Click here to watch Studio 66

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A change in status for the chatbox

admin. Offline
Administrator

A change in status for the chatbox
The Chatbox has today been given webspace of its own, instead of having to share resources with the forum. Hopefully this will aid in the smooth running of the Chatbox, especially at the busiest times, and provide Chatbox users with an improved chat experience. The only drawback is that the Chatbox now needs a registration of its own, so forum members will also need to be chat members before they can gain access.

The chatbox moderators are pre-registered, but all other members wishing to chat need to sign up at http://www.babechannelchat.co.uk Hopefully the inconvenience to forum members of having to register again will be outweighed by the improvement we hope to see in the Chatbox's performance, as the slowness of the Chatbox at times is due to the slowness of the forum at times, and not to any Chatbox issue.
09-04-2011 15:26
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HEX!T Away
Retired

RE: A change in status for the chatbox
sign up went fine, no errors. logged in fine, chat fine. speed is great, no delays. thank you...

but i nearly shit a brick when i clicked on the chat icon at the top of the babeforum and it came up with page no longer exists... (i thought rugi had banned me as soon as i signed up Sad , then i read the addi Smile )
i know that will be a short term thing. but it was odd to see it.

addendum* the confirmation email went straight to my junk folder. which is a first for a babechannel email.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2011 17:58 by HEX!T.)
09-04-2011 16:57
eyesonly4u Offline
Banned

unwanted, and put out to pasture poor little usTongue
09-04-2011 21:33
prince henry sinclair Offline
Senior Poster

(09-04-2011 21:33 )eyesonly4u Wrote:  unwanted, and put out to pasture poor little usTongue

I'm not sure. It sounds like a promotion to me, if you lot are getting your own space. It might make the chatroom more visible too so you might get more chatters in the long run.
09-04-2011 23:20
admin. Offline
Administrator

Can chatbox users bear in mind that since use of the chatbox now requires its own registration, as mentioned above, it therefore follows that it has its own members list. To avoid any confusion, please note that the forum members list has not been migrated to the new chat location and in fact due to differences in how the chat site is set up compared to the forum it's not technically feasible to migrate the members list anyway.
13-04-2011 08:53
Deb x Away
Master Poster

[split] Death to the Chatbox Clique
(24-04-2011 17:26 )gazfc Wrote:  Does this now mean we have to abide by different rules 2 avoid the ban hammer if we use the chatbox?

Also who decides who's in the 'clique'? I use the chatbox so am I in the 'clique'?

I'd like some clarification as if so I'll just post caps and that it

I'm hoping this gets left here and not destined to the 'bin'

Thank you for posting this. I hope it gets left here too. I have a slightly different concern....

I am very unclear about this 'new' chatbox; I'm worried about going in there to be honest; if there are people in there who have been banned from this forum for, presumably, very good reasons, then it doesn't seem like a very safe online environment to me.

On the very odd occasion I've had problems with people in there in the past, the mods have dealt with it very quickly and effectively. I've been able to work out who's likely to be 'safe' to talk to by looking at what they've done on the forum; as a female member of the forum that's been very useful for me. But apparently it's not possible for me to do that now...

Not a fan of the new 'free for all' setup at all Sad
24-04-2011 17:40
chrislatimer Offline
Banned

RE: Death to the Chatbox Clique
they fixed it deb people who are banned from the forum now cant use the chatbox i think
24-04-2011 17:43
Deb x Away
Master Poster

Well, that's something, Chris, thanks. Are you able to confirm whether people can use the chatbox if they're not registered on the forum? As that's also a concern...
24-04-2011 17:48
chrislatimer Offline
Banned

(24-04-2011 17:48 )Deb x Wrote:  Well, that's something, Chris, thanks. Are you able to confirm whether people can use the chatbox if they're not registered on the forum? As that's also a concern...

yeah sadly they can deb
24-04-2011 17:52
Deb x Away
Master Poster

I'm not going to point out the various ways that setup could be used/abused, because I don't want to give people ideas.
I'll just say it's highly unlikely I'll be going in there again.
Cheers for clearing that up.
24-04-2011 17:59

Click here to watch Studio 66