Click here to watch RED LIGHT CENTRAL

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.59 Average

Red Light Central - Calling, Telephone & Texting Questions/Issues

Goodfella3041 Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Red Light Central - Calling, Telephone & Texting Questions/Issues
I suspect that this is a VOI Pay problem rather than an RLC problem, but I'm posting it here because ... well, actually, for no other reason than to annoy Phil from RLC.

For the past week or two when I call any of the VOI Pay channels (RLC and S66) from a landline, I get through the preamble, but when I go to select an option, none of my button presses register and I eventually default to speaking with an off-screen girl. It is random, but frequent. I.e. it doesn't happen all the time, but it happens a lot.

Anyone else having this problem?

GF
01-09-2013 21:30
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nice Cannes Offline
au naturel, s'il vous plait

Weak cordless signal? I had similar happen when using a cordless handset in a room some distance from the receiver (including thick walls in between).
01-09-2013 22:37
Goodfella3041 Offline
Posting Machine

I don't think that that can be it. First of all, it never happens on any other channel -- only the VOI Pay ones.

Also, VOI Pay asks you to input a four-digit code before putting you through to the menu. I always get through that bit without any problem.

So the hardware appears to be working fine at my end.
02-09-2013 11:03
Rivers Offline
Senior Poster

(01-09-2013 21:30 )Goodfella3041 Wrote:  I suspect that this is a VOI Pay problem rather than an RLC problem, but I'm posting it here because ... well, actually, for no other reason than to annoy Phil from RLC.

For the past week or two when I call any of the VOI Pay channels (RLC and S66) from a landline, I get through the preamble, but when I go to select an option, none of my button presses register and I eventually default to speaking with an off-screen girl. It is random, but frequent. I.e. it doesn't happen all the time, but it happens a lot.

GF

I've been having the exact same problem over the last couple of days only I've been calling from my mobile rather than a landline. It's very annoying! And costly.
02-09-2013 12:58
VoiPay Offline

(01-09-2013 21:30 )Goodfella3041 Wrote:  I suspect that this is a VOI Pay problem rather than an RLC problem, but I'm posting it here because ... well, actually, for no other reason than to annoy Phil from RLC.

GF

Hi Goodfella3041

This is Steve from VoiPay. We're not aware of any issues on VoiPay at present (or over the last few weeks), nevertheless, we have our engineers testing to see if we can recreate the problems you have described. We never want to see any customers experiencing issues when calling the channels or losing credits/money.

You can reach me at steve@voipay.net and I will ensure the team look at this immediately for you and credit back any monies that may have been lost.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Steve
02-09-2013 15:09
VoiPay Offline

(02-09-2013 12:58 )Rivers Wrote:  I've been having the exact same problem over the last couple of days only I've been calling from my mobile rather than a landline. It's very annoying! And costly.

Hi Rivers

This is Steve at VoiPay. As per my previous message to Goodfella3041, we can't seem to trace any issue on VoiPay, but we are looking at this and giving it the highest priority.

If you want to drop me a line to steve@voipay.net, I will ensure that we look at your individual case immediately.

Regards

Steve
02-09-2013 15:13
Nice Cannes Offline
au naturel, s'il vous plait

(02-09-2013 11:03 )Goodfella3041 Wrote:  I don't think that that can be it. First of all, it never happens on any other channel -- only the VOI Pay ones.

Also, VOI Pay asks you to input a four-digit code before putting you through to the menu. I always get through that bit without any problem.

So the hardware appears to be working fine at my end.

I just wondered if a poor primary connection, that nevertheless gets you through the 4-digit pin stage, might still affect the "over ip" bit from VoiPay to RLC in terms of tone processing and so on.

Certainly for me, switching to a fixed phone extension solved the issue, or at least appeared to solve it. But I can't be confident of the cause and effect.
02-09-2013 20:12
Irishdaytimefan Offline

[split] Red Light - The Afternoon and/or Tease Hour sessions Thread
I'm trying to call from Ireland & it keeps asking me when I get through for a 4 digit code? It won't take me to the onscreen girl? Anyone else have this problem? Cheers lads
11-12-2013 21:45
Stillroom Rock Offline
Knowledge speaks wisdom listens

I only seem to be able to get through to Ch 910,can't get through to the other channels at all(calling from Ireland)

In a time of universal deceit telling the truth is a revoultionary act - George Orwell
21-01-2014 03:52
ribery Offline

playboy chat 902
Hi, I called playboy chat from my mobile and without realising found myself subscribed to some kind of text service being charged a fortune. Is there any way at all of stopping this happening in the first place?

Thanks for any help
25-03-2014 20:46

Click here to watch RED LIGHT CENTRAL