preetiandpriya.com

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average

Asian Connections - Dayshow

DB83 Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Asian Connections - Dayshow
This 'debate' could go on forever since there will always be some that you will never win over.

I well recall one post on here when the writer said words to the effect "I did not realise there were LadyBoys on here" - I use that word since I am more comfortable with it. And what he meant was that they looked feminine rather than masculine

There will always be some TG's that look more masculine than others but if you did not know it then Nadia, IMO, comes over atleast more feminine.

Maybe we should lighten this up with a little humour.

"I went on holiday in Thailand. I assure you that I did not go to Bankok." Smile [Yeah. More corny than a tin of Fray Bentos]
27-08-2016 16:36
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nilford Offline
fence post

(27-08-2016 16:36 )DB83 Wrote:  There will always be some TG's that look more masculine than others

Just as there will be some natural-born women that look more feminine than others; genetics and hormones wreak differing kinds of formative havoc on all of us, after all. But you're right, the debate never gets settled, since those opposing shemales on the show only ever really look to entrench their position. It's the vehemence with which they argue against any and all shemales (known ones, at any rate!) looking convincingly feminine that suggests a struggle to accept gender ambiguity and boundary-blurring in themselves. When it's suggested quite exaggeratedly that even Nadia is masculine-looking, you realise how much contorting is going on to defend a reactionary POV. You won't convince me that it's anything other than a hang-up about what's between the legs that's the problem for the anti-kathoey lobby. Like the rest of us they ought to be able to put what isn't on display out of their minds, but for some reason their brains won't let go of it. Anyway, enough said.
27-08-2016 17:17
mickster Offline
Posting Machine

At the end of the day it all boils down to personal preference .One mans meat is another mans poison .(no pun intended).
I can be "inspired" by Nadia and Amy just as much as Kitty ,Nancy ,Sami etc.
I don't consider myself gay at all , but I can knock one out to Nadia and Amy in the full knowledge that neither are natural girls .
27-08-2016 17:38
wim Offline
Account Closed

Yeah, guys, this is a pretty stale debate and it's not likely to influence what we see on AC very much. Because many enjoy seeing kathoey and they are such an integral part of Thai society, they will probably always be present on AC. But notice that the actual number of kathoey on AC has steadily declined - now only Nadia, right? (Please don't include Amy, who is transgender and fully female.) Personally, I am fascinated with kathoey, because I find it remarkable that they can look as feminine as they do. I like Nadia a lot, and for me it was Lisa who had the most amazingly feminine body of all the kathoey, and a lovely face to match. Others will disagree, but if so the NBFs predominate on AC now, so they shouldn't be unduly troubled. Let's just enjoy and see if we can use our energies to convince the managers to make the improvements we've been talking about. (By the way, I thought Cat was a kathoey, but I guess she's not????)
27-08-2016 17:49
DB83 Offline
Posting Machine

^^ Of course if you check out Nadia on her pervecam then it is oft on display Smile

In fact that is what the one-handers request the most there.
27-08-2016 18:01
mickster Offline
Posting Machine

(27-08-2016 17:49 )wim Wrote:  Yeah, guys, this is a pretty stale debate and it's not likely to influence what we see on AC very much. Because many enjoy seeing kathoey and they are such an integral part of Thai society, they will probably always be present on AC. But notice that the actual number of kathoey on AC has steadily declined - now only Nadia, right? (Please don't include Amy, who is transgender and fully female.) Personally, I am fascinated with kathoey, because I find it remarkable that they can look as feminine as they do. I like Nadia a lot, and for me it was Lisa who had the most amazingly feminine body of all the kathoey, and a lovely face to match. Others will disagree, but if so the NBFs predominate on AC now, so they shouldn't be unduly troubled. Let's just enjoy and see if we can use our energies to convince the managers to make the improvements we've been talking about. (By the way, I thought Cat was a kathoey, but I guess she's not????)

