Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Question To The Members Regarding Screen Caps

aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

RE: Question To The Members Regarding Screen Caps
(18-10-2011 23:22 )Forum Style Wrote:  Especially considering that I am one of a dying breed of DVD footage uploaders (as opposed to webstreamers) and I can't compete with their miniscule file sizes.

Surprisedeekshocked

I have to sometimes split mine into two files, just to keep it under the 1 gig limit for free users. Rolleyes If that's what you call miniscule, then the average must be microscopic. laugh
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2011 14:09 by aceman65.)
19-10-2011 14:07
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dirk362 Away
Farewell to one and all...

As both a capper/poster and also a viewer of other peoples, I tend to find it's the content that decides whether I click through to see the picture.
Given I'd also found people weren't doing this, I just started posting my caps as non-clickable in the first place thereby taking away the option. If it's "important" to understand the underlying video download then I post larger pics. If not, then thumbnails only.
People either will or won't download something and it's usually got very little to do with the caps - it's whoever the content is of. If I post some Camilla Jayne, it will be downloaded no matter what. If I post Dani O'Neal the same is true.
All that said, sometimes you do start to wonder the benefit to forum members vs effort you put in...
04-11-2011 23:00
Addison Away
Lukewarm water

Caps used to get posted with a clip link and be there to indicate content. They've now become a thing in themselves, and - whisper it - a quick way to bump up post totals ("Oo! 1000 posts! Someone wheel a cake in!") and rep points. I post barely any clips these days, but when I do I stick deliberately small caps alongside - they're there to support the clip, they're not meant to be an alternative to it. Caps without an accompanying clip to download are basically just a tease.
07-11-2011 01:49
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(18-10-2011 17:49 )aceman65 Wrote:  It's not that I'm going to stop posting them. I know people like them, as all the cap posts get plenty of thanks. I'm just curious as to the reason that the thumbnails are not clicked on. Other than just lazyness. bladewave

I don't particularly like those hot-linked one's that take you the image host, but not the image. I consider those as spam. Rolleyes

But I can't see that being the reason putting people off.

I had a thought the other day while looking for a free adult image host. I found a few, but they all operate the same way, you have to go to their site to see the full size pic and then you're hit with ads and webcams.

However, there is an alternative, and that alternative is to use the blogging platform blogger as your free image host. You can get round the issue of them not being keen on adult images by not actually posting them, and instead save them to draft once you've uploaded them so that they don't actually appear on the blog. Once you've uploaded your image and saved to draft, you can then hit the html tab on the post editor and grab the image's direct url. You can then embed the image in your posts here, full size and without the need for anyone to click through to a image hosts.

Just like this:

[Image: _36973_camel_toe.jpg]
07-11-2011 03:58

Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS