babestation xtra

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

New! Babestation Xtreme Website Launches

dirk362 Away
Farewell to one and all...

RE: New! Babestation Xtreme website launches
My biggest gripe if I have to have one (and being a grumpy old sod, of course I do) is that you can't download the vids. They're streaming only and that's just annoying... (especially for us bandwidth challenged customers who live out in the sticks with poor speeds and poor bandwidth allowances)

On another note, is there any intention to provide content outside the pre-recorded stuff ? I mean things like the Liveshows and any special events on the Naked Babestation shows.
31-10-2011 20:09
Find all posts by this user
gator8 Offline
Senior Poster

(31-10-2011 20:09 )dirk362 Wrote:  My biggest gripe if I have to have one (and being a grumpy old sod, of course I do) is that you can't download the vids. They're streaming only and that's just annoying... (especially for us bandwidth challenged customers who live out in the sticks with poor speeds and poor bandwidth allowances)

On another note, is there any intention to provide content outside the pre-recorded stuff ? I mean things like the Liveshows and any special events on the Naked Babestation shows.

Have to agree I don't like the streaming only.
31-10-2011 20:51
SirAssAlot Away
Ban All Ass Lickers!!!!

Does any 1 know if there's much content on the site?? I don't want to waste money joining it if there's very little there.

Why members post content that's not shown to the public is beyond me.
Because of certain posts they’ve now blacked out the cams or moved them out of the way so we can’t see anything. Thanks guys you really know how to screw things up for the rest of us...
Over my 6 years of being a forum member I've never seen anything so stupid...
01-11-2011 17:45
babestation Offline
Since 2002

Currently there are 25 HD videos, all around 25-30 mins long each, and around 12 picture sets. We're adding content to the site every day though, so this will quickly increase

http://www.babestationcams.com - Your favourite Babestation girls in hot daily cam shows!
http://www.babestation.tv - 180+ Girls, 50,000+ Pictures, 200+ Videos

Connect with Babestation! Twitter | Instagram
01-11-2011 18:41
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
pm74 Offline
Master Poster

Should I stop my subscription to babestation website and have babestation extreme instead?

Can't afford both
is all the good content going to head here from now on or should I stick to where I am?
01-11-2011 19:42
Grawth Offline
Senior Poster

(01-11-2011 18:41 )babestation Wrote:  Currently there are 25 HD videos, all around 25-30 mins long each, and around 12 picture sets. We're adding content to the site every day though, so this will quickly increase

Well, I'm a member and I can only find 20 videos - god knows where you're hiding the other 5.

Have to say, while I like the content, and the updates do seem to be coming regularly at the mo, I too am disappointed at the "streaming only" video content. I would also like to see the stronger camera angles from previous (and future) live shows.
02-11-2011 12:25
babestation Offline
Since 2002

(31-10-2011 20:09 )dirk362 Wrote:  My biggest gripe if I have to have one (and being a grumpy old sod, of course I do) is that you can't download the vids. They're streaming only and that's just annoying... (especially for us bandwidth challenged customers who live out in the sticks with poor speeds and poor bandwidth allowances)

we have these all recorded (liveshows and naked bs) and they will be appearing on the site soon, we just need to get them all encoded into the appropriate formats and they'll be added to the content schedule.

regarding the downloading of videos, it's something we need to look at as a company and decide how we want to proceed with it. a lot of other companies are now removing the option of download, due to the sheer amount of people ripping site content onto forums/tubes the minute it goes up.

would you guys prefer a lower bandwidth version of the streaming video made available if you have buffering issues?

http://www.babestationcams.com - Your favourite Babestation girls in hot daily cam shows!

02-11-2011 13:18
dirk362 Away
Farewell to one and all...

(02-11-2011 13:18 )babestation Wrote:  would you guys prefer a lower bandwidth version of the streaming video made available if you have buffering issues?

That's a difficult one to answer. Effectively I'm wanting my cake and to eat it. Meaning if I've paid to subscribe, I want to download the content. A lower quality version isn't appetising (in my humble opinion).

But I can see your conundrum - plenty of stuff does get ripped from sites, posted all over the place, and you loose revenue.
I'm loathe to suggest any form of DRM/watermarking as that will likely cause you overheads/costs in both production and ongoing support.

Bit of a catch-22 situation Huh Ultimately if it's not costing you much in the way of lost subscribers, then I'd be inclined to ignore our bleating on this forum as effectively people will always find it easier to complain than to congratulate.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2011 18:36 by dirk362.)
02-11-2011 17:29
babestation Offline
Since 2002

i totally see where you're coming from as a user, but I also have to see the business side too haha.

i'll have a chat with the directors and see what they're comfortable with. I may suggest a per-user request form, where you can opt-in to being able to download files with some sort of quick moderation process.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2011 17:46 by babestation.)
02-11-2011 17:46
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(02-11-2011 13:18 )babestation Wrote:  regarding the downloading of videos, it's something we need to look at as a company and decide how we want to proceed with it. a lot of other companies are now removing the option of download, due to the sheer amount of people ripping site content onto forums/tubes the minute it goes up.

Yes it's definitely the way things are going. I've noticed the trend in that direction. I think you should stick to your guns and offer streaming only, since this is becoming common now.
03-11-2011 11:29
Thread Closed 

babestation xtra