Click here to watch Studio 66

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 2.65 Average

Please read - Avoid duplicate pictures

TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

Please read - Avoid duplicate pictures
When replying to a post that has pictures embedded in it, it is best not to copy the pictures into your post. This results in duplicate pictures in the thread which is unnecessary and slows browsing down. Just delete all the picture code between the quote labels but leave any text comment as a reference.
You can always preview before posting to check edits are correct.
This obviously also applies to any embedded videos.

EDIT: Most of you already do this but some people don't.
(This post was last modified: 16-12-2008 16:55 by TheWatcher.)
16-12-2008 16:51
Find all posts by this user
jungleboy Offline
mocfo era tihs

RE: Please read - Avoid duplicate pictures
good point mate. will do so in the future. Smile

"Insert funny comment here"
16-12-2008 17:07
ǝʌɐʍǝpɐןq Away
Gramaticul Jeanious

It helps just to put a "*" in the image code, such as [img]Image goes here[/*img].

GAME OVER YEEEEAAAAAAAH!
26-06-2009 18:38
clarkson Offline
Junior Poster

TheWatcher Wrote:When replying to a post that has pictures embedded in it, it is best not to copy the pictures into your post. This results in duplicate pictures in the thread which is unnecessary and slows browsing down. Just delete all the picture code between the quote labels but leave any text comment as a reference.

Please dont take this the wrong way but WTF is that all about, i admit i am a real Dinosaur when it comes to computing, but i know i am not alone.....just posted a reply on Adeles page and tried what you said........but......but........ but.......oh well....accept that some people dont know better......smart ass....
27-06-2009 17:24
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

clarkson Wrote:
TheWatcher Wrote:When replying to a post that has pictures embedded in it, it is best not to copy the pictures into your post. This results in duplicate pictures in the thread which is unnecessary and slows browsing down. Just delete all the picture code between the quote labels but leave any text comment as a reference.

Please dont take this the wrong way but WTF is that all about, i admit i am a real Dinosaur when it comes to computing, but i know i am not alone.....just posted a reply on Adeles page and tried what you said........but......but........ but.......oh well....accept that some people dont know better......smart ass....

Below is a screenshot of the "post new reply screen", containing some image code (which I nicked borrowed from one of Bunna's posts somewhere else on the forum), which I have circled clumsily daubed around for clarity's sake.

[Image: x0rzmt.jpg]

Also included is the image itself, 'cos it's a cool image and well worth a re-post.Big Grin

[Image: predator.jpg]

A good rule of thumb is that when you're replying to a specific post and see the quoted text above where you type your reply, delete anything which falls between these two tags [img] & [/img*] and of course, the tags themselves. It only takes a second to do and can greatly increase the loading speed of a page, particularly for those with slow machines and/or slow connection speeds.Smile

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
27-06-2009 21:26
Charlemagne Offline

I'm seeing more posts which are including duplication.
So I thought that I'd reopen this thread which explains how you should post if you want to include previously posted pics, caps and vids.

If I want to reply to the previous post/s I alway use the ^

Or just reply to the post and remove the image details and replace with a [snip]

18-07-2021 09:46
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Studio 66