Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dirty Talk

admin. Offline
Administrator

RE: Dirty Talk
Don't forget what the babe channels broadcast is technically all advertising (for their phone services), not what's known as editorial content, and I think that makes a difference. I think the rules governing advertising are stricter than for editorial content. (rule 2.3 of Ofcom's broadcasting code says that material which may cause offence must be justified by context - this is hard to do with material that is classed as advertising).
02-01-2009 18:17
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ozy3 Offline
Junior Poster

tmfkamr-gummidge Wrote:It might well be a bit of both to be honest. While there is certainly a little bit of the channels wanting to retain an element of mystery, I think it all boils down to Ofcom. I remeber one of the channels (might have been Babestar - now defunct) getting fined heavily, seemingly for the girls talking filth on the mic. A while ago I clearly remember Flo encouraging people to call in using phrases like "I bet you'd love to stick your cock up her tight, wet c u nt". This was frowned upon by the powers that be. For some reason it's o.k. for women to shake their bits and pieces on camera, swearing however is a no-no. A couple of weeks ago Alex Adams accidentally let out a rude word on 910 and immediately had to apologise in case anyone was offended. Seems like typical British, middle class schizophrenia about sex and politeness on Ofcom's part to be honest.

"A girl wants to simulate fellatio on her fingers, you say? Why of course, we're subject to EU rules on broadcasting now."..."What's that? She said a rude word entirlely in context to the broadcasting remit and content and after the nine o'clock watershed to boot? FINE THEM!! SHUT THEM DOWN!!"

All a bit daft and prudish if you ask me, but that seems to be the standard the channels are expected to broadcast to.

I concur, Summer of babestation swearing live on the mic last week, followed by an almost comical apology.

http://www.realmadrid.com/?d=LHFKU818

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-01-2009 18:34
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

Quote:Don't forget what the babe channels broadcast is technically all advertising (for their phone services), not what's known as editorial content, and I think that makes a difference. I think the rules governing advertising are stricter than for editorial content. (rule 2.3 of Ofcom's broadcasting code says that material which may cause offence must be justified by context - this is hard to do with material that is classed as advertising).

Which is the confusing part to my mind. If the girls persist in using euphemistic phrases like "Tommy Tank" and "Clock" to describe things which are perfectly in context to the services they offer, broadcast post-watershed and positioned in an area of the EPG that is unlikely to be found by accident while channel surfing, it seems that Ofcom are being particularly draconian with the babe channels. Considering that the shows are broadcast live (some of the girls have racked up thousands of hours of live broadcast experience) it sometimes seems that Ofcom are being inflexible with the broadcasters, hamstringing them by placing them under much stricter regulations than are really necessary.

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
02-01-2009 18:45
*Kal-El* Away
Superman

Totally agree with you tmfkamr-gummidge, couldn't have put it better myself. Smile

"No Clark I know Everything About You, I Didn’t Just Borrow Your DNA, I Have All Your Memories All Your Thoughts......Every Last Twisted One of Them”.
02-01-2009 18:53
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

I just believe in even handedness and fair treatment for all. I think it's very unfair to stop a service provider from demonstrating what their service offers. It's all well and good for you and I and I imagine the others on this forum who can see the girls, gyrating and doing their thing. What about blind people? They have needs too, yet are unable to get a real idea of what they could expect over the phone, based on the what the girls can say on the mic., the same thing also applies to anyone who's new to the babe channel phenemonon and is unable to remember the glory days of two or three years ago. Without making an expensive call first they would have no idea of what to realistically expect during a one-to-one conversation.

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2009 19:29 by Mister Gummidge.)
02-01-2009 19:16
Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

It must be something to do with the type of content they're showing as you can show tits on a regular programme after 9pm but the girls have to wait until 10pm for some reason. Seems there's an entirely different set of rules for these channels that centre around them advertising premium rate sex lines.
03-01-2009 00:17