babestation harem

Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

The Chat Stays

tvbabelover Offline
Senior Poster

The Chat Stays
Good news everyone Hayley just posted on her twitter page that from the 10th jan the chat WON'T be closing!!!!! It will however only be airing from 4-9 but hey that's better than nothing!
However I'm not a maths man but isn't there 14-16 presenters?
Not enough shifts for them to so more than one a week Sad unless Bambi fires some?
For me I'd love to see

Bambi
Layla
Hayley
Charlie
Sophie

Stay think they are the beat girls. Maybe Jo as well at a push.
Great news though Smile

Ps hails twitter is

http://www.twitter.com/hayley_allen
Encase u want to see it said directly from a chat presenter instead of a fan Smile
20-12-2010 18:32
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

RE: The Chat Stays
There are 6-7 full time girls who will probably get 2 shifts each a week
20-12-2010 19:39
madhatter13 Offline
Banned

I think there is too many girls for the 4pm show. Bambie, Layla, Charlie should stay because they have been on the longest, then Jo, sophie, Luci and Babs, the others should go and it should be 1st in last out.
(20-12-2010 19:39 )mikedafc Wrote:  There are 6-7 full time girls who will probably get 2 shifts each a week
(This post was last modified: 20-12-2010 20:26 by madhatter13.)
20-12-2010 20:25
pitbullpar Offline
Senior Poster

great news the chat staying may not be the best hours for me cus of work but at least its here to stay, i would think the girls who stay will be bambi, charlie, jo, layla and either luci or hayley with each girl getting 2 or 3 shifts a week
20-12-2010 22:33
Krill Liberator Offline
Vapid Response Unit

Hooray for the Chat staying! I may not be a fan, but it has a strong cult following and deserves to be recognised for that.
Happy for all you Chat-fans.Smile

Missing key events. Talking bollocks. Making stuff up.
~~~SAVE THE KRILL!~~~
20-12-2010 22:45
irishdude85 Offline
Master Poster

oh you got to be f.....g kidding me???
if it doesn't close now
it will close in the very near future.
21-12-2010 16:50
MeTarzan Offline
Holly McGuire lives in my Tree

It's doomed...

The fact is it isn't a popular format (except with a few). There's better uses for the bandwidth and the capital tied-up in delivering it.

Bambi & Co want to keep it for one reason (and one reason only) - it's an easy way to earn a living: sit behind a desk, read a few texts, chat to a few viewers on the phone and surf YouTube the rest of the time...

...Oh, and talk about whatever rubbish comes into their pretty (vacant) heads. Honestly, you can hear more intelligent conversation at any bus stop...

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.
...Homer J. Simpson
22-12-2010 00:22
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

So how many years does a show have to be on TV for it to become a "popular" format. The Chat has been on TV for 2 and 1/4 years, surely even you can see that a show cannot survive that long if it wasn't/isn't popular.
(This post was last modified: 22-12-2010 14:05 by mikedafc.)
22-12-2010 14:04
Light Entertainment Offline
Senior Poster

I haven't watched the Chat since March 2009 when it was taken off Freeview. I can't legislate for what the content's like now or how/whether it's changed in the interim, but I always felt the basic principle was worth defending.

I really like the idea of a platonic babeshow - which was how I saw The Chat, even if it didn't seem to see itself that way. I love the night shows, but I don't like the way the interactive caller has little or no choice but to be directed down the route of phone sex. I understand why it's like that, obviously, but it seems at times that the interactive caller is little more than a pawn, there to be used for the benefit of eavesdroppers, who afterall, are the real 'royalty' on the night show phonelines - when it comes to the busy shows, at least. What I liked about The Chat was that interactive callers could talk about a very wide range of issues. Even though many of them did seem to head into fairly similar territory, it wasn't a condition of calling that they went there.

Commercially, The Chat must be much harder to make a success of than a night show. Sex or the lack of it is a factor, but the biggest flaw with The Chat I believe is that the interests of the interactive caller directly contradict the interests of the eavesdropper. On a night show, a natural eavesdropper is reasonably well catered for, and will at least expect the call to fulfil his wishes. The interactive caller wants to have phone sex, and the eavesdropper wants to listen to it. Even if someone's called to speak to a girl, sex chat will hold his attention until he does. Eavesdroppers facilitate the big revenue, so everything's cool. But with a show like The Chat, this isn't the case. The interactive caller might want to bullshit about his status, moan about his job or even make deluded attempts to arrange a date, but the eavesdropper expressly doesn't want to listen to him do it. That dramatically limits the earning potential of the show, and it's a fundamental problem which should have been addressed from the start.

I suppose there might be an option for The Chat to go the route of certain night shows and start choreographing calls to bring in listeners. Maybe instead of phone sex, The Chat could choreograph blazing rows. That might get a few eavesdroppers on the line if the acting was half reasonable and the price per min was sufficiently attractive... "Bambi (so she's still there then?) is having a hot blazing row with Ann - a 35-year-old prison officer whose boyfriend called the show last week! CALL NOW!!!"... I'm thinking that would probably only work once (if that), but then I thought that when the 'hot girl caller' thing started on the night shows, so what do I know? Some kind of private 'soap opera' on the phonelines of The Chat might bring in eavesdroppers, but it would need to be managed, 'leaked', and marketed cleverly. And even then, without the Freeview audience I imagine the uptake would be sluggish. Not forgetting of course that it would risk damaging the show's reputation with interactive callers. Mind you, there sometimes comes a point where not taking a risk is more of a risk than taking one. Introducing some strong incentives into the text service might also help, but really the whole formula of the show needs a major overhaul. Again, I haven't seen the show for ages, so I'm basing this on the way things were in early '09.

I'm glad The Chat has the chance to remedy its plight, because it does serve a niche which even the 'bikini shows' don't cover. But I totally agree that the formula (at least as it stood when I last saw the show) is doomed long term unless the obvious flaws are addressed. Essentially, if viewers aren't thinking: "What in the name of John Prescott's breakfast is going on here?!!", then someone needs to make sure they are.
22-12-2010 20:49
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

The flaw in that agreement is that you keep comparing the show to a night show and what works there. What I think puts The Chat above other shows is the range of ways you can interact with the show, by text, phone, chatback, pic. BS Daytime Xtra has effectively become a copy of The Chat whereas instead of making it so Cellcast should have instead invested in the show.
22-12-2010 21:22

Click here to watch Babestation TV