gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Formatting on main pages in Opera

Digital Dave Away
Retired

Formatting on main pages in Opera
A weird thing had occurred today to the main pages when viewing them in Opera - the text has become centred, with the title of each forum way over to the right. It all looks a mess. However, in other browsers it still seems ok!

I know that Opera recently upgraded to a new version, so maybe the glitch is related to that? It's not a huge deal as Opera is not that popular, but it intrigues me nevertheless. Anyone else using Opera?
04-07-2010 23:01
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrwotzup Offline
...---...

RE: Formatting on main pages in Opera
I'm using IE and a similar thing has happened. For me the headings in the Forum Column are centred as are the Board Stats etc at the bottom of the Page. Every thing else on the 'Home' page and inside pages appear unchanged.
Have to say I quite like the layout
04-07-2010 23:18
Digital Dave Away
Retired

Ah, I haven't checked IE.

here's a screenshot of what it looks like in Opera:

[img][Image: screenshot_01_opera.jpg][/img]
05-07-2010 00:42
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

It all looks just the same as normal to me with left side formatting everywhere.
Using the latest version of Firefox v3.6.6, updated a couple of days ago.
05-07-2010 09:58
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

I use Firefox, IE, and Google Chrome, and they are left aligned format to me. It seems Opera some how sets it's default alignment to center. I would check your settings, to see if you can alter this in any way.

I would be curious to know if it does this with other forums, or is it just this one.

Because it maybe that the HTML code for the table has not had it's alignment set to left aligned. Some programmers neglect to include this, because they assume all browsers default to left alignment when it's not there.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2010 12:20 by aceman65.)
05-07-2010 12:08
mrwotzup Offline
...---...

(05-07-2010 00:42 )Digital Dave Wrote:  Ah, I haven't checked IE.

here's a screenshot of what it looks like in Opera:
Image removed

That's what I see (on IE). I hadn't changed any settings etc,I did blame the strong lager I was drinking intially.

Hey I dont mind really.I quite like the 'look' and the inside Pages are unchanged. Just one of life's many mysteries I guess Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2010 15:08 by mrwotzup.)
05-07-2010 12:46
Digital Dave Away
Retired

(05-07-2010 12:08 )aceman65 Wrote:  I use Firefox, IE, and Google Chrome, and they are left aligned format to me. It seems Opera some how sets it's default alignment to center. I would check your settings, to see if you can alter this in any way.

I would be curious to know if it does this with other forums, or is it just this one.

Because it maybe that the HTML code for the table has not had it's alignment set to left aligned. Some programmers neglect to include this, because they assume all browsers default to left alignment when it's not there.

I think you're right about that. I was talking to someone who does his own websites and he said that Opera was as touchy as IE in that regard - both browsers need the alignment of each paragraph clearly defined, otherwise the text tends to go to the centre, rather than to the left.

Opera is mainly ok but my colleague showed me one of his websites where the text is unintentionally centred in both Opera and IE, the reason being that the tag was not present at the start of every paragraph.
05-07-2010 21:27
Matsui Offline
Senior Poster

Using IE8 and it centered as well.

Matsui's Favourite Babe Show Beauties, Past and Present
Tiffany Chambers | Kandi Kay | Jada | Tori Lee | Georgie Darby | Lolly Badcock | Charlene Hart | Olivia Berzinc | Caty Cole | Madison Rose | Jess West | Kimberley Jones
05-07-2010 21:43
mrwotzup Offline
...---...

This is weird !!! It's now left aligned,back to how it was originally Surprised Prehaps I've sobered up Tongue Doesnt really worry me either way.
06-07-2010 00:03
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

(06-07-2010 00:03 )mrwotzup Wrote:  This is weird !!! It's now left aligned,back to how it was originally Surprised Prehaps I've sobered up Tongue Doesnt really worry me either way.

TheWatcher brought this thread to the attention of the forum admin, who rectified a discrepancy in the forum coding which was causing the text to be centered.

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
06-07-2010 00:24

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles