Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

The watershed

nailpouchofmine Offline
Banned

The watershed
I don`t know if this is the right place to post this,but it does say General so here goes.

Just imagine,you are counting the days,you already have spent your £3.00 on a passport photo,registered with your birth certificate and recieved it,

Yes guys it is your very own I D card and now you can prove to the world that you are 18yrs old and can go for a pint or go to the cinema to watch an adult film,or purchace a Sports newspaper at the news agents,Yeeaa!

The big day finaly arrives,you have all your older friends and family with you and then go to the door of the pub,whooo!

Bouncer looks at your brand new ID and says....

Sorry mate but this ID says you are just 18 today,and we feel that you are too close to being 17 so we will have to stop you coming in until your 19,that way we will be protecting you,for your own sake of courseBig Grin
04-01-2011 13:22
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Charlemagne Offline

RE: The watershed
Then its their loss of trade and you find a better watering hole...
Your lucky I wish I was eighteen again.

If your only just made up 18 yesterday, and you joined in November... the figures don't add up, as you have to be 18 to be a forum member.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2011 13:27 by Charlemagne.)
04-01-2011 13:24
rickhardo Offline
Evening!

I always preferred a potting shed myself.

I don't know where you magic pixies came from, but I like your pixie drink!
04-01-2011 13:28
nailpouchofmine Offline
Banned

(04-01-2011 13:24 )Charlemagne Wrote:  Then its their loss of trade and you find a better watering hole...
Your lucky I wish I was eighteen again.

If your only just made up 18 yesterday, and you joined in November... the figures don't add up, as you have to be 18 to be a forum member.

I`m 59 actualy,
this is supposed to be a quip at the ridiculous add ons to the agreed watershed time of 9pm where now it seems to be 11pm,
When is it going to stop 12pm ,1am...maybe no watershed,no adult orientated material whatsoever so there wouldn`t have to be a watershed at allbladewave
04-01-2011 13:40
Gold Plated Pension Offline
paid to sip tea

(04-01-2011 13:22 )nailpouchofmine Wrote:  I don`t know if this is the right place to post this,but it does say General so here goes.

Just imagine,you are counting the days,you already have spent your £3.00 on a passport photo,registered with your birth certificate and recieved it,

Yes guys it is your very own I D card and now you can prove to the world that you are 18yrs old and can go for a pint or go to the cinema to watch an adult film,or purchace a Sports newspaper at the news agents,Yeeaa!

The big day finaly arrives,you have all your older friends and family with you and then go to the door of the pub,whooo!

Bouncer looks at your brand new ID and says....

Sorry mate but this ID says you are just 18 today,and we feel that you are too close to being 17 so we will have to stop you coming in until your 19,that way we will be protecting you,for your own sake of courseBig Grin

This is not as far fetched as it sounds. The last government as part of their nanny state policies introduced more mandatory conditions on premises retailing alcohol. One of them that came into force in Oct 2010 was that all premises had to have an age verification policy generally challenge 21 or 25. So your over 18, don't look it, can't prove it by one of the few accepted methods so no alcohol. Would i be pissed off, talk about taking responsibility for your own actions. Big brother is still watching.

Generally Following

http://www.openrightsgroup.org/

http://www.indexoncensorship.org/

http://www.backlash-uk.org.uk/wp/

http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/faqmf.htm

http://www.bis.gov.uk/brdo/publications/...sultations

Expect a Civil Service
Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.
05-01-2011 02:50
Charlemagne Offline

(04-01-2011 13:40 )nailpouchofmine Wrote:  I`m 59 actualy,
this is supposed to be a quip at the ridiculous add ons to the agreed watershed time of 9pm where now it seems to be 11pm,
When is it going to stop 12pm ,1am...maybe no watershed,no adult orientated material whatsoever so there wouldn`t have to be a watershed at allbladewave

So lets get this straight... your 59 and they won't let you in a pub because you look too young .
So you have go into a shed to watch the babeshows Wink

I think that Ofcom are running their own censorship rating system.. Suitable for children up to 9pm, and then only suitable if viewed with your parents between 9-11pm.... so find out what your old dad is doing tonight.
05-01-2011 11:15
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Dads in the potting shed again.

Gone fishing
06-01-2011 01:21
nailpouchofmine Offline
Banned

(05-01-2011 11:15 )Charlemagne Wrote:  
(04-01-2011 13:40 )nailpouchofmine Wrote:  I`m 59 actualy,

So lets get this straight... your 59 and they won't let you in a pub because you look too young .
So you have go into a shed to watch the babeshows Wink

I think that Ofcom are running their own censorship rating system.. Suitable for children up to 9pm, and then only suitable if viewed with your parents between 9-11pm.... so find out what your old dad is doing tonight.

And what are you doing up at this time of day,or do you type in bed as well?Wink
06-01-2011 01:51