Poll: Do you think Ofcom are victimising Bangmedia?
Yes
No
Not sure
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 23 Vote(s) - 2.91 Average

Are Bangmedia being victimised by Ofcom?

amandasnumerounofan Offline
Massive Amanda Fan

Are Bangmedia being victimised by Ofcom?
Just thought of doing a poll for Bangmedia to use for evidence against Ofcom.

Amanda is the Goddess of the babechannels.
24-05-2010 20:56
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

RE: Are Bangmedia being victimised by Ofcom?
without a doubt its obvious to see and this fine is really quite serious and needs to be challenged, its daylight robbery, its a fuckin disgrace. I hope all at ofcom die in a blazing inferno.
24-05-2010 20:59
Digital Dave Away
Retired

(24-05-2010 20:56 )amandasnumerounofan Wrote:  Just thought of doing a poll for Bangmedia to use for evidence against Ofcom.

I don't know whether Ofcom can be accused of victimisation - they are duty bound to investigate complaints unless they can be proved to come from trouble makers.

Now it's obvious that someone is victimising Bang Media and I'd bet my house that it's a rival channel, but unless that can be proven then Ofcom have to do their 'duty'. That doesn't mean that they should uphold every complaint (or even any of them) but sadly the temptation of easy pickings in the 900s is too much to resist.

This looks to me like a concerted effort by a rival channel to serious hurt Bang Media, it's a dirty business all right.
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2010 21:11 by Digital Dave.)
24-05-2010 21:06
arron88 Offline
Junior Poster

(24-05-2010 20:59 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  without a doubt its obvious to see and this fine is really quite serious and needs to be challenged, its daylight robbery, its a fuckin disgrace.

They are not being victimised if they were in breach of the code.

Well you should be so lucky cos there are regulators that fine you £100 for every day you blatantly stall for time, or obviously don't co-operate with code breach investigations.

Can't you stop the Ofcom hating?
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2010 21:15 by arron88.)
24-05-2010 21:13
amandasnumerounofan Offline
Massive Amanda Fan

The point I am trying to get at is that judging by what can be seen on other channels (not just the babechannels), Bangmedia are being costantly fined for doing nothing more than showing content suitable for its audience. Hence why it's located in the adult section on Sky.

Amanda is the Goddess of the babechannels.
24-05-2010 21:30
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

(24-05-2010 21:13 )arron88 Wrote:  
(24-05-2010 20:59 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  without a doubt its obvious to see and this fine is really quite serious and needs to be challenged, its daylight robbery, its a fuckin disgrace.

Well you should be so lucky cos there are regulators that fine you £100 for every day you blatantly stall for time, or obviously don't co-operate with code breach investigations.

Arran you have to ask yourselve seriously why are you even on this forum, you're so-called views so far have been a fuckin joke and I'm guessing that you're the numbskull that voted for no. We all hate ofcom, once again fuck ofcom.
24-05-2010 21:35
belfrylover Offline
Senior Poster

(24-05-2010 21:35 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  
(24-05-2010 21:13 )arron88 Wrote:  

Arran you have to ask yourselve seriously why are you even on this forum, you're so-called views so far have been a fuckin joke and I'm guessing that you're the numbskull that voted for no. We all hate ofcom, once again fuck ofcom.

Nice to see reasoned argument in this thread. Arron is entitled to his opinion and abuse is always shite.
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2010 21:42 by belfrylover.)
24-05-2010 21:38
arron88 Offline
Junior Poster

I am approaching this from a rational perspective..

Scottishbloke:- What do you hope to achieve by 'getting rid of ofcom'?
24-05-2010 21:41
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

(24-05-2010 21:41 )arron88 Wrote:  I am approaching this from a rational perspective..

Scottishbloke:- What do you hope to achieve by 'getting rid of ofcom'?

Interesting question why don't you ask bangbabes media (remember the ones with all the fines) and I'm pretty sure they'll give you plenty of reasons !!!!!!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2010 21:48 by Scottishbloke.)
24-05-2010 21:47
arron88 Offline
Junior Poster

(24-05-2010 21:47 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Interesting question why don't you ask bangbabes media (remember the ones with all the fines) and I'm pretty sure they'll give you plenty of reasons !!!!!!!!!!

It would probably cost broadcasters more if they didn't exist.
24-05-2010 22:01