Poll: Which babechannel will be next to feel the wrath of Ofcom?
This poll is closed.
Babestation 6.52% 3 6.52%
Elite 23.91% 11 23.91%
Babeworld 0% 0 0%
Sportxxx 26.09% 12 26.09%
Club Paradiso 2.17% 1 2.17%
Redlight Central 28.26% 13 28.26%
TVX 2.17% 1 2.17%
Asian Babes 6.52% 3 6.52%
ChatgirlTV 4.35% 2 4.35%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Ofcom's next target

SYBORG666 Offline
Spawn Of Satan

RE: Ofcom's next target
What infuriates me more, is there are some of us who have the balls to lay their life on the line for this country (i'm not just talking about the Armed Force, i'm talking about the Emergency services as well) but the babechannels won't even stand up to Ofcom when there's clear evidence to say that they're getting an unfair treatment.

Raising Hell Since 1980.

As a man once said:
"Control yourself, your better alone"
"Control yourself, see who gives a fuck"
22-05-2011 00:50
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

I dont know if its true, but its been said before that some of the channel operators are quite happy with things as they are, thank you very much. They make money and reckon that having harder content wont bring in extra cash.

It could even cost them because theyd have to pay the models more and some of them have lucrative businessess selling subscription hardcore, sex shops or hardcore magazines and theyd loose customers.

Its as if Sky News was owned by a newspaper owner.

Its also been said that fighting Ofcom would cost a packet, would get them targetted (sorry, monitored) by the Riverside House bully boys, could get them closed until the court case comes up, and the end result would benefit their competitors equally.

Of course thats all wrong because revenues would increase across the board. More callers. More pay per night. More subscriptions.

Gone fishing
22-05-2011 02:05
SYBORG666 Offline
Spawn Of Satan

Fair point Eccles, I just think that the babeshows should have abit more freedom so that if the girls want to flash, they can without having to worry about getting the boot because their company (channel) has had to pay a fine. If the girls had their gash out all the time, then I think the novelty would eventually wear off. I just think that if the girls could flash, then the babechannels would be better.

Raising Hell Since 1980.

As a man once said:
22-05-2011 14:20
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

(22-05-2011 14:20 )SYBORG666 Wrote:  Fair point Eccles, I just think that the babeshows should have abit more freedom so that if the girls want to flash, they can without having to worry about getting the boot because their company (channel) has had to pay a fine. If the girls had their gash out all the time, then I think the novelty would eventually wear off. I just think that if the girls could flash, then the babechannels would be better.

Nice point!

For me, as I've said before, it's not about how much and how often they flash or do explicit shows, it's about them being allowed to. Allow them to show what they want, and that will give them the most freedom. They can show what they want, when they feel up to it, or they can keep things more tame as well. I'm sure if they were allowed to show more, that the women and the producers would come up with a smart way to keep the suspense, rather than just showing everything night after night after night. They just need to be allowed to do so in the first place.
22-05-2011 15:48
dazaman Away
Posting Machine

(22-05-2011 15:48 )mrmann Wrote:  
(22-05-2011 14:20 )SYBORG666 Wrote:  If the girls had their gash out all the time, then I think the novelty would eventually wear off. I just think that if the girls could flash, then the babechannels would be better.

Nice point!

For me, as I've said before, it's not about how much and how often they flash or do explicit shows, it's about them being allowed to. Allow them to show what they want, and that will give them the most freedom. They can show what they want, when they feel up to it, or they can keep things more tame as well. I'm sure if they were allowed to show more, that the women and the producers would come up with a smart way to keep the suspense, rather than just showing everything night after night after night. They just need to be allowed to do so in the first place.

You are both right but sadly there are side effects Babestar if you watched this show at the time there was plenty of flashing and almost zero calls, now if a balance could be found where you get to see what you want and the girls get callers then we all win, but till that happens the channels don't really have reason to fight for that right.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/13222

You can follow me on Twitter
22-05-2011 16:27
SYBORG666 Offline
Spawn Of Satan

One way to do it, is if they got x amount of calls/text they'll flash, kind of like Sexstation did before they became a webshow but until Ofcom get off their back, it won't happen.

Raising Hell Since 1980.

As a man once said:
22-05-2011 17:25
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

One way to do it would be for a babe channel industry association to take on Ofcom on behalf of every babe channel. That would make it harder for Ofcom to harass the single channel that stood up to it and avoid one channel bearing all the costs but every channel winning.

The other thing that would help would be to engage a non-win-no-fee legal team. They could even be engaged on a shared risk basis, being paid a %age of increased revenues dating from any relaxation of rules, if Law Society rules permit that.

And yes, relaxed rules neednt mean strong content all the time. Id be happy to see it when the babes are in the mood, not when forced to fake excitement.

Gone fishing
22-05-2011 20:58