Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Bang media licence revoked

allan1888 Offline
Apprentice Poster

Bang media licence revoked
Just been posted on the twitter update that bang media has had it's licences revoked by Ofcom ?
26-11-2010 11:22
Find all posts by this user
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Bang media license revoked ?
what twitter update !!

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
26-11-2010 11:28
allan1888 Offline
Apprentice Poster

Ofcom have a twitter page with updates on everything and it has just posted than bang media has had it's licences revoked
26-11-2010 11:31
teewee Offline
The future Mr Roberts

Becky Roberts has stolen my heart and will always have my undying love.

Fanboy of the Year 2017,2018.
26-11-2010 11:31
mikeboob Offline
Senior Poster

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binarie...cation.pdf

Prior to 1 September 2010, the material broadcast by the Licensees was subject to the Broadcasting Code, which includes the following specific provisions: . Licensees must therefore comply with the relevant Standards Code which applies to the material broadcast.

• Rule 1.17: “Material equivalent to the British Board of Film Classification ("BBFC") R18 rating must not be broadcast at any time.”

Of the 48 breaches of the Broadcasting Code:
• 1 related to material found to be in breach of Rule 1.17/7
---------------------------------------------------------------
What in the world was that?

So the House of No Fun strikes, the tone of the judgement is very sober, is their any opportunity for appeal?
The other channels will be both slightly worried and happy that a competitor has been canned. As for the girls and those who work behind the scenes, they have my sympathy.
26-11-2010 11:41
mikeboob Offline
Senior Poster

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2010/11/2...-channels/

Quote:Ofcom is to meet with all licensees that broadcast adult content after the regulator revoked the licences of four channels in the sector.

The revocation of licences held by Bang Channels Limited and Bang Media (London) Limited followed serious and repeated breaches of the Broadcasting Code. Tease Me; Tease Me TV and Tease Me 2 and 3 were all broadcast free-to-air and featured female presenters that encouraged viewers to call premium phone lines. Such channels are not permitted to promote adult chat services during the day and programming must be suited to a pre-watershed audience.
26-11-2010 12:08
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

surely will make no difference they can still broadcast just wont be allowed anywhere near the EPG mind you im no lawyer so dont know sure the lawyers amongst us will enlighten us

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
26-11-2010 12:45
stoly Offline
Banned

The revocation of licences held by Bang Channels Limited and Bang Media (London) Limited followed serious and repeated breaches of the Broadcasting Code. Tease Me; Tease Me TV and Tease Me 2 and 3 were all broadcast free-to-air and featured female presenters that encouraged viewers to call premium phone lines. Such channels are not permitted to promote adult chat services during the day and programming must be suited to a pre-watershed audience.

Tease Me, Tease Me 2 and Tease Me 3 were all receivable via Sky, while Tease Me TV was available on DTT.

The channels had also broadcast content so strong that it would be considered equivalent to BBFC R18 rated material. Such material is not permitted on British TV – either free-to-air or under encryption

Did I miss something here. Did a camera person break out their cock and physically shaft a babe on air, (No), did someone perhaps breakout a dildo, (NO), did someone possibly flash a bit of gash, Maybe, doubtful though on day time tv.
So what was the offence on day time tele ?
26-11-2010 12:52
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

^^^ I think it has something to do with the nipple cover things and them not been aloud on daytimes
26-11-2010 13:10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
stoly Offline
Banned

(26-11-2010 13:10 )gazfc Wrote:  ^^^ I think it has something to do with the nipple cover things and them not been aloud on daytimes

Fair point, but it doesn't live up to. ( The channels had broadcast content so strong that it would be considered equivalent to BBFC R18 rated material. )
26-11-2010 13:18
Thread Closed