Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average

Please avoid copy capping

admin. Offline
Administrator

Please avoid copy capping
Can all members of this forum - and anyone else - please avoid posting caps that you didn't make yourself or using such caps in any way without (a) asking the permission of the capper who made the caps and (b) giving credit to that person for their work.

There have been a number of times recently when it has been discovered that caps posted in this forum have been subsequently used by someone else without the original poster being asked about it, told about it or being given any credit for it. This is very bad practice and can cause ill feeling.

As well as potentially causing friction, copy capping can also cause confusion. As an example, Carl13 was recently accused of copy capping when in fact was he was entirely innocent. In fact he was not only innocent, but ironically he was also a victim as the real culprit had also posted some of Carl13's caps without his knowledge or permission.

Please note that this post is making a general point - it is not aimed at anyone in particular. It's just a general statement to say that appearing to take credit for someone else's work is bad practice and not something that anyone should be tempted to do.

I repeat that this statement is not aimed at anyone in particular and in fact the main reason for posting this is to publicly apologise to Carl13 who, as mentioned above, I recently accused of copy capping when he was entirely innocent and hadn't done any such thing. It was known that someone was taking caps and because of an unfortunate misunderstanding the wrong person was accused. It was even more unfortunate that Carl13 is a long standing and very worthy member of this forum and one of the least people deserving of a false accusation.

I ask everyone - and not just members of this forum - to bear in mind that copy capping is simply bad practice and when it happens it's no surprise that it causes friction a lot of the time. Please avoid this bad practice as in addition to causing friction it's also the case that copy cappers inevitably bring themselves into disrepute.
16-04-2011 18:35
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

RE: Please avoid copy capping
Nice statement and sentiment there Admin. Which I wholeheartedly agree with. Big Grin

But you've got a snowballs chance in hell of ever stopping it happening. There are always going to be people that take the easy route, and nick other peoples hard work, rather than do the caps and videos themselves.

I even joined another forum, just to congratulate them on having so much of my stuff posted on it. Did I get any apology or recognition off them? NO, I just got kicked out instead.

So no matter how much I may agree with your statement. things won't change. It's just something we cappers & video makers have to put up with.

ADDITION
Now most of us are quite content to put up with it as long as they use our original download links. As at least that way, we still get reward points for them. But what really pisses us off, is when they upload the stuff to their own accounts, and steel the reward points off us.
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2011 14:52 by aceman65.)
17-04-2011 02:10
HannahsPet Online
Posting Machine

Yeah seems a lot of my BS Daytime post are being posted on that forum does anyone know who runs it.

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
28-04-2011 11:15
mellover Offline
Banned

Is it me, or is that just a the coolest title.
03-07-2012 01:51