Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average

Forum activity (or the lack of)

munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

RE: Forum activity (or the lack of)
I don't know about a lack of activity, but I certainly sense a change in the general content. There seems much more hostility in many of the posts, which in turn contributes to less discussion, who dares enter a discussion when you may get attacked for expressing an opinion which someone else disagrees with. I certainly think twice about posting every time, including posting in this thread!
I think this also explains why so few girls actually post here, I can't blame them. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and should feel free to express it, but that doesn't mean you have to be abusive to others in doing so.
I pretty much abandoned the babestation section because I got bored to death with the constant moaning and whining, with every thread being turned into an anti-OSG tirade. I may agree with the sentiment, but change the record now and then, or at least confine it one thread! Now it seems the rest of the forum is going down a similar path, with ofcom being blamed for everything. There's a section for discussing ofcom, you don't need to mention them in every post in every thread!

I'd agree with some of Sooky's post regarding 'heavy-handed' and inconsistent moderation. I admin a forum, and we try to interfere as little as possible, to encourage participation. If a thread goes off-topic, we ask it go back on, rather than deleting or moving posts left right and centre, and we only usually delete posts if they are offensive or attacking another forum member, and try to use pm's to correct peoples behaviour rather than over-moderating threads and posts. We find this encourages people to get involved, and provides continuity in discussions, and promotes respect towarss other members and their opinions, even if you disagree with them.

A couple of examples of 'odd' moderating from here.
The other day a post got deleted, I'd guess for being overly offensive. But the post had already been responded to, and the response quoted the original post. The response, with quote, was left in place, making the deletion totally pointless.
In a schedule discussion thread, a couple posts mentioned a particular girl and when she was appearing. The posts were moved to that girls discussion thread. The posts were perfectly on-topic in the schedule discussion, but in the girls thread, they appeared totally un-connected to the rest of the discussion there, since the preceding discussion was not present.
A final example, a number of posts in a discussion in the elite section were moved to the babestaion section as they mentioned a BS girl, but they were part of a discussion being held in that thread, so were perfectly valid there. In the bs section they had none of the earlier discussion to explain them, so seemed somewhat out of place.
This kind of thing leads to threads becoming disjointed and disconnected in the kind of way Forum Sty_e suggested, and doesn't promote discussion and participation.
It seems that things that don't need moderating get moderated, and things that probably should be moderated, like openly offensive posts, all too often get left alone creating a hostile and confusing atmosphere where it's often best just to keep out of it and not get involved.

So for me, it's not so much a lack of activity, which always ebbs and flows throughout the year, its more the standard and quality of the content of the posts that needs addressing, let's create an environment where members show a little more respect to each other and the girls we are here to discuss, and that in turn should lead to more interesting and considered discussions, where we can disagree with each other to our hearts content, but still have a good old natter and go away none the worse for wear.

munch

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
18-07-2011 14:31
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

spot on munch and covers what i was going to post here, especially the moderating and the hostile posts. i myseelf have changed my activity, especially when it comes to my fav babechnnel babes. in the past i would spam a babe's thread with what they were up to and it irritated people my "running commentary" so now i just post once the day after

Piper Niven Superfan
18-07-2011 16:51
Chilly Away
Posting Machine

Pfft! The forum is tame as fuck, especially when you compare it to how it was back in the early days. Still, good on babe channel babes for posting on the likes of Twitter or Facebook, I mean, at least that way they can happily encounter people who like to tell the girls how they're going to rape 'em. Rolleyes Yep, best to stay away from this evil forum. Rolleyes
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2011 17:34 by Chilly.)
18-07-2011 17:34
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

Chilly, are you having a breakdown?
18-07-2011 17:49
rickhardo Offline
Evening!

(18-07-2011 17:49 )StanTheMan Wrote:  Chilly, are you having a breakdown?

I think he's been visited by the Sarcasm Fairy.

I don't know where you magic pixies came from, but I like your pixie drink!
18-07-2011 17:51
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

(18-07-2011 16:51 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  spot on munch and covers what i was going to post here, especially the moderating and the hostile posts. i myseelf have changed my activity, especially when it comes to my fav babechnnel babes. in the past i would spam a babe's thread with what they were up to and it irritated people my "running commentary" so now i just post once the day after

Really?!?!?!?!?

I thought it was on this forum that your continual and banal spats with scottishbloke occured - my mistake, must be some other forum
Wink

18-07-2011 18:06
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

my posts in my spats with him were mild compared to some of the posts in the forum

Piper Niven Superfan
18-07-2011 18:58
seth Offline
Master Poster

(18-07-2011 17:34 )Chilly Wrote:  Pfft! The forum is tame as fuck, especially when you compare it to how it was back in the early days.

I lurked here for a couple of weeks before joining. Looking back at those old threads you wouldn't think it was the same forum. Would prefer if it went back to how it was.
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2011 19:01 by seth.)
18-07-2011 19:00
Dan Volatile Offline
1956 Jubilee Butterfly

(18-07-2011 13:06 )StanTheMan Wrote:  You've received many thanks for this, Admin, presumably from those that don't agree the forum is quieter now (speak up, men)

Poppycock.

I thanked it because I like graphs. I'd have given it two thanks if the y-axis was labelled and the units given.

18-07-2011 19:02
cosmonaut Offline
Posting Machine

(18-07-2011 14:31 )munch1917 Wrote:  The other day a post got deleted, I'd guess for being overly offensive. But the post had already been responded to, and the response quoted the original post. The response, with quote, was left in place, making the deletion totally pointless.

It's just possible of course that the original poster thought better of it and deleted his own message.
18-07-2011 19:06

Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS