Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.38 Average

Petition

simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

RE: Petition
A petition to disband Ofcom rather than specifically targetting wanting sexstation on TV in place of some of the current laydownandlookbored shows that are on, would probably get you more support and more sensible debate at a higher level. No Government will be seen to back a bill purely to allow girls to get their dildos out and flash the gash on live tv, although im already looking forward to the episode of Have I Got News For You when it is Wink.

However consider...If the government decided to go along with the idea of disbanding Ofcom, they would have to leave over 700 people loosing their jobs. (Are you happy having that on your hands?) I know they have cut jobs in many public sectors but this could send out a number of wrong messages in the middle of a recession with such high long term unemployment . There has already been a wave of backlash against the government for these cuts, a further announcement without sensible reasoning would be a complete PR disaster for DC.

Outside of babeshow fans, most people do not really have a problem with Ofcom, sure there will be small sectors of the viewing public you will be able to unite with against your common foe but generally, they do a fair job. It isnt so much a need to disband more that the whole of their rules and regulations probably need a review and public opinion sought on many issues (not limited to babeshows). There is need for regulation of sorts, just the rules need to fit the purpose..
(This post was last modified: 28-08-2011 11:09 by simplymarko.)
28-08-2011 10:57
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(28-08-2011 10:57 )simplymarko Wrote:  However consider...If the government decided to go along with the idea of disbanding Ofcom, they would have to leave over 700 people loosing their jobs. (Are you happy having that on your hands?)

Perfectly happy. This is Ofcom we're talking about.

But seriously, if not disbanding them, then at least force the government to restrict their power (or more accurately remind them they don't have the power they seem to think they do). There should also be a serious investigation launched into their treatment of the adult channels. But then, of course, we're back to the dirty stuff, which as you say the government don't want to get involved in - at least not in a way which would be seen to be favouring the business.
(This post was last modified: 28-08-2011 13:35 by StanTheMan.)
28-08-2011 13:34
Gambler Offline

I have signed the petition, just to add my contribution, ''every little helps'' - as Tesco would say.

On a more serious note: While this petition clearly comes across as well-thought-out, well-written and professional, I can't help but think we're flogging a dead horse here. After reading through this entire thread, all 10 pages of it, I've come to realize that there isn't nearly enough support for the cause. This thread has been around for about 2 weeks, and in that time the petition has gathered 112 signatures (as of right now) from a forum with 50,000+ members.

Those figures, whichever way you look at the situation are bad, now this could be due to many reasons:

1) Forum members having a lack of interest in this issue, perhaps not willing to go to effort of signing and filling in all of necessary details.
2) Forum members taking the negative, but realistic mindset of thinking that even if they do sign the petition nothing will ever come of it.
3) Forum members who are satisfied with the current state of the babe shows.
4) Forum members who simply don't watch the babe shows enough to voice and opinion on the matter, and probably wouldn't notice a change if this petition was successful.
5) Forum members who simply don't care, and avoid threads such as this like the plague.

I could probably be here all day, listing reasons, but I don't want to make this too long. As for reasons to make this petition more popular, I would take the advice of Money_Shot and go with social networking, as Social Networking seems to be the biggest thing these days in terms of advertising and getting message across to a bigger audience. If you get this message out on sites like: YouTube, Facebook, Twitter you will guarantee more signatures because you're advertising to a bigger mainstream audience.
28-08-2011 22:16
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(28-08-2011 22:16 )Gambler Wrote:  This thread has been around for about 2 weeks, and in that time the petition has gathered 112 signatures (as of right now) from a forum with 50,000+ members.

Those figures, whichever way you look at the situation are bad, now this could be due to many reasons:

1) Forum members having a lack of interest in this issue, perhaps not willing to go to effort of signing and filling in all of necessary details.
2) Forum members taking the negative, but realistic mindset of thinking that even if they do sign the petition nothing will ever come of it.
3) Forum members who are satisfied with the current state of the babe shows.
4) Forum members who simply don't watch the babe shows enough to voice and opinion on the matter, and probably wouldn't notice a change if this petition was successful.
5) Forum members who simply don't care, and avoid threads such as this like the plague.

It's number three all the way!

