Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Where are my Thanks?

Captain Vimes Offline
Deus Ex Machina

Where are my Thanks?
Not having a pop at the moderators of this forum, although I did warn you about terence but I have noticed that I have thanked certain posters, evidence Phoenix in the Football Banter thread, which is not showing and yet the Del Thanks button is there sort of like confirming that I thanked him.

Okay it might be a technical fault and I'm not really arsed about the thanks that some people gave me last night have now disappeared but I am arsed about my thanks to other posters going missing. I enjoy giving thanks to other posters.

Sort it out. Wink
08-08-2011 17:14
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
terence Offline

RE: Where are my Thanks?
i've noticed this before. this happens when a post is moved. the post your banging on about was moved from the liverpool thread to the banter thread. although you can no longer see it your thanks remains in their thanks total in the user cp.

not completley useless!Tongue

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
08-08-2011 17:21
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(08-08-2011 17:14 )Captain Vimes Wrote:  Not having a pop at the moderators of this forum, although I did warn you about terence but I have noticed that I have thanked certain posters, evidence Phoenix in the Football Banter thread, which is not showing and yet the Del Thanks button is there sort of like confirming that I thanked him.

Okay it might be a technical fault and I'm not really arsed about the thanks that some people gave me last night have now disappeared but I am arsed about my thanks to other posters going missing. I enjoy giving thanks to other posters.

Sort it out. Wink

When a post has been moved and your thanks no longer shows in the post just delete your origninal thank and then re thank the post and it will show again Smile , that's what i sometimes do anyway .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
08-08-2011 17:40
Captain Vimes Offline
Deus Ex Machina

Erm what happened to the thanks I received last night for my frankly brilliant post concerning,

Again, it's from the famous Rembrandt painting and depicts militia men not pirates.

It is also known as the The Shooting Company of Frans Banning Cocq which to English ears is a funny name.

This is Willem van Ruytenburch and not Johnny Depp.

I could have sworn that HImyNAMEis and maybe Master Yoda, I guessing with Master Yoda, sorry mate if I've impugned your reputation, thanked that post and quite rightly to too, full of culture and philisophical debate.

Admit it. You fucking hate me. WinkWink
08-08-2011 17:40
Captain Vimes Offline
Deus Ex Machina

(08-08-2011 17:40 )mr mystery Wrote:  When a post has been moved and your thanks no longer shows in the post just delete your origninal thank and then re thank the post and it will show again Smile , that's what i sometimes do anyway .

Bloody hell, mr mystery. I am such a serial thanker, thanking here, thanking there, I can't be expected to keep up where I have thanked in the past.

Thanks for your contribution. Wink
08-08-2011 17:45
Money_Shot Offline
ATFC - 1992

Such a thanker
08-08-2011 17:56
Captain Vimes Offline
Deus Ex Machina

No doubt this thread will get reassigned to the Fun Thread.

C'est la vie. Wink
08-08-2011 18:14
terence Offline

(08-08-2011 18:14 )Captain Vimes Wrote:  No doubt this thread will get reassigned to the Fun Thread.

C'est la vie. Wink

then all the thanks will disappear!!Bounce

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
08-08-2011 18:15
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Regenerated Online
An Unearthly Child

Hey Captain - thanks for alerting me to a post which I'd forgot to thank... hopefully I have rectified the offending article now.... Wink

so thanks Captain.... Wink

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR MARCH: ZARA NEVADA
08-08-2011 18:17
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

(08-08-2011 18:17 )Regenerated Wrote:  Hey Captain - thanks for alerting me to a post which I'd forgot to thank... hopefully I have rectified the offending article now.... Wink

so thanks Captain.... Wink

If a lot of posts have been split off and moved or merged with another thread, the thanks disappear from the split thread. If there were many thanks involved and the mod who moved it considers it worth all the extra effort involved, he can ask admin to restore the thanks to those posts. This has been done occasionally in the past.
08-08-2011 19:25