Thread Rating:
  • 45 Vote(s) - 2.84 Average

Studio 66 on Freeview

kaelene Offline
Banned

RE: Elite on freeview
Have they changes the name on freeview ch192 yet?
20-04-2011 14:40
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paigetylerfan Offline
Closed By Request

(20-04-2011 14:40 )kaelene Wrote:  Have they changes the name on freeview ch192 yet?

Nope and they dont need to.

As there using the TV X license the content is the same i.e. babeshows ofcom wont give too hoots. So the name is unlikely to be altered on the EPG although it will now show elite tv programming on the channel

Just started on freeview. Picture quality is not as good as on satellite.

Very first babe on freeview is Dionne Daniels
(This post was last modified: 21-04-2011 01:06 by paigetylerfan.)
21-04-2011 01:03
Dan Volatile Offline
1956 Jubilee Butterfly

The picture seems even worse than TVX although Dionne's fishnet leotard isn't helping matters.

21-04-2011 01:06
paigetylerfan Offline
Closed By Request

(21-04-2011 01:06 )Dan Volatile Wrote:  The picture seems even worse than TVX although Dionne's fishnet leotard isn't helping matters.

Agreed. Been on MUX A don't help matters they have the second worst bit rate allocation for channels on freeview behind MUX D
(This post was last modified: 21-04-2011 01:18 by paigetylerfan.)
21-04-2011 01:17
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

Everyone else get the stuttering sound like TVX had?

Showing my age, but years ago there was a comedian did an act where he did a 'broken mic' thing, Dionne did a cracking impression in her intro Big Grin
Strangely, the music comes and goes, it seems OK for a while, then seems to stutter for a bit. Almost like a dodgy net connection having difficulty buffering Smile Which reminds me, think I'll stick to the web stream if that is the quality they are putting out, hardly seems worth it. I guess it worked OK for TVX as they were only charging 50p a minute or something similar for the calls, budget calls, budget picture, but Elite are charging full whack, so really need to up the ante.

munch

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
21-04-2011 01:18
Chilly Away
Posting Machine

For what it's worth, they're also showing Dionne on channel 920 on Sky, and the picture quality is also truly shite!
(This post was last modified: 21-04-2011 01:22 by Chilly.)
21-04-2011 01:20
paigetylerfan Offline
Closed By Request

Unfortunately they can only work with the bit rate that has been allocated to them via channel5/SDN who own the slot and multiplex respectively.

Where TVX come into the slot ownership is channel5/tv x are owned by the same person. Officially the slot on the MUX belongs to 5 and the license is TV X one

I am having no issues with sound though. Its just the bloody picture thats bad.

(21-04-2011 01:20 )Chilly Wrote:  For what it's worth, they're also showing Dionne on channel 920 on Sky, and the picture quality is also truly shite!

Freeview they have an excuse as the MUX is pretty full at the minute. But satellite there is no excuse.

Its utter bullshit. Do they think people will pay to call the birds when there watching a shit picture.
(This post was last modified: 21-04-2011 01:22 by paigetylerfan.)
21-04-2011 01:21
NHawk Offline
Senior Poster

The BS channels didn't have the picture quality they currently have when they started on freeview, and it is just Elite's first night. So hopefully things will improve in the days/weeks to come. Presumably there are things they can tweak and it could be certain better quality equipment isn't in place yet.

Wishful thinking? Big Grin

As it is now the picture quality will completely fall apart with more complex sets/outfits or when one of the more 'animated' girls is on.
21-04-2011 01:32
Enzo Rico Offline
Loving The Ladies

Regardless of picture quality, it's that noise they think is music in the Background! I know none of these channels really have the best soundtracks but it doesn't have to be this experimental. Sounds like someone is kicking the shit out of R2D2 currently.

And I Jizz In My Pants.
21-04-2011 01:36
Dan Volatile Offline
1956 Jubilee Butterfly

(21-04-2011 01:18 )munch1917 Wrote:  Everyone else get the stuttering sound like TVX had?

Showing my age, but years ago there was a comedian did an act where he did a 'broken mic' thing, Dionne did a cracking impression in her intro Big Grin
Strangely, the music comes and goes, it seems OK for a while, then seems to stutter for a bit. Almost like a dodgy net connection having difficulty buffering Smile Which reminds me, think I'll stick to the web stream if that is the quality they are putting out, hardly seems worth it. I guess it worked OK for TVX as they were only charging 50p a minute or something similar for the calls, budget calls, budget picture, but Elite are charging full whack, so really need to up the ante.

munch

TVX charged thirty bob a minute for their freeview number.

Dionne gave Babestation a shoutout when she came on. I bet that wasn't in the script her boss gave her!

Incidentally Norman Collier was the Dionne Daniels soundalike. I think he looks a bit like her as well.

21-04-2011 01:41