Cat was definitely a "Tomcat" .
27-08-2016 18:12
OurJud Offline
Senior Poster

(27-08-2016 17:17 )nilford Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 16:36 )DB83 Wrote:  There will always be some TG's that look more masculine than others

Just as there will be some natural-born women that look more feminine than others; genetics and hormones wreak differing kinds of formative havoc on all of us, after all. But you're right, the debate never gets settled, since those opposing shemales on the show only ever really look to entrench their position. It's the vehemence with which they argue against any and all shemales (known ones, at any rate!) looking convincingly feminine that suggests a struggle to accept gender ambiguity and boundary-blurring in themselves. When it's suggested quite exaggeratedly that even Nadia is masculine-looking, you realise how much contorting is going on to defend a reactionary POV. You won't convince me that it's anything other than a hang-up about what's between the legs that's the problem for the anti-kathoey lobby. Like the rest of us they ought to be able to put what isn't on display out of their minds, but for some reason their brains won't let go of it. Anyway, enough said.

And in exactly the same way folk like you and mickster flatly refuse to accept and understand that those of us who don't like the Katoy are just as entitled to our opinion. You accuse us of being in some kind of denial while openly admitting to being sexual aroused by them. Do you not see the hypocrisy here? You constantly have to remind us 'you're not gay' whenever this subject comes up... and you say we're the ones in denial??

Just face facts - the katoy are not in the least bit attractive to us. We don't see a single shred of femininity in these people, but you simply refuse to accept this opinion in some attempt to mask your own tenancies, which you're possibly too scared to face.
(This post was last modified: 27-08-2016 19:27 by OurJud.)
27-08-2016 19:24
mickster Offline
Posting Machine

I've NEVER refused anyone from having a different opinion .On the contrary ; ie. "one mans meats another mans poison". = We don't all like / dislike the same things .
What I object to is selfish moaning types who only want to see what they alone want to see on tv.
Be it "too much sport/soap operas/"reality tv shows"/drama /sex /violence /politics etc.
These people never stop and think "someone else might like this programme even if I don't".
No ,it's "I don't want to watch it , so no-one else should ".
Self -appointed Censors - put them in Room 101 !
27-08-2016 21:35
nilford Offline
fence post

(27-08-2016 19:24 )OurJud Wrote:  [...] Just face facts - the katoy are not in the least bit attractive to us. We don't see a single shred of femininity in these people, but you simply refuse to accept this opinion in some attempt to mask your own tenancies, which you're possibly too scared to face.

Look, this is going to get nasty if we don't soon agree to draw a line. I'm fine with you liking who you like, and not liking who you don't like (although I think subjective opinion has to have some sort of basis in credibility to be taken seriously, and you must know that to claim that Nadia or Balloon have no femininity at all isn't credible and would be shot down flat by a significant percentage of people out there the minute they were shown a video clip. The credible way to put it would've been to have said that their femininity isn't your cup of tea, in the same way that certain natural born females femininity isn't your cup of tea. You sound like someone with an agenda when you claim that they don't possesses a shred of femininity). However, I think if you and others complain frequently enough about the presence of shemales it's unavoidably going to come across as though you're lobbying to have them removed from the show (I don't know whether you personally have done much of this, I'd have to check, but there have been forum members who do it or did it with fair regularity). Some of those complaints could also be seen as sailing close to the wind of transphobia. Shemales have made up a percentage of the presenting team from way back; the chemistry between natural-born and transgender presenters has for a long time been one of the mainsprings of the show, and so how about living and letting live?
27-08-2016 23:48
OurJud Offline
Senior Poster

(27-08-2016 23:48 )nilford Wrote:  (although I think subjective opinion has to have some sort of basis in credibility to be taken seriously, and you must know that to claim that Nadia or Balloon have no femininity at all isn't credible and would be shot down flat by a significant percentage of people out there the minute they were shown a video clip.

You see this is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. What you're saying here is that I'm wrong and you're right regarding the subject of the Katoys' femininity. You're suggesting I'm merely pretending I don't see any evidence of femininity to try and justify the fact I'd don't enjoy watching them.

Acting and dressing feminine does not amount to true femininity.

And furthermore I don't recall ever asking for the removal or exclusion of them. In fact I think this branch of the discussion started when I said I thought the balance was about fair now and should be left as it is, when someone suggested more katoy were hired. It wasn't that long ago when they completely dominated the schedules and fans of the NBF were completely ignored and disregarded.
28-08-2016 00:11

preetiandpriya.com