment out of it at some level.

Hell, look in The Pad's forum at the thread Kelly Bell's made. If she really hated her callers, she wouldn't bother making that thread...
09-12-2008 22:45
Find all posts by this user
Red Offline
Knight Errant?

Surreysub
No I don't have an insight as such into the inner workings but I do have a smattering of people I know past and present involved in the TV work as well as personal experiences of phoning. Oh and before anyone gets excited I'm not naming names as I respect their privacy which is probably one of the reasons some of them are friends

Phallusfungus
18 is a restriction on any premium phone service whether adult related or not. I'm guessing the black strips on the photo previews are there to just stop people grabbing the image from on screen for their phone more than trying to fool people the ladies are naked. As for the paper bag, is that the one that comes free when he goes to his nearest private shop for a DVD? Big Grin

and finally...

BelfastBadBoy
I haven't used any big words yet... but just 'cause I lurve ya here is one now you've asked
brobdingnagian
Tongue Big Grin

I don't even know who I am so you'll forgive me if I ask 'Who the f**k do you think you are?!'
10-12-2008 02:43
BelfastBadBoy Away
Posting Machine

Red Wrote:and finally...

BelfastBadBoy
I haven't used any big words yet... but just 'cause I lurve ya here is one now you've asked
brobdingnagian
Tongue Big Grin

I was going to look that up but been a long day and i'm wrecked lol
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2008 19:12 by BelfastBadBoy.)
10-12-2008 19:09
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

I preferred your first reply before you edited it BBB - cracked me up Big Grin

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
10-12-2008 19:22
BelfastBadBoy Away
Posting Machine

skateguy Wrote:I preferred your first reply before you edited it BBB - cracked me up Big Grin

Yeah but when i read over it i didnt think he or anyone would have got the joke and might have thought it was being cheeky so thought i'd go the simple route lol

I thought it was funny too though lol
10-12-2008 19:25
admin. Offline
Administrator

phallusfungus Wrote:The daytime callers need to be 18 or over, so why can't they talk dirty with the girls during the day?

Because it's forbidden to advertise adult chat numbers on television before the 9.00 watershed.

There's nothing to stop someone offering an adult chat service at any time of day, you just can't advertise such a service on TV before 9.00 or after 5.30 in the morning.
10-12-2008 21:32
admin. Offline
Administrator

Red Wrote:18 is a restriction on any premium phone service whether adult related or not.

I'm afraid that isn't correct, Red. Many premium phone services can be marketed to those under 18. Industry statistics say that 65% of children now have their own mobile phone and a majority of these have used premium rate services - for example, they order ringtones and wallpapers, vote for contestants in reality TV shows, get goal alerts from football matches and enter various kinds of competitions.
10-12-2008 21:46
dondoe returns Offline
Posting Machine

JamesW Wrote:
Red Wrote:18 is a restriction on any premium phone service whether adult related or not.

I'm afraid that isn't correct, Red. Many premium phone services can be marketed to those under 18. Industry statistics say that 65% of children now have their own mobile phone and a majority of these have used premium rate services - for example, they order ringtones and wallpapers, vote for contestants in reality TV shows, get goal alerts from football matches and enter various kinds of competitions.

JamesW is right most ringtones are bought by under 18' and are premum rate,along with downloadable games.....
11-12-2008 02:30
Red Offline
Knight Errant?

Ah yes, forgot SMS reverse billing as was thinking premium phone numbers.
Having said that I do believe PhonepayPlus and ITC were trying to hammer out the disparity in their regulations as it is a bit of a mess at the moment let alone a nightmare to regulate SMS services.
There are still certain regulations which do sort of point in the direction that regulating specific marketing at sub 16 and sub 18 age groups with such services is the way forward and then leaving the bill payer to be responsible for the phone.

Got to blame parents somewhere down the line though and stop pussying around. If they aren't prepared to pay for their kids when they can't afford it then they should teach them not to use the services.
Having said all that personally I think all premium services should be available at 16 if not of an adult nature. I'm biased though as I've been paying for my own land line since I was 16 Big Grin

Oh and BBB. PM me what you wrote. I wanna see. Wanna! Wanna! Wanna! Big Grin
You'd be surprised at what a twisted sense of humour I have, even when aimed at me. Hey if you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at? Rolleyes

I don't even know who I am so you'll forgive me if I ask 'Who the f**k do you think you are?!'
11-12-2008 02:52
BelfastBadBoy Away
Posting Machine

Red Wrote:Oh and BBB. PM me what you wrote. I wanna see. Wanna! Wanna! Wanna! Big Grin
You'd be surprised at what a twisted sense of humour I have, even when aimed at me. Hey if you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at? Rolleyes

Thing is though skateguy and myself have built it up and it probably wont even be funny lol
11-12-2008 18:29
Thread Closed