That's why we all love the lowlands festival..Smile

Station To Station - David Bowie
The European Cannon Is Here.
08-05-2011 01:18
Find all posts by this user
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

RE: Should Scotland start up a babe channel
(08-05-2011 01:02 )mrsmith Wrote:  The Netherlands has a population more than 3 time the size of Scotland, that means 3 times as much tax revenue.

Not all of the North Sea Oil is off the coast of Scotland, and more than half the reserves have gone, the Uk is now a net importer rather than exporter of oil.

Coupled with the losses I pointed out in an earlier post, Scotland would flounder without the rest of the UK.

finally a plus point Big Grin
08-05-2011 01:27
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
MeTarzan Offline
Holly McGuire lives in my Tree

(08-05-2011 00:26 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Eccles Cameron is shitting bricks right now that you lose Scotland...

Why?

If we want it back we simply march up there, whip your arses and subjugate you just like we've always done...

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.
...Homer J. Simpson
08-05-2011 08:34
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Not as easy as that we live in democratic times now as when devolution power was given to Scotland all it took was an SNP landslide victory such as this and it's only a matter of time before we go independent. Cameron and England are powerless now and it's now in the hands of the Scottish people whether or not we wish to leave the union or not. Offcourse you lot down there are shitting bricks at the very prospect of this becoming reality. 200 years of English rule is coming to an end and there is nothing you can do about it. Our nation is ready to rise again and just like Proud Edwards army did will send you home again to think again.
08-05-2011 15:44
lucent-x Offline
Posting Machine

(08-05-2011 15:44 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Not as easy as that we live in democratic times now as when devolution power was given to Scotland all it took was an SNP landslide victory such as this and it's only a matter of time before we go independent. Cameron and England are powerless now and it's now in the hands of the Scottish people whether or not we wish to leave the union or not. Offcourse you lot down there are shitting bricks at the very prospect of this becoming reality. 200 years of English rule is coming to an end and there is nothing you can do about it. Our nation is ready to rise again and just like Proud Edwards army did will send you home again to think again.

A vote for the SNP is not necessarily a vote for independence. I agree it's only a matter of time, but despite this not everyone in Scotland will be seduced by Nationalist propaganda. Sadly many will vote for it with their Nationalist blinders on, others will fall for the vision of an independent Scotland becoming some kind of oil rich paradise. Which it won't, not even close.

As for England 'Shitting bricks', you are joking right? and '200 years of English rule', both Blair and Brown were Scottish, as are/were many other MP's at Westminster.
08-05-2011 16:05
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

As a proud Scot - I couldn't be less interested in independence

I may be proud to be Scottish, but I am in no way jingoistic in my attitude. I like England. There are a lot of elements of England I prefer to Scotland. There are similar aspects of Ireland and Wales. Why does having Scottish independence automatically mean we'd be better off?

As for the whole "Proud Edwards army" shit - irrelevant. Wow, we won a battle. We also lost so much more. Typically Scottish to big up 1 positive and dismiss all the other negatives simply because they don't fit into the plan Rolleyes

Having more localised say over how our country is run? Yes. Being in charge of our own country and having independence? Not interested.
We may have oil etc off our shores, but it's not scottish companies who own the drilling rights or the tools/manpower to utilise that resource. The best we could hope for is getting a contract with an oil firm in order to obtain subsidies etc in order for them to obtain permission to drill in Scottish waters - so little different to what already exists. You really haven't thought this out too well Big Grin

*and it hasn't been "English rule" - it's been "British rule"

08-05-2011 16:34
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

West Coast religious mafia would never allow it so it is a pointless discussion!!

(06-05-2011 19:30 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Picture the scene Scotland has a referendum on Independence and we vote yes so that will then mean our own separate laws and hence no Ofcom as they will only have control over England. And with this being Scotland I very much doubt we would waste any money on any kind of TV regulator. Let's be honest the weather up here is allways shit so we need something to keep us entertained and warm on these dreach and dreary nights. Your thoughts please.
08-05-2011 16:42
Sm© Away
すべてが言われて終わった後

(07-05-2011 21:57 )tsurugi Wrote:  
(07-05-2011 20:01 )ᴼᴿᴵᴳᴵᴻᴬᴸ Sm© Wrote:  
(06-05-2011 19:30 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Your thoughts please.

If they do, the first signing should be Caty Cole. Might give a real babe a chance of winning "Babe of the year".....Rolleyes

Thats like saying banish man utd from the premier league just so liverpool might have a chance of winning it Wink

You must have missed the irony in my post, Caty only wins because she is on Elite, Not because she is the best...
08-05-2011 17:02
chrislatimer Offline
Banned

Now now smc thats just silly, considering theres a lot more babestation fans on this forum then elite fans.

Caty wins because shes the most consistent
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2011 17:09 by chrislatimer.)
08-05-2011 17:07
Sm© Away
すべてが言われて終わった後

(08-05-2011 17:07 )chrislatimer Wrote:  Now now smc thats just silly, considering theres a lot more babestation fans on this forum then elite fans.

Caty wins because shes the most consistent

[Image: image-5410_4DC6C301.jpg]
08-05-2011 17:22
Thread Closed