Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Serious Ofcom warning for Bang Media

eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

RE: Serious Ofcom warning for Bang Media
(20-11-2010 16:22 )stoly Wrote:  ... Ofcom research shows that only “one in three households with multichannel television has set up access controls (32%)"

Flawed like most Ofcom research. They assess how many people set up PIN control, and confuse that with the number who would want to if they knew how and were able. The National Statistical Service really should take them to task for this flawed rubbish.

Quote:its more likely that Bangabes have just simply missed payments to SKY TV for EPG rental space and the channels have just probably been removed temporarily until the payments have been received

Entirely believable but isnt Bangbabes owned by Playboy now? And if I was running Skys revenue collection team I wouldn't wait till the last minute, wait until money was overdue, then pull the plug on a Friday after the banks had closed for the weekend. If the due date was Friday Id be sending out chasers from Monday. If I didnt start the process until Friday Id be asking for promises the money would be in the bank by 10am Monday or else. To actually pull the plug suggests serious foul up by one or both sides, say 2 weeks overdue and still not actually got the accountant to cough up (Im saying this having been months overdue on stuff at work with good reason).

Or Sky want to make an example.

* "Bang Babes is a programme on the adult sex chat television service Tease Me TV 2. Tease Me TV 2 is broadcast under a licence held by Playboy TV UK/Benelux Limited (“Playboy” or “the Licensee”). Playboy therefore has compliance responsibility for all programmes broadcast on that service, including Bang Babes" ~ Broadcast Bulletin 164 on 23 Aug. Later Bulletins say owned by Bang but refer to earlier broadcasts. Might be genuine or just a typo.

Quote:We need a petition from this forum along with a charming letter, with all 43000 members signatures sent to the minister in charge of media, to get this crap sorted out once and for all.

We need this but it wont happen. Barely 100 people signed my Ofcom-Off post on the Governments Freedom website, despite that being a direct line to Government, anonymous, and posted on 3 popular vocal forums.

Gone fishing
21-11-2010 00:22
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

(21-11-2010 00:05 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Although it appears that ofcom have had nothing to do with the current problems at Bangbabes, back in the summer when they were slapped with that massive fine of £175,000 I wonder if that coupled with having to continue with the rent money to Sky that it has financially crippled them and so in many ways if it wasn't for that earlier fine would they now be in the hellish position they now find themselves in and if so can they mount a legal challenge to ofcom and demand that the fine they received back then be rescinded and order ofcom to pay Bangbabes back every last penny because right now ofcom will be looking down with a smug feeling of satisfaction at the current demise unfolding. The bastards should be held accountable for what was earlier on in the year nothing short of a fucking robbery.

I think your guess is right. 170,000 pounds could be enough to cause them to downsize, so the people at Offcom who fined them are feeling happy right now.

I understand fining a channel if they don't comply with the rules of the regulator, and I'm for that, but in this case, it's just so ridiculous! Fining a channel that much money for showing sexual content on an adult channel, after the watershed???? Umm, OK. Also, if Offcom wants any respect at all, then the people there should write out a specific guideline for the channels to abide by. They haven't done this, and instead they'd rather be mysterious about what's acceptable (To them), and would rather make up excuses as to why a channel was in breach. They also like to speak for us, which is a bit rude. Vaginas are apparently offensive and horrible, according to Offcom's rules, however, I've yet again seen more explicit content on the regular channels tonight. Last night a show was documenting the Ozarks lake district in Missouri, and there were uncensored shots of anuses, vaginas and penises. They should know that I found much of that to be arousing! Funny how that stuff isn't allowed on a channel that's actually put there to arouse people Rolleyes
21-11-2010 00:38
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Ofcoms problem is they don't think these channels should be allowed to get you aroused, so then why else would you watch a sexline channel then because its certainly not for the plot that's for sure. Ofcom would on one hand love to axe all of the babe channels but on the other hand they equally need them because its only way these bastards make any money is getting rich quick off easy targets. Ofcom should be booted out of office, they are as fucking corrupt as they come, nothing in this democratic country should be subject to censorship I even oppose the watershed rule. All censorship and watersheds should be abolished.
21-11-2010 01:55
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

(21-11-2010 01:55 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Ofcoms problem is they don't think these channels should be allowed to get you aroused, so then why else would you watch a sexline channel then because its certainly not for the plot that's for sure. Ofcom would on one hand love to axe all of the babe channels but on the other hand they equally need them because its only way these bastards make any money is getting rich quick off easy targets. Ofcom should be booted out of office, they are as fucking corrupt as they come, nothing in this democratic country should be subject to censorship I even oppose the watershed rule. All censorship and watersheds should be abolished.

See the thread title
General complaints about ofcom should be posted in one of the other threads in this section.
21-11-2010 09:16
davyboysmith Offline
Senior Poster

maybe bang didn't pay the fine and thats why the channel has been cut ?
21-11-2010 11:58