Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 2.73 Average

Well...

Red Offline
Knight Errant?

Well...
...let us just see how popular this makes me. Hey love me or hate me I don't mind as I've never been a sit on the fence person and don't even attempt to please everyone Tongue

Okay, to the subject in hand though, and this is going to be ironic as it is a post asking for posts to be stopped.

Can we please cut back on the threads on why you hate a certain members?

I'm not saying that I don't agree with some of the stuff that has been said but if you have a personal issue with a member then lets not air the laundry in public. Either use the PM system or if you find they aren't open to rational debate either add them to your ignore list or ask for the offending material/member to be removed.

It is all very well posting up hate threads but what is the point if the user has left, been banned, or just doesn't care? At the end of the day it just adds a negative underlying tone to the forum and one that may put guest users from signing up and contributing long after the offensive member has gone.

Perhaps if admin is lurking they should think carefully about removing any threads if the consensus agrees

Well people...?

I don't even know who I am so you'll forgive me if I ask 'Who the f**k do you think you are?!'
04-01-2009 23:43
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
A Spider Monkey Offline
7th Level Invisible Ninja

RE: Well...
Red Wrote:Can we please cut back on the threads on why you hate a certain members?

What threads have done this? have I totally missed something?

The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm bears

"a clunge like a burst bean bag"
05-01-2009 00:05
BelfastBadBoy Away
Posting Machine

Yeah are there threads we dont know about Red mate?
05-01-2009 00:12
jordo Offline
L.F.C

I think he is referring to the thread where surreysub has been slated.
05-01-2009 00:13
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

Is this the thread you were referring to?

http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2428

As if it is, I would have to defend this particular one's existance. Flame wars have erupted before, even on a board as generally friendly as this one, and I have always chosen to refrain from getting involved. If two members are having a personality clash, that has little or nothing to do with me.

However in the case of the thread I've highlighted, it wasn't just the fact of two people not getting along, it was the manner of the abuse involved. Whichever way you paint it, sectarianism is bigotry and has no place here or anywhere else. Abuse of that nature should be brought to light and exposed for what it is, making sure the person responsible for it knows exactly how unacceptable others find such behaviour.

The fact that the member on the receiving end of it is one of the most popular and respected members of our community, surely made the it all the more shocking to those who read it. I doubt there's anyone who's been here longer than a week or two who hasn't interacted with BelfastBadBoy and found him to be friendly, likeable and funny. The fact that even someone so well liked can be a victim of prejudice is something that shouldn't be ignored or swept under the carpet.

Is it a case of two people calling each other "T**T" or "C**T"? Then keep it under your hat, no-one needs to be reading that sort of thing, it's anti-social and quite frankly, boring. Is it someone bringing centuries of intolerance and hatred to the 'fore, then unleashing that bile and venom at another human being? That sort of dark, twistedness should always be dragged out into the light, where with luck it can wither away.

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
05-01-2009 00:20
BelfastBadBoy Away
Posting Machine

tmfkamr-gummidge Wrote:Is this the thread you were referring to?

http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2428

As if it is, I would have to defend this particular one's existance. Flame wars have erupted before, even on a board as generally friendly as this one, and I have always chosen to refrain from getting involved. If two members are having a personality clash, that has little or nothing to do with me.

However in the case of the thread I've highlighted, it wasn't just the fact of two people not getting along, it was the manner of the abuse involved. Whichever way you paint it, sectarianism is bigotry and has no place here or anywhere else. Abuse of that nature should be brought to light and exposed for what it is, making sure the person responsible for it knows exactly how unacceptable others find such behaviour.

The fact that the member on the receiving end of it is one of the most popular and respected members of our community, surely made the it all the more shocking to those who read it. I doubt there's anyone who's been here longer than a week or two who hasn't interacted with BelfastBadBoy and found him to be friendly, likeable and funny. The fact that even someone so well liked can be a victim of prejudice is something that shouldn't be ignored or swept under the carpet.

Is it a case of two people calling each other "T**T" or "C**T"? Then keep it under your hat, no-one needs to be reading that sort of thing, it's anti-social and quite frankly, boring. Is it someone bringing centuries of intolerance and hatred to the 'fore, then unleashing that bile and venom at another human being? That sort of dark, twistedness should always be dragged out into the light, where with luck it can wither away.

Cheque is in the post mate but i think he's on about attacks on the girls from the channels, didnt know you cared though group hug! lol
05-01-2009 00:23
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

With the opening statement being so vague, that's only thread currently anywhere near still alive that seems to fit the description. Maybe there's another one, with a more ambiguous title, that I've managed to miss.

(small bills, non sequential numbers please.Big Grin)

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
05-01-2009 00:30
BelfastBadBoy Away
Posting Machine

I say we ban Red for confusing us all so late at night lol
05-01-2009 00:32
jordo Offline
L.F.C

Come on then Red.... Enlighten us Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2009 00:40 by jordo.)
05-01-2009 00:40
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

TBH I like the confusion. Carefully thought out, vaguely ambiguous statements that give the impression of criticism, without actually going so far as to criticise. It stirs up debate, and I like nothing more than an exchange of balanced and honest opinions. I have been called a mass debater (at least, that's what it sounded likeTongue) on many ocasssions. I think for Red, a future in politics beckons... Big Grin

05-01-2009 00:40

Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS