cherry tv

clips4sale

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Webshow picture quality

TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

Webshow picture quality
The picture quality of the webshow, viewed with the Adobe flash player, has not been as good as usual for the last few days.
Last night I did a little experiment. I have a demo version of a direct webstream recorder, which although it can only record for 2½ minutes at a time, does produce a high quality .flv file without any OSG.
I made recordings with the flash payer set to medium resolution and also with it set to high resolution.
The results were identical. Both .flv files produced were about 8MB in size. Previously the file size for 2½ minutes with the flash player set to HD was about 13MB and only 8MB for when it is set to medium resolution.
It looks as if the 2 modes are now the same. Sad
24-01-2011 12:08
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
linnlk85 Offline
Junior Poster

RE: Webshow picture quality
(24-01-2011 12:08 )TheWatcher Wrote:  The picture quality of the webshow, viewed with the Adobe flash player, has not been as good as usual for the last few days.
Last night I did a little experiment. I have a demo version of a direct webstream recorder, which although it can only record for 2½ minutes at a time, does produce a high quality .flv file without any OSG.
I made recordings with the flash payer set to medium resolution and also with it set to high resolution.
The results were identical. Both .flv files produced were about 8MB in size. Previously the file size for 2½ minutes with the flash player set to HD was about 13MB and only 8MB for when it is set to medium resolution.
yes,i too have noticed this,but i suppose there's not a lot we can do about this .by the way what is the recorder your using,i'm sure everyone else are keen to know as i would like to be able to record without the osg's
24-01-2011 12:59
linnlk85 Offline
Junior Poster

just been watching jwest and the main cam is as described by watcher but the close up from the other angle seems to be a razor sharp picture so perhaps its just how the equipment has been set up
24-01-2011 13:28
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

(24-01-2011 12:59 )linnlk85 Wrote:  
(24-01-2011 12:08 )TheWatcher Wrote:  The picture quality of the webshow, viewed with the Adobe flash player, has not been as good as usual for the last few days.
yes,i too have noticed this,but i suppose there's not a lot we can do about this .by the way what is the recorder your using,i'm sure everyone else are keen to know as i would like to be able to record without the osg's

I use the free demo version here
http://www.wmrecorder.com/wm_recorder.php
24-01-2011 13:29

gemma hiles