Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Is Censorship A Necessary Evil?

RESPONSIBLE ADULT Offline
Banned

Is Censorship A Necessary Evil?
Without censorship would the Babechannels and the forums such as this be a much more forbidding place to visit. Or would it bring a choice of freedom of expression, and a freedom of speech, to which I think we should all have access to. I ask the question because. remarkable as it seems, some members on these boards would feel uncomfortable if we had total freedom.
04-10-2011 22:57
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Money_Shot Offline
ATFC - 1992

RE: Is censorship a necessary evil
Perhaps the grip of censorship is to tight.

I am not asking for total freedom by any means, but we live in a relatively liberated country and what is good for the goose is good for the gander. You can't have offensive jokes about rape on a mainstream channel then a babe having to cover up on an adult channel post watershed.

The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
05-10-2011 00:14
rockey Offline
Banned

who gets to pick whats right or wrong and why would anybody feel they have the right........there are laws full stop, opinions are not under there juristiction, you dont like something dont do it, dont watch it, but if you feel you have the right to stop someone else that i feel is bullshit......i like how money shot says we are not asking for total freedom.....i would never ask that, but i would always expect that, as its my birthright......and anybody that thinks they can deny my freedom better do it out of my reach on any subject
05-10-2011 22:32
Money_Shot Offline
ATFC - 1992

(05-10-2011 22:32 )rockey Wrote:  who gets to pick whats right or wrong and why would anybody feel they have the right........there are laws full stop, opinions are not under there juristiction, you dont like something dont do it, dont watch it, but if you feel you have the right to stop someone else that i feel is bullshit......i like how money shot says we are not asking for total freedom.....i would never ask that, but i would always expect that, as its my birthright......and anybody that thinks they can deny my freedom better do it out of my reach on any subject

I didn't actually say "I would never ask that" ... I said "I'm not asking for it" . The difference being I wouldn't ask for what doesn't exist. If you think your free. Tell me, what is freedom ?

The simple fact we have Ofcom monitoring what we can and can't watch on TV suggests we are far from free.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 22:38 by Money_Shot.)
05-10-2011 22:36
rockey Offline
Banned

a quick example got sky over 10 years ago very quickly got fed up with the repetive american rubbish.... saw year after year it was getting worse so about 8 years ago bought a motorised satelite......great move had the quality and variety i wanted , tv became entertaining and unpredictable again and i am not just talking erotica but sport, movies, everything ....you get an insight into different cultures the good the bad and the ugly.....that all changed about 3 years ago when sky got into that market.....ofcom aint the problem greed is the problem and the corporations like sky can neutralise the entire cultural diverstity of the different european countries and hermogenise them into this americanised marketing rubbish.......they have no legal right to create a monopoly leaving fta channels a mixture of qvc and god and cookery shows but thats what they did, they dont have a legal right to do this but money talks bullshit walks....in fact a monoply is illegal but you pay the right people create certain quangos like for example ofcom and everybodies quids in.....murdoch should have been sent packing with his sky network in the boot of his car for good
05-10-2011 23:12
Money_Shot Offline
ATFC - 1992

Well put good sir!

05-10-2011 23:21
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

I think places such as this forum do suffer sometimes with censorship being dished out by Ofcom and other regulators. People feel more reluctant to take part in discussions like this, and even more reluctant to contribute with videos, caps etc when they know there's more than a 50-50 chance of them being removed.

On the other hand though, there has to be some limits. In any walk of life, we may not agree with rules, and it is our right not to agree with all rules, but the fact is that some directives in life are there for protection purposes.

I just feel though that Ofcom have made some unreasonable demands - and a lot of them brought on by outside influences. A lot of the channels have tried to buck the system and been punished for it. The Bangbabes saga is the prime example of what happens when censorship becomes overbearing.

I have noticed a lot more channels pushing nudity a lot more recently. All so far within the confines of the laws, but Ofcom can be such bastards that you never know what they'll pick up on next..

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR MARCH: ZARA NEVADA
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2011 00:35 by Regenerated.)
06-10-2011 00:34
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

(06-10-2011 00:34 )Regenerated Wrote:  I have noticed a lot more channels pushing nudity a lot more recently. All so far within the confines of the laws, but Ofcom can be such bastards that you never know what they'll pick up on next..

There things come and go. The channels push it a bit, perhaps they even think they have been given the green light. Then a few months later forum members are complaining about how dull content is again because there has been a clamp down. To give an analogy, plenty of people do more than 70 on motorways, with tacit approval of the authorities, but that doesnt make it legal or prevent licences being taken away the one day the speed limit does get enforced. Only changing the law will actually make a significant and lasting difference.

Gone fishing
06-10-2011 01:30
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

I think part of the problem for is that in the past if the babe channels were crap we could allways find something erotic elsewhere on the other channels such as Men And Motors and Bravo but these channels have now closed down as has others like them, we are being starved on any kind of late night sexy tv now. I also do agree that far too much American products and values are making their way onto the SKY channels which just isn't beffiting our cultural part of life and is a poor reflection on 21st Century Britain, for example why have SKY refusing to show any European Channels apart from TV5 which is the French equlivent of the BBC. We are seeing far too much snobery creeping into those how run SKY and so we have now have 2 problems to deal with, SKY TV agenda for trying to Americanise our viewing habits and also Ofcom for fucking up the Babe Channels which in reality are British to the very core. Too much prudish and censorship currently exists so SKY are as much to blame these days in many ways as Ofcom are, infact it wouldn't surprise me in the least if SKY do indeed have an Ofcom mole working for them at the top and making the big decisions that has affected our late night fix of sexy TV.
06-10-2011 07:15
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

[Image: untitled_181.jpg]

06-10-2011 14:23