Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Powers For Ofcom

eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

New Powers For Ofcom
The Coalition has announced that from December Ofcom will merge with licencing authorities and will be licencing sale of alcoholic beverages.

Gone fishing
10-06-2011 02:22
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Renfrew169 Offline
Senior Poster

RE: NEW POWERS FOR OFCOM
(10-06-2011 02:22 )eccles Wrote:  The Coalition has announced that from December Ofcom will merge with licencing authorities and will be licencing sale of alcoholic beverages.

Oh great! - now we'll have them specifying how much beer I'm allowed to see, what colour it is, the shape and thickness of the container and......will I be allowed to buy it at all before 23.00? lolBounce

1 million, four hundred and fifty seven
thousand, one hundred and seventeenteen
people can't be wrong !!!
You keep looking I'll keep updating the number
10-06-2011 03:04
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

RE: NEW POWERS FOR OFCOM
New regulations will stipulate that you are only allowed to buy alcohol within a pub as ofcom state that is the only way to verify that you are over 18, all alcohol will therefore be banned from all shops as Ofcom do not trust you as you might be giving it to those under the legal age. Also all pubs will be closed on a Sunday as Ofcom deem this unacceptable to be drinking when it is a day for religion. And yes furthermore pubs are only allowed to sell soft drinks during the day incase any kids might have accidently walked into the pub and at 9PM the bar staff can tease you whilst pouring beer lining it up on the counter but you won't be allowed to drink it, only look at it and at 10PM you will be treated to Shandy's and only at 11PM may be proper beer be poured and consumed.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2011 03:31 by Scottishbloke.)
10-06-2011 03:19
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

RE: New Powers For Ofcom
Exactly where I hoped the thread would go. Spirits wont be allowed at all because while they are safe for adults research shows that occasionally teenagers get served and some research suggests that spirits might possibly harm young children if they drink large volumes. To avoid missing drinking time you will be allowed to purchase a Shandy shortly before 10 but not drink it until the clock chimes. Instead you will have to stand around holding it. Sort of a hand shandy.

Gone fishing
10-06-2011 23:46