Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

this site or imagechunk

HEX!T Away
Retired

this site or imagechunk
i recently signed up to imagechunk. and have noticed i am getting a lot of spam emails for dating sites/girls...
as i only used my hexit email for this and the I.C site it has to be down to 1 of the 2, im talking 30+ spam emails a day for the last 3-4 months
have you guys that use imagechunk had the same increase since you signed up?...

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
24-03-2011 11:28
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

RE: this site or imagechunk
(24-03-2011 11:28 )HEX!T Wrote:  i recently signed up to imagechunk. and have noticed i am getting a lot of spam emails for dating sites/girls...
as i only used my hexit email for this and the I.C site it has to be down to 1 of the 2, im talking 30+ spam emails a day for the last 3-4 months

It must be imagechunk, not this site. I use them a lot but have never signed up.
I never receive any spam emails from anybody.
24-03-2011 12:23
george.chunni Offline
Junior Poster

(24-03-2011 11:28 )HEX!T Wrote:  i recently signed up to imagechunk. and have noticed i am getting a lot of spam emails for dating sites/girls...

Imagechunk doesn't give out email addresses to anybody, and I have only emailed everybody on the list once so it's not the site. I am the only person with admin access to the website, and the only person with access to the server it runs on, so nobody else could be stealing the email addresses.

I will signup to Imagechunk with a new email address and see if I receive any spam emails, but I really don't expect it is remotely possible.
24-03-2011 12:34
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

I also use the same email account for both but have done for years for lots of sites and get huge amounts of spam.

Don't most email addresses end up getting spammed anyway regardless of signups to sites - spammers hacking yahoo address books or sending spam to email addresses that might exist. For example if a spammer knows that hexit@yahoo.com exists they'll send a million spam emails to all likely combinations of hexit******@yahoo.com as well as to other email hosts. You open just one of those spam emails and the spammer knows that your email address exists and then your email address is "in the system" and will receive all sorts of spam.

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
24-03-2011 12:39
HEX!T Away
Retired

it just seemed a bit coincidental m8. i seem to be getting hammered lately and this email is 3 years old now. it has never been this bad in that time.
most of them are comming form @blahblah.info

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
(This post was last modified: 24-03-2011 14:58 by HEX!T.)
24-03-2011 14:57
chrislatimer Offline
Banned

(24-03-2011 12:39 )skateguy Wrote:  

I also use the same email account for both but have done for years for lots of sites and get huge amounts of spam.

Don't most email addresses end up getting spammed anyway regardless of signups to sites - spammers hacking yahoo address books or sending spam to email addresses that might exist. For example if a spammer knows that hexit@yahoo.com exists they'll send a million spam emails to all likely combinations of hexit******@yahoo.com as well as to other email hosts. You open just one of those spam emails and the spammer knows that your email address exists and then your email address is "in the system" and will receive all sorts of spam.

yep they do eventually and email spamming is getting more sophisticated.

mostly now a days its people in your contacts who have been hacked where a majority of the spamming comes from.

one of my 8 email accounts has 34000 spam messages unread going back 2 years.
24-03-2011 16:57