This is what I've been saying for months now - in fact as far back as when I started the 'Are the fanboys to blame for the current state of the babeshows?' thread, but no one seems to be listening. Okay, so it's only my view and I have no right to insist I have the solution, but I'll say it again. Nothing is going to change while interest in the babeshows is enough to keep them floating above water.

Dozens upon dozens, maybe even hundreds, of people are still calling these shows, night after night after night. The producers are making shitloads of money, and while they are they won't give a flying fuck how dull we (the despondent ones) insist the shows are.

If we want change we have to persuade people to stop calling in - a total boycott, but what right do we have to do that anyway? It's their money.
(This post was last modified: 28-08-2011 23:38 by StanTheMan.)
28-08-2011 23:35
simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

Stan I agree with you completely on this one, what reason is there to change when the channels are making happy profit as it is. old proverb - if it aint broke dont fix it.
Besides remember alot of girls probably dont want to go any further on the shows and dont let what they tell you on the phone fool you Wink
29-08-2011 00:28
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

112 it still isn't good enough, yes as has been pointed out 50,000+ members and that's the piss end total, yes be negative if you want but if we could get 50,000+ members to sign, it would get noticed, the channels these days are downright depressing, you can't even get an encrypted show on SKY, yes certainly these channels will get their regular callers but I'm 100% certain if the rules were changed to reflect an adult show that the current total would be at least twice as much callers, I mean why the fuck would you regularly call a censored show at these prices, even if it's just for a chat, at £1.53 a minute I expect to at the very least see the fanny. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/13222
29-08-2011 02:01
iloveMegan Offline
And Rebecca Jade

(29-08-2011 02:01 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  if we could get 50,000+ members to sign, it would get noticed

We can barely get any of those 50,000 posting on here.

(29-08-2011 02:01 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  I'm 100% certain if the rules were changed to reflect an adult show that the current total would be at least twice as much callers

I'm not sure there would be an increase in callers. Many people ring up to ask the girl to get naked or do something in particular. If the girl is already doing so, and able to do so to a much greater degree than is currently allowed, I imagine many people will be happy to just watch for free.

"You are rude" - Michelle Thorne
"haha ilM you sick bastard" - Rev Tsu

This is the internet! How else can I communicate with you other than from behind my computer screen?
29-08-2011 03:20
simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

(29-08-2011 02:01 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  112 it still isn't good enough, yes as has been pointed out 50,000+ members and that's the piss end total, yes be negative if you want but if we could get 50,000+ members to sign, it would get noticed,

......no it wouldnt, Government will not use discretion just because you got less than half the number of signatures required but put up a good effort.
That isnt saying dont bother trying its just keeping everyone getting excited about this prospect 'grounded'

(29-08-2011 02:01 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  the channels these days are downright depressing,

nobody forces you to watch, theres always myfreecams, cam4 etc where you can watch people going at it and chat to them for free

(29-08-2011 02:01 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  I'm 100% certain if the rules were changed to reflect an adult show that the current total would be at least twice as much callers,
On what basis do you have this logic? its still at least £1.50 a min to have a wank. People are not going to rush to get more phone credit just because the girl has a dildo or showing lips. people either call or have seen through it as a bit of a waste of cash
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2011 10:42 by simplymarko.)
29-08-2011 10:05
dazaman Away
Posting Machine

(28-08-2011 22:16 )Gambler Wrote:  Twitter you will guarantee more signatures because you're advertising to a bigger mainstream audience.

It was put on Twitter on saturday by me and Admin from this site.

50,000+ members means 113 active members, most don't look at whats written on a forum they just come for content.

Others won't sign because they don't think it will change anything, then those who want to stay anonymous as you have to give a valid home address.

This petition as been pushed more than most, the content wanted on FTA by me at least is more like things where like Babestar and others, but as marko says will it mean more callers, i very much doubt it.

I want this petition to do well but i have no high hopes.

If it does pass it would be more of an affect on the forums as more (might) post about the shows, which does not really benefit the channels for callers.

EDIT: Plus there are more than just UK members on this and other sites that can't add there signature as its UK only.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/13222

You can follow me on Twitter
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2011 12:24 by dazaman.)
29-08-2011 12:00
jimmyt73 Offline
Lola Knight fan

count me in lets hope this government starts to leave adults to make their own decisions about what they view

im always open to positive change
29-08-2011 14:04