Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Internet Control

stoly Offline
Banned

RE: Internet Control
(13-02-2011 01:02 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Or an opponent of the political regime which we all are on this forum so we'd all be rounded up and shot or sent on trains to butlins too.

If Gerry was in charge we wouldn't have this shite Ofcom, there would be a regulator, but they would be regulating for a min of 14inch dildos to be used, during most sets....hahahaha
13-02-2011 01:07
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Tempted though I am to join in slagging off foreigners and correcting misconceptions about WWII, does anyone have anything to say about creeping state control of the internet?

Where are all those posters who were saying the government could not control it a few months ago who Ofcom was going to take control of streaming TV?

Gone fishing
13-02-2011 04:05
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

I'm glad they that ofcom or whoever will take control over streaming is doing so, as at the end of the day it still officially can be classified as TV and ofcom could say follow the channels and those levels, although don't think they would.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
Production Professional with PhD
13-02-2011 13:02
stoly Offline
Banned

(13-02-2011 04:05 )eccles Wrote:  Tempted though I am to join in slagging off foreigners and correcting misconceptions about WWII, does anyone have anything to say about creeping state control of the internet?

Where are all those posters who were saying the government could not control it a few months ago who Ofcom was going to take control of streaming TV?

Yep, more of our supposed freedoms being quietly eroded away. Ofcom have no part in policing the internet, it doesn't fall inside their jurisdiction. Any judgement by them taken to a court of law would be thrown out.
This is a token jesture, if allowed, would allow them to try and impose further restrictions. at the moment they are depending on tubes to report certain sites, at the moment cosmetic, etc. In the belief that they are doing some good for the consumer.
Past experience has taught us this is just the tip of the iceberg, and if allowed, they would try and trespass into everything they could get their grubby little mits on. Probably including this site Heart
(This post was last modified: 13-02-2011 15:29 by stoly.)
13-02-2011 15:09
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

actually internet TV could fall into it if it is broadcast from the uk, which sexstation is, and they could win in court, although ofcom's lawyers would have to be very good at technical defences.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
13-02-2011 15:34
stoly Offline
Banned

(13-02-2011 15:34 )RCTV Wrote:  actually internet TV could fall into it if it is broadcast from the uk, which sexstation is, and they could win in court, although ofcom's lawyers would have to be very good at technical defences.

Yeah ! You really do like to stir it, If your assuming that is classed as tv, then that would give the government and Ofcom the right, to monitor anything using a web cam, almost every computer in the land, if thats not against civil liberties I don't know what is. Hahahaha It's not enough they have all these cameras out on the streets. They now want to snoop inside your homes 1984, but because of budget constraints, they want you to purchase them.....Fucking cheap bastards........
(This post was last modified: 13-02-2011 16:27 by stoly.)
13-02-2011 16:20
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

I'm sure I saw the report somewhere recently that said ofcom would be getting involved with the rules regarding "advertising and selling of products" on internet websites, not the actual content of the websites.
13-02-2011 19:27
stoly Offline
Banned

(13-02-2011 19:27 )TheWatcher Wrote:  I'm sure I saw the report somewhere recently that said ofcom would be getting involved with the rules regarding "advertising and selling of products" on internet websites, not the actual content of the websites.

Just a matter of time, allow them to get their feet in the door, and you'll have a hell of a lot of bother getting them out of it.
13-02-2011 19:43
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

(13-02-2011 16:20 )stoly Wrote:  Yeah ! You really do like to stir it, If your assuming that is classed as tv, then that would give the government and Ofcom the right, to monitor anything using a web cam, almost every computer in the land, if thats not against civil liberties I don't know what is. Hahahaha It's not enough they have all these cameras out on the streets. They now want to snoop inside your homes 1984, but because of budget constraints, they want you to purchase them.....Fucking cheap bastards........

technially a webcam could be classified as a Personal Broadcasting Device, so wouldn't be classified as TV, and the cam sites are very careful who they let on anyway.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
13-02-2011 20:08
SYBORG666 Offline
Spawn Of Satan

Forum Posts
Look babechannels, its there in big fuck off letters. Ofcom will not fucking stop now until all british broadcasted (web or tv) adult entainment is banned. I can't put it any fucking clearer. Babechannels, pull your motherfucking fingers out and fight for your right to exist. annoyedannoyedannoyedannoyedannoyed

Raising Hell Since 1980.

As a man once said:
"Control yourself, your better alone"
"Control yourself, see who gives a fuck"
13-02-2011 22:04