Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Serious Ofcom warning for Bang Media

Cobblers Offline
Junior Poster

RE: Serious Ofcom warning for Bang Media
I haven't actually had time to read it all yet, such is the lengthy attention Bang Babes have received in this particular Bulletin, but what I've skimmed appears to much be the same old same old - one complainant and going beyond the generally expected standards of the audience. I'm tired of this rubbish. If it so heinously went beyond the generally expected standards of the audience, then why only one complaint (which presumably came from somone at the rival channels anyway)?

There are some new elements in this one as to the supposedly R18 nature of the lollipop incident and the failure to provide a rather hefty chunk of off-air recordings, but nonetheless, my goat is sufficiently up that I *will* write a rational, non-hysterical letter to Ofcom this week asking them to justify the generally accepted standards of the audience guff and the continuing prohibition of material which is neither illegal nor demonstrably harmful.

PS Does anyone else find the way Ofcom seem to revel in talking about skimpy black thongs and anal detail to be just a wee bit lascivious, in the manner of a sleazy News of the World article exposing some scandal that no-one but the person writing it finds particularly shocking??
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2010 17:07 by Cobblers.)
08-03-2010 17:03
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

Quote from PDF file
................................................................​............
Bang Babes, Tease Me, 25 November 2009, 00:00 - 05.30

With regard to Rule 1.25, Bang Channels did not accept that the broadcast contained
R18-rated equivalent material. However, it accepted that the material which included
the insertion of a lollypop into the presenter’s vagina may have exceeded viewer
expectations for a channel of this nature. The Licensee continued that the channel’s
internal compliance guidelines were ignored and this resulted in the transmission of
content that was not suitable for broadcast. It said that the broadcast was a live
transmission and that appropriate action was not taken to suspend the transmission.
It stated that it has now terminated the contract of the producer who was in charge of the transmission.
Bang Channels also stated that the presenters in this broadcast
were suspended and returned to work a month later
having undergone further
compliance training. The broadcaster highlighted that these steps were taken before
any complaint was made about the broadcast.

................................................................​....

It looks like they did not get away with the lollypop incident after all.
So they are now guilty. Wonder what the sentence will be?

The info I have coloured in red is not true. Amanda and Jemma still continued to appear regularly on the show after the incident.

Since no further harm can now be done, perhaps the lollypop vid should now be reposted on the forum for the benefit of those that missed it.
I have seen it already.
08-03-2010 17:38
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(08-03-2010 14:15 )Cobblers Wrote:  New Bulletin out today - another hammering for Bang Babes:

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv/obb/prog_cb/o...sue153.pdf

I already flagged this at about 12:30 in the Ofcom Fit for Purpose thread.
08-03-2010 18:04
Kenilo Offline
Master Poster

Did anyone cap any of this stuff because I did'nt see it
08-03-2010 19:59
H-H Offline
Junior Poster

(08-03-2010 19:59 )Kenilo Wrote:  Did anyone cap any of this stuff because I did'nt see it
Why not ask Ofcom to supply it under the Freedom of Information Act?

I love Muffin, Muffin-the-Mule.
08-03-2010 23:57
IanG Offline
Senior Poster

Bang Media should take note of our viewer survey. About half the viewers feel this type of material only just meets their expectations. Indeed, pussy flashes, pussy licking and lollipop insertions are likely the kind of thing which, I for one, take as a rare occasion when the material meets my expectations (and no doubt so did all the other viewers that answered the same way).

Ofcom clearly seem to have set their supposed 'generally accepted standards' way below the threshold almost 60-70% of viewers would have set it. Exactly why Ofcom believe British TV should pamper to the whims of a minority of immature cretins simply beggars belief. Why Bang Babes think their output exceeds the expectations of their viewers simply beggars belief. Why they sacked the only producer to deliver material people still haven't stopped talking about or wishing to view again simply beggars belief.

A new dittie: The Buggers 2010 (Ofwatch slight return) http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...#pid556229
09-03-2010 18:06
Big Boobies Offline
Posting Machine

(09-03-2010 18:06 )IanG Wrote:  Ofcom clearly seem to have set their supposed 'generally accepted standards' way below the threshold almost 60-70% of viewers would have set it. Exactly why Ofcom believe British TV should pamper to the whims of a minority of immature cretins simply beggars belief. Why Bang Babes think their output exceeds the expectations of their viewers simply beggars belief. Why they sacked the only producer to deliver material people still haven't stopped talking about or wishing to view again simply beggars belief.

The annoying thing that I think is that BB,BS etc are "adult" shows but on any given night you could probably see "more" on a "normal" channel if they were showing many feature films from only a few years ago! These often feature full frontal nudity;male sometimes as well as female! Is that fair or not! Double standards!!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2010 19:12 by Big Boobies.)
09-03-2010 19:12
Kenilo Offline
Master Poster

I dont believe OFCOM are acting on one complaint. I think they are making the complaints up themselves. Are you telling me a judge could uphold an action against one of the stations if it was challenged on the basis that OFCOM didnt see the incident live themselves but someone said they saw a half second flash of a bit of a pussy. Even though it was after the watershed time. There is nothing on view on the daytime shows that you wont see in a park or on the beach on any given sunny day. The night time shows are not exactly Hard Core. You would see more in most night clubs ( the programme UK Uncovered is proof of that) than you do on the night shows. There are more tits on show in the background on A Place In The Sun and as for fashion TV I mean come On someone has to get real
09-03-2010 19:30
MARCCE Offline
Senior Poster

They're still on about this exceeding viewer's expectations rubbish I see. As a regular viewer of these channels, by uttering those words in so many of their adjudications, Ofcom has taken it upon itself to speak on my behalf and quite honestly I take exception to that.

However, in the interests of fairness I had a quick wander onto the Ofcom site to see who exactly is speaking on my behalf. It's the contents board who are responsible for this area I believe. Amongst them you'll find a number of people who have been prominent members of various media and television outlets. They have amongst them various directorships, there's a principal of an Oxford college and people who are members of various panels.

And as I looked down the list, I thought where's my voice amongst them because I very much doubt whether I would have more than a dozen interests in common with the whole lot of them put together.

So I suggest that until Ofcom find some way of canvassing the views of regular viewers of these shows, something they quite clearly have never looked to do, then they stop speaking on behalf of you, me and every other regular viewer of these shows with this exceeding expectations claptrap and find some other equally spurious stick to attempt to beat these channels with.
09-03-2010 20:00
blackjaques Offline
Senior Poster

(09-03-2010 19:30 )Kenilo Wrote:  I dont believe OFCOM are acting on one complaint. I think they are making the complaints up themselves. Are you telling me a judge could uphold an action against one of the stations if it was challenged on the basis that OFCOM didnt see the incident live themselves but someone said they saw a half second flash of a bit of a pussy. Even though it was after the watershed time. There is nothing on view on the daytime shows that you wont see in a park or on the beach on any given sunny day. The night time shows are not exactly Hard Core. You would see more in most night clubs ( the programme UK Uncovered is proof of that) than you do on the night shows. There are more tits on show in the background on A Place In The Sun and as for fashion TV I mean come On someone has to get real
I am convinced that there are professional message board stalkers, sympathetic to the aims of Mediawatch, who regularly trawl message boards for "info" & then inform Ofcom of the breaches.
After all, all the details are there; dates, times, channels etc.
In reality they'd only have to check probably 3 sites; here, BGAFD & Melonfarmers.
Couple this with the infantile behaviour of a rival channel & Ofcom have all the evidence they need to go off on another crusade.
I rest easy in my bed knowing how safe Ofcom is making this country!!
10-03-2010 06:36