Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Bang media licence revoked

StanTheMan Offline
Banned

RE: Bang media license revoked ?
(26-11-2010 15:31 )TDK2008 Wrote:  Here's the report from the BBC website:

Quote:"We simply will not tolerate serious and repeated breaches of the Code and have therefore decided to revoke these licences," said Ofcom's director of standards, Chris Banatvala.

The regulator said it now plans to meet all licensees that broadcast adult content to ensure they are "quite clear how seriously Ofcom takes its duties in relation to the protection of television audiences and in particular children".

Those are the two most worrying lines from that report. I'll be surprised if the other channels will have the guts to allow their girls to even get their tits out now bladewave
26-11-2010 19:40
Find all posts by this user
Jay39 Offline
Senior Poster

(26-11-2010 19:01 )Digital Dave Wrote:  
(26-11-2010 18:37 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(26-11-2010 18:17 )SCIROCCO Wrote:  Still on air as I type this......oh how good it would be if they went for it on the last night, as a massive 2 fingers (inserted) to Ofcom. Let there be an evening of Babestar type entertainment...

That's a good point. When I left the flat earlier I set 954 and 967 to record from 21:00 onwards. In light of this news, I think I shall be popping home to set 902 to record instead Smile

Stan don't get your hopes up! 902 is leased from Playboy, who are the licensees. If Bang went mad Ofcom would go after Playboy, not Bang Media.

I'm sure Playboy would take a very dim view of Bang getting them into trouble and incurring fines and would probably sue them into oblivion, so I'm sure Bang will play it safe.

Wishful thinking, but come 9pm will there be anything broadcast on 902 or 915 as Bang are no longer permitted to broadcast any material, so unless they change their name on screen they are open to criminal prosecution through some silly broadcast regulation. I don't know the in's and out's of the legal wrangle but will Playboy not get a slap for allowing them to broadcast through their license!!!
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2010 19:54 by Jay39.)
26-11-2010 19:52
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

I feel sorry for them as they were the only broadcaster that showed the film showing parents etc how to block underage viewers from accessing their channels either by putting a parental block on material intended for viewers 18 and over, or by taking their channels off so they did not appear on their Sky EPG!!

Sadly it seems they have paid for the laziness of parents in not viewing the video and therefore not taking proactive steps to prevent their children from watching these shows or from blocking their channels from being accessible to be viewed by same!
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2010 20:13 by mikedafc.)
26-11-2010 20:13
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(26-11-2010 20:13 )mikedafc Wrote:  I feel sorry for them as they were the only broadcaster that showed the film showing parents etc how to block underage viewers from accessing their channels either by putting a parental block on material intended for viewers 18 and over, or by taking their channels off so they did not appear on their Sky EPG!!

It's an absolute fucking travesty, it really is! Bang Media have been singled out by Ofcom time after time after time. I hope they take the fuckers to court and expose their illegal behaviour to everyone.

Very soon the whole range of 900-channels will be catering only for these weirdos that like to call in and talk about the weather and holiday destinations.
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2010 20:20 by StanTheMan.)
26-11-2010 20:16
blackjaques Offline
Senior Poster

(26-11-2010 20:13 )mikedafc Wrote:  I feel sorry for them as they were the only broadcaster that showed the film showing parents etc how to block underage viewers from accessing their channels either by putting a parental block on material intended for viewers 18 and over, or by taking their channels off so they did not appear on their Sky EPG!!

Sadly it seems they have paid for the laziness of parents in not viewing the video and therefore not taking proactive steps to prevent their children from watching these shows or from blocking their channels from being accessible to be viewed by same!

The "child protection" issue is a total red herring. Ofcon do not want any sex channels on UK tv but are forced to accept them. They have done and will continue to restrict channels which seek to excite the UK male.
Forgot it, guys, we are not going to be treated as adults in the UK. It's not British, you know, to see naked bodies on tv. That's for filthy foreigners.
26-11-2010 20:35
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

(26-11-2010 20:16 )StanTheMan Wrote:  

It's an absolute fucking travesty, it really is! Bang Media have been singled out by Ofcom time after time after time. I hope they take the fuckers to court and expose their illegal behaviour to everyone.

Very soon the whole range of 900-channels will be catering only for these weirdos that like to call in and talk about the weather and holiday destinations.

What singled out 60 times? Bang kept giving them reasons to fine/warn them, if they toned it down a bit ofcom would of left them alone.

They know what can be shown and what cant and some of the stuff that is shown on daytimes is totally unacceptable and ofcom was left with no alternative and had to act.
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2010 21:09 by gazfc.)
26-11-2010 20:41
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
stoly Offline
Banned

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBANG BABES THE PAD/EARLYBIRD NEED TO STAY.LETS RIOT ON OFCOM

I'll supply the gasoline, anyone want to blow torch the fuckers Big Grin
26-11-2010 21:01
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

Gasoline? Are we American? Wink
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2010 21:05 by gazfc.)
26-11-2010 21:05
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
jdizzle Offline
Master Poster

donna duke is on right now.....so wtf is actually going on????
26-11-2010 21:07
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

The R18 was probably lollypopgate. A 2 second one-off more than a year ago.

Gone fishing
26-11-2010 21:08
Thread Closed