Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average

The "happy" Thread AKA "not the "pissed off thread"

Foggy Mainwaring Offline
Senior Poster

RE: The "happy" Thread AKA "not the "pissed off thread"
(22-10-2018 18:52 )goatman222 Wrote:  ^^
It would only be the sack and crack
As above my waist i look like a 10 year old ...

Brain to go with it, Bounce
No offence goatman, but it was there for the taking.
Glad you survived IKEA.

Listen men, he who controls Walmington - On - Sea controls England.
22-10-2018 22:48
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Goatman Offline
King Of Goats

Super mean foggy bladewave
But kinda true Rolleyes

I miss Amber Coen
23-10-2018 17:41
Foggy Mainwaring Offline
Senior Poster

I don't believe it's true at all goatman, but I can't resist an opening when I see it.
That's probably because I have a very inquisitive nature.
Back in the late 1950's, could only have been about 5 or 6, mom had one of those electric irons that had a small light bulb in a socket on the side of the iron.
Quite modern at the time they were.
Anyway, the bulb on me mom's iron was missing and I said, still remember them exact words "Mom, what's that hole for?", whilst poking a finger into said hole.

Soon found out, didn't I.

23-10-2018 17:52
Foggy Mainwaring Offline
Senior Poster

As the saying goes, "little things please little minds", and that is so true in my case.

Went shopping today at a retail park, and the wife does her bit and I go and stand in the top floor of a store that overlooks a railway line.
Just as the wife re-joins me, (I often come apart), I notice a very familiar shape out of the corner of my eye, slowly coming up to a red signal.
I can only see the first few feet of the nose of the loco, and says to the wife that's a 37.
I tell her I must go outside and as close to the line I can get before the train gets clearance to move.
By the lineside, I can see two 37s, one at each end of an Overhead Cable Inspection Train, just gently throbbing away, then a beautiful crescendo of music as 2 English Electric 12CSVT engines roar into life and take the train away.

I just stood there in awe of the sight and sounds that took me back to the period of the the 60s - 80s, when I was an avid train spotter and railway photographer.

For those that want to know what excited me today, this is an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c3yLAakwkg

PS. You may need to copy and paste the link into your browser as just right clicking and opening doesn't play any sound, wich is just as important as the vid.

Enjoy one of the most orgasmic sounds ever. Smile

23-10-2018 20:30
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

Went to see Blackpool Illuminations last night, first time in 3 years. Quite fun.

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
25-10-2018 08:18
HannahsPet Online
Posting Machine

keep meaning to go never do only a train ride away as well

used to go every year as a kid with other mates 7 of us in the back of a bedford rascal Tongue Tongue Tongue those were the days l

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2018 12:01 by HannahsPet.)
25-10-2018 11:57
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

(23-10-2018 20:30 )Foggy Mainwaring Wrote:  As the saying goes, "little things please little minds", and that is so true in my case.

Went shopping today at a retail park, and the wife does her bit and I go and stand in the top floor of a store that overlooks a railway line.
Just as the wife re-joins me, (I often come apart), I notice a very familiar shape out of the corner of my eye, slowly coming up to a red signal.
I can only see the first few feet of the nose of the loco, and says to the wife that's a 37.
I tell her I must go outside and as close to the line I can get before the train gets clearance to move.
By the lineside, I can see two 37s, one at each end of an Overhead Cable Inspection Train, just gently throbbing away, then a beautiful crescendo of music as 2 English Electric 12CSVT engines roar into life and take the train away.

I just stood there in awe of the sight and sounds that took me back to the period of the the 60s - 80s, when I was an avid train spotter and railway photographer.

For those that want to know what excited me today, this is an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c3yLAakwkg

PS. You may need to copy and paste the link into your browser as just right clicking and opening doesn't play any sound, wich is just as important as the vid.

Enjoy one of the most orgasmic sounds ever. Smile

you sir are clearly a man of class being a fan of the greatest loco to ever run in this country, i my self have had many 1000's of miles behind them bashing all over the country from Cornwall to the far north of Scotland and full agree it is the best sound you will ever hear, last time i checked been behind 182 different 37's happy days, will be in Norwich for 2 days next month spending all day riding behind them between Norwich and Great Yarmouth cant wait

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
25-10-2018 16:00
Foggy Mainwaring Offline
Senior Poster

(25-10-2018 16:00 )winsaw Wrote:  you sir are clearly a man of class being a fan of the greatest loco to ever run in this country, i my self have had many 1000's of miles behind them bashing all over the country from Cornwall to the far north of Scotland and full agree it is the best sound you will ever hear, last time i checked been behind 182 different 37's happy days, will be in Norwich for 2 days next month spending all day riding behind them between Norwich and Great Yarmouth cant wait

Certainly a wonderful testament to a great loco, that it is still performing main line passenger duties 50 years on.
I loved all the English Electric locomotives, from the humble 08 shunter to the mighty Deltics.
My overall favourite was the EE Type 4 (Class 40), which appeared frequently in the Wolves area on passenger duties, before electrification cascaded them down to freight turns, in the mid-60s.
But even during the '70s and early '80s, I was photographing them and 37s on the North Wales line and the Trans-Pennine routes.

Such magnificent sounds, not like the sanitised hair dryer sounds of today.

Enjoy the Gt Yarmouth - Norwich runs.
Can we expect some caps? Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 25-10-2018 17:06 by Foggy Mainwaring.)
25-10-2018 17:02
Foggy Mainwaring Offline
Senior Poster

Sophia Lares & Tara Spades on the same night. SmileSmileSmile

Everything comes to he who waits.

25-10-2018 22:18
darren73 Offline
Picture Posting God

Really happy today I had no work for next week and now I have 4 days of work SmileSmile

Forum awards picture posting winner 2014/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2021/2023

Also Scarlett Jones PA on the forum
26-10-2018 13:38

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles