Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.38 Average

Petition

StanTheMan Offline
Banned

RE: Petition
(29-08-2011 10:05 )simplymarko Wrote:  
(29-08-2011 02:01 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  the channels these days are downright depressing,

nobody forces you to watch, theres always myfreecams, cam4 etc where you can watch people going at it and chat to them for free

Marko, as has been stressed by a few people on here, Scottishbloke included, this goes much deeper than us just wanting more fanny. It's far more about putting a stop to the illegal activities of Ofcom.
29-08-2011 15:07
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Yes certainly it does go a hell of a lot further, as part of the European Union Ofcom are clearly in breach of their duties, as has been highlighted various times, it's only their job to lightly moderate the content on screen, not to draw up these strict rules which currently exists, these types of shows are only restricted to the Adult Channels, so realistically Ofcom can't and shouldn't expect them to adhere to the rest of the rules which the more mainstream channels have to follow. In a democratic society all tastes have to be catered for by law and that means wank channels too as you cannot discrimate against any type of subject matter. A solution needs to be worked out as we have the technology in place to do so, if people are not happy with these types of channels either they change to let's say Virgin Media as they don't carry the channels or better still phone up SKY and have them permanently blocked if they are too stupid to know how to block them with the pin code method that currently exists. I am all in favour of a strategy being worked out so that we might finally have a show that justifies the channel's purpose in the first place. Whether this be put in place by Ofcom or any future censor remains to be seen but one day like it or not Ofcom these channels will be dragged out of the draconian repressive rules into the more liberal 21st Century as the current shows I don't think will survive much longer in their lame current format, drastic changes are needed now to ensure the long term service of these types of shows. Please at the very least sign the petition in the meantime to show support for this important cause.
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/13222
It's official only 116 people on this forum give a damn about change, so looks like we have plenty of fanboys obviously delighted with the dross that's being served up night after night and their was me thinking more people were bothered, well obviously not. The numbers don't lie.
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2011 00:10 by Scottishbloke.)
29-08-2011 15:47
Roquentin Offline
Master Poster

Well Stan and Scottish, I've already signed so at this point on this issue I think that ought to make me one of your top favourite 0.1% of all forum members! (please keep that in mind Big Grin)

But as a measure of moderation I still quite like the shows we have at the moment. I like the girls for lots of reasons not just full nudity and I think the difference in content we're talking about is slightly splitting hairs, which over time we'd still want to see more and go further anyways, part of human nature I suppose.

As for boycotting, that's a bit ott (as you say yourself.) I am relieved that the channels are viable under the guidelines as they are, and hopeful that things dont get much worse. Smile
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2011 02:01 by Roquentin.)
30-08-2011 01:49
Gold Plated Pension Offline
paid to sip tea

(29-08-2011 15:07 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(29-08-2011 10:05 )simplymarko Wrote:  
(29-08-2011 02:01 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  the channels these days are downright depressing,

nobody forces you to watch, theres always myfreecams, cam4 etc where you can watch people going at it and chat to them for free

Marko, as has been stressed by a few people on here, Scottishbloke included, this goes much deeper than us just wanting more fanny. It's far more about putting a stop to the illegal activities of Ofcom.

The government are carrying out a further review of regulators who have a disproportionate effect on all SME's (Small and medium enterprises). The documents landed on my desk last week but with holidays i have not been able to fully check them out. I believe the documents are furthering the work of the Hampton and Macrory reviews and i believe the broadcast channels can imput their comments about Ofc@m, not just the babe channels but Sky, Virgin etc who have voiced concern before. It may be that forum members may also be able to comment, i will get the documents tomorrow and review them but i am sure that the illegal workings of the regulator are not fully known to government. These reviews have been going on for some years and the government departments, quango's and local authorities already identified have vastly improved their enforcement protocols to reduce the burden on the SME's they effect.

Generally Following

http://www.openrightsgroup.org/

http://www.indexoncensorship.org/

http://www.backlash-uk.org.uk/wp/

http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/faqmf.htm

http://www.bis.gov.uk/brdo/publications/...sultations

Expect a Civil Service
Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.
30-08-2011 02:31
HEX!T Away
Retired

the whole point is that adults should be allowed to make there own informed choices as to what they can watch, what they do watch and what they choose not to watch, instead of being told this is what you are allowed to watch.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
30-08-2011 06:01
sweetsugar007 Offline
Big Ass Lover

As long as Ofcom can justify their activities by claiming they are protecting the vulnerable this will not change. I just cannot see the shows changing until some sort of encryption is introduced.

I suspect this is why BSX has a faithful following.

Spiderman,Spiderman,does whatever a Spider can!!!
30-08-2011 06:09
blackjaques Offline
Senior Poster

(30-08-2011 06:09 )sweetsugar007 Wrote:  As long as Ofcom can justify their activities by claiming they are protecting the vulnerable this will not change. I just cannot see the shows changing until some sort of encryption is introduced.

I suspect this is why BSX has a faithful following.

Yes, but they still insist that children are watching these shows (on the back of some very, very circumstantial evidence). That is the only reason why BSX cannot show full-on penetration. Ofcon have made it up to suit themselves.

P.S. I have signed the petition. Good luck with that.
30-08-2011 07:24
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

At first when I seen this thread, I thought fantastic, after all the moaning and injustices against the channels that the majority if not all of the forum would sign the petition and that would have counted for at least half the amount of signatures needed to force a debate by the MP's in the house of commons, as it has turned out only 120 have signed so that method from what I can see is now dead and buried. If we had at least had 50 thousand signatures it wouldn't have gone unnoticed but now the best we can hope for is that the government call's time on ofcom or the complaints against the regulator come from the TV channels themselves who are feeling the wrath. But how exactly did we ever find ourselves in this predicament, well traditionally we've allways had a regulator even under the John Major era of the early 90's and that regulator was called the ITC. But their focus at the time was more or less just making sure that broadcasters stuck to the 9 O'Clock watershed and punished channels accordingly if this rule was breached. But after 9 anything more or less went. Remember this was also in the pre digital era so it wasn't possible back then to block the channels which we can do now and also all the satelite's were Astra 1 at the time so the whole of Europe shared the same signal so you never had to miss out what Johnny Foreigner had at his disposal. But back to the point if we had things such as Babe Show's back then I can guarantee you that little or no fuss would be made over them either be it from the regulator at the time or the public. The ITC more or less only concentrated on terrestrial tv and not so much SKY or Cable because they were seen as luxury's and whatever was broadcast was more or less the choice of the subscribers and had nothing to do with the ITC. Ofcom meanwhile have just gotten too big for their boots and need to be brought down a peg or 2 which will happen, they are not liked by any of the channels and their future is anything but guaranteed. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/13222
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2011 17:36 by Scottishbloke.)
30-08-2011 17:34
blackjaques Offline
Senior Poster

We have what we have, Scottishbloke. Whatever went before Ofcon have taken censorship to another level. They were going to allow full R18 (how, really, could they deny its broadcasting)?

Someone stepped in and used their influence to ban full R18. We now have the legacy of that policy still in evidence on our screens, down to what the unencrypted babechannels are allowed to broadcast.

There is a huge fear in Ofcon about allowing more explicit sexual material on UK TV.
30-08-2011 20:13
Chilly Away
Posting Machine

Was the link added to the other forums like the BGAFD one?

Edit: Ah, I see it was.
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2011 21:23 by Chilly.)
30-08-2011 21:04