Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average

Should the channels lower their ratings from 18?

mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

Should the channels lower their ratings from 18?
Seeing how we can't see a normal body part on adult channels, how in any way can these channels be rated 18??? To me, that's false advertising.

Anyone else think they should change their ratings to 15?
08-10-2011 13:56
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Should the channels lower their ratings from 18?
People who call the channels on a night show have to be 18 or over to do so - don't they? If so, then the channels surely have no choice in this matter and are required by law to specify this '18' rating'?

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
08-10-2011 14:02
Starblade Offline
:|

No. Its a step in the wrong direction. We just have to wait and hope that government realizes that a certain amount of censorship should be done in the home by the adults responsible.

We are well and truly in the digital age after all. Don't want anyone to see it? Just block the channels.
08-10-2011 14:05
jimmyt73 Offline
Lola Knight fan

(08-10-2011 13:56 )mrmann Wrote:  Seeing how we can't see a normal body part on adult channels, how in any way can these channels be rated 18??? To me, that's false advertising.

i think the trouble is they have been showing 15 rated material for a while but no one seems to want to officially own up to it and if u took away the need 4 090 numbers to be used most the companies would make enough money from these lines look at what has happend to b\s1 it has turned into a pic and video advert channel with a supposedly necessary diffrent presenter evey night.i bet if u count up the time a babe actually spends topless in these shows it would be less than 50 percent of her time on screen

im always open to positive change
08-10-2011 14:15
iamthatjack Offline
Banned

(08-10-2011 14:05 )Starblade Wrote:  No. Its a step in the wrong direction. We just have to wait and hope that government realizes that a certain amount of censorship should be done in the home by the adults responsible.

We are well and truly in the digital age after all. Don't want anyone to see it? Just block the channels.

The government will never ever talk about anything like this, they have actual important stuff to be getting one with, why on Earth would they give a fly fucking about the sex channels?
08-10-2011 16:44
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Id like to see them try to take the same restrictive approach to the religious channels.

Gone fishing
09-10-2011 01:46
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(08-10-2011 14:02 )skateguy Wrote:  People who call the channels on a night show have to be 18 or over to do so - don't they? If so, then the channels surely have no choice in this matter and are required by law to specify this '18' rating'?

No I don't think that's entirely correct. The rating on the EPG is generally down to the channels as far as I know and is not regulated by law. Any channel can put anything it wants on the EPG data. Sky make their own (separate) judgement and may move a channel into the adult section regardless of whether they want to be categorised as adult or not. That the channels have no choice about, but the EPG data itself I think is entirely up to them and they can use any rating they like. Of course if they use a rating less than 18 it might be argued that they are promoting their premium rate telephone lines to under 18s, in which case they could potentially get into trouble with PayPhonePlus?
09-10-2011 10:03
al4 Offline
Daytime wanking rocks

(08-10-2011 13:56 )mrmann Wrote:  Seeing how we can't see a normal body part on adult channels, how in any way can these channels be rated 18??? To me, that's false advertising.

err, no. Why the hell would they ? They would off air in a day.

09-10-2011 10:32
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(08-10-2011 14:02 )skateguy Wrote:  People who call the channels on a night show have to be 18 or over to do so - don't they? If so, then the channels surely have no choice in this matter and are required by law to specify this '18' rating'?

People who call the day shows also have to be 18 or over as well and most of the babe channels at day time don't have any rating whatsoever , some have in the past put a PG in the day time channel EPG , also most babe channels for the 9pm-10pm "tease hour" put a 15 rating in their EPG even though you have to be over 18 to call and the chat is adult in nature , my guess is the channels rate them selves "18" to try and convince viewers that the visual content is 18+ in nature when in reality we all know it isn't . The 18+ rating that channels give themselves is clearly misleading and don't forget some channels do dirty talk on day time tv and don't give themselves have a 18 cert rating , the channel EPG rating is supposed to be for visual and audio content and not because you have to be over 18 in order to ring the channels . At present the visual content and language used by the girls on the free to air babe channels is definitely not 18+ in nature .

{edit} just a thought , i wonder what the people who rate DVD's , give film classifications etc would rate the visual and audio content of the free to air babe channels ? , my guess they'd barely reach a 15 cert

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 15:47 by mr mystery.)
09-10-2011 10:59
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Are you sure on that one as I'm 100% positive that to phone the babe shows during the day that the same rule still applies that you have to be 18 to phone them but any age to watch them and going by the content that is currently being broadcast at night time it's a patronising insult that any of them should be labelled as 18+ when you see the kind of content that is broadcast. You also have to be 18 to phone and order anything from any of the teleshopping channels also.
09-10-2011 14:33