Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

Foggy Mainwaring Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
Northern Trains would like to apologize for the cancellation of the 23:00 hours S66 service; this is due to circumstances that are well within our control, but we decided it was easier (for us) to cancel the service than find another presenter.

Top marks S66.
Your scheduling and ability to amend / update your schedule borders on the abysmal.

Listen men, he who controls Walmington - On - Sea controls England.
23-09-2018 23:38
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

The lighting on S66 is crap at the best of times but, ffs, Faye looks like an Oompa Loompa Rolleyes
24-09-2018 00:58
southlondonphil Offline
Master Poster

(23-09-2018 23:38 )Foggy Mainwaring Wrote:  this is due to circumstances that are well within our control

It's not within their control to find a presenter at that short notice. Girls live in their own homes, not the studio.
24-09-2018 01:10
GMach1 Offline
Account Closed

I hate to say it, and god knows she was a favourite of mine in the past but Clare Richards-WHY???

LIVERPOOL-Champions League & UEFA Super Cup AND
Club World Cup Winners 2019-YNWA!
So long, farewell, auf weidersehn, goodbye, adieu, syonara, ha su chin and CHEERIO!
24-09-2018 01:35
Bandwagon Away
Nuclear Baby

(24-09-2018 01:10 )southlondonphil Wrote:  It's not within their control to find a presenter at that short notice. Girls live in their own homes, not the studio.

Whilst this might be very true, it sure as shit doesn't mean they can't have a contingency plan.
They're always claiming through the OSG's to have someone on cam backstage.
An improvised disciplinary procedure for the sick flakes too. Or just implement one in the first place.
24-09-2018 09:25
hairbald Offline
Posting Machine

(24-09-2018 09:25 )Bandwagon Wrote:  Whilst this might be very true, it sure as shit doesn't mean they can't have a contingency plan.
An improvised disciplinary procedure for the sick flakes too. Or just implement one in the first place.

I'm pretty sure they are all independent contractors so basically they don't get paid.

Thought Heather's excuse for a no show (M6 J14-15 closed on a Sunday and therefore not a single other way of getting past it apart from following the pre-arranged diversion which have been advertised for weeks) was about as lame as it gets.

Damn glad the health service workers weren't as feeble during the snow this year but clearly our precious ladies are stymied by pre-planned roadworksBig LaughBig LaughBig Laugh
24-09-2018 09:53
Bandwagon Away
Nuclear Baby

^ Yes I think they are, but it still doesn't mean a disciplinary procedure can't be put in place. Companies are not held to ransom by contractors. A tier system of warnings before a loss of contract.
24-09-2018 10:05
hairbald Offline
Posting Machine

(24-09-2018 10:05 )Bandwagon Wrote:  ^ Yes I think they are, but it still doesn't mean a disciplinary procedure can't be put in place. Companies are not held to ransom by contractors. A tier system of warnings before a loss of contract.

I have contractors who work for me. They are all on 7 days notice and I don't have to give them any notice or reason for terminating the contract.

A set of punative measures baked into a contract are only helpful if you have the backbone to implement them. I seem to recall one of the BS ladies saying that if they no show (at short notice), they have to cover the cost of their replacement for the evening. That would be legally iffy and discriminatory if, say, their issue was "women's issues". Things like this are a bloody minefield so I prefer a simple approach that if a contractor is crap for any reason, I get rid of them.
24-09-2018 10:13
KerrAvon Offline
Posting Machine

(24-09-2018 09:25 )Bandwagon Wrote:  Whilst this might be very true, it sure as shit doesn't mean they can't have a contingency plan.

Good point. If there really was someone backstagee, it's further proof that this channel don't give a damn about the traditional nightshow anymore. Probably more worried if a babe went AWOL during daytime
24-09-2018 11:29
GMach1 Offline
Account Closed

Okay let's face facts BS and S66 will never be the same as you remember it, things change, girls move on and you have to accept that eventuality. As I've said before you should never try to recapture the past, that was then, this is now. It is either enjoy what you see or switch off and go and do something else. Don't take things so seriously lads(dons metal helmet and flak jacket to avoid shrapnel) Smile

LIVERPOOL-Champions League & UEFA Super Cup AND
Club World Cup Winners 2019-YNWA!
So long, farewell, auf weidersehn, goodbye, adieu, syonara, ha su chin and CHEERIO!
24-09-2018 11:56