Posting Machine

RE: Forum activity (or the lack of)
Well said, Sooky! Wonder if this will be deleted? Rolleyes
18-07-2011 00:06
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

I definitely do NOT agree with Sooky (well, most of it, I do ... just can't have someone using the word "ostensibly" on the forum ... makes the rest of us look bad!)

Speaking as someone who has no life (of which to speak) outside the forum, I too have noticed a drop in 'meaningful' contributions recently. All the factors previously mentioned are relevant but I also think the rise of Twitter has played a part as well, both in terms of fans and the models/presenters. Having been on Twitter for a little while now, it is noticeable how sedate the forum feels to me, how disconnected it seems. A bit like a cul-de-sac, instead of a busy intersection. Which is ideal for cappers/uploaders because you've got more chance of your hard work being seen and/or appreciated but it does leave the 'social' element of the forum feeling a bit stagnant. And with more models choosing to do their promotional considerations in a manner that can be 'retweeted' (most of which occur on webcam shows thesedays) it does make our forum feel surplus to requirements.

I don't want to turn this post into a rally cry for the cappers union but, seeing as I'd be very surprised if there are half the uploaders under 30 as there are 30+, it's no shock that the ones who continue to produce caps and vids are slowing down their frequency. Especially as the Vids & Caps Request threads in each section are growing exponentially (big word there, eh Sooks?) Not a complaint about appreciation but the simple fact that, when the new blood doesn't pick up the slack, the uploaded content will drop.

But even taking into account the few remaining channels (about which we can talk), time limitations on posting vids, ofcom, restricted webstreams, black boxes, forum gangs and my controversial loss to rickhardo in last week's caption competition ... the bottom line is still the same...

"You only get out what you put in."

(Not sure to whom to attribute the quote … Ryan Giggs maybe?)
18-07-2011 02:05
admin. Offline
Administrator

Regardless of how many posts there are in the forum, we don't appear to have suffered any loss in traffic so far. The following graph shows traffic to the forum over the last 6 months and doesn't show any obvious decline:

[Image: image-BECE_4E23D8AE.jpg]
18-07-2011 07:58
eagle_si Offline
Account Closed

As you’ve all probably seen, I’ve set my status to “away” and cleaned out my signature and avatar, signalling my intention to take a break from this place, as I’ve grown fed up of too many things on here. My original plan was to take a few days to cool off, then return once I was ready.
I logged in this morning after not doing so for all of yesterday, just for a quick look, and I came across this thread. To begin with there were some very relevant points, notably by gazfc and Scotsman. Then I saw TheWatcher’s post with the comments about the Elite section, and quite frankly I’m appalled that a moderator could have that attitude. It is insulting to me and to a number of other long-term members of this forum who have done a superb job providing content for Elite TV. Well, if most of the posts are “fucking boring” then I’ll do you a favour and stop posting in the Elite sections, if it will make your job any easier. And seeing as almost all of the girls I watch are on that channel, then there’s not really much point in posting at all.
So anyone who's planning on going into Hannah Martin’s thread expecting caps from me should look elsewhere.

Favourite babes remaining: Hannah Martin, Abbey B, Clare Richards, Paige Green, Becky Roberts, Abbee Kimberly, Electra
18-07-2011 10:11
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

I really hope you have a change of heart eagle_si. Take a break by all means, but please don't abandon us mate. You're a good friend on here and I'm sure I'm not alone in saying you're one of the most highly respected cappers on this forum.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR APRIL: ARURA SKY
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2011 11:31 by Regenerated.)
18-07-2011 11:30
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(18-07-2011 02:05 )Forum Sty_e Wrote:  [snip] ... for a little while now, it is noticeable how sedate the forum feels to me, how disconnected it seems. A bit like a cul-de-sac, instead of a busy intersection.

That's a very good analogy.

Admin Wrote:Regardless of how many posts there are in the forum, we don't appear to have suffered any loss in traffic so far. The following graph shows traffic to the forum over the last 6 months and doesn't show any obvious decline.

You've received many thanks for this, Admin, presumably from those that don't agree the forum is quieter now (speak up, men) but I never said traffic was down, just posts. Lurker traffic doesn't count as activity in my book.

(18-07-2011 10:11 )eagle_si Wrote:  Then I saw TheWatcher’s post with the comments about the Elite section, and quite frankly I’m appalled that a moderator could have that attitude. It is insulting to me and to a number of other long-term members of this forum who have done a superb job providing content for Elite TV. Well, if most of the posts are “fucking boring” then I’ll do you a favour and stop posting in the Elite sections, if it will make your job any easier.

Why do people on here take things so personally? Why is it so terrible that TheWatcher finds the Elite posts boring? He's a moderator, but that doesn't mean he has to agree with and like every post he reads!
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2011 13:06 by StanTheMan.)
18-07-2011 13:06
skully Offline

Out of the sections I mod, the only one that I've noticed a real difference in is RLC, which is understandable considering the issue with videos, plus less caps are being posted due to the current stream quality. As for my others, I haven't noticed a significant drop in posts.

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2011 13:52 by skully.)
18-07-2011 13:52
madjack Offline
Senior Poster

I have spent less time viewing this forum lately mainly due to the fact that most of my favourite babes are either away at the moment or dead to me due to cosmetic issues.

When said girls return I will increase my input
18-07-2011 14:29

Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS