Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average

Ofcom - Financial Penalty For SEL

blackjaques Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Ofcom - Financial Penalty For SEL
(23-12-2011 20:57 )Grawth Wrote:  Ofcom are not protecting me from anything. Ofcom have taken away my freedom to choose. Anything legal should be broadcastable, and if you don't want to watch it, then don't. If you accidentally see it, then switch over. Be a grown-up for crying out loud. Take responsibility. Live your own life and let others live theirs. Protect your own children - don't rely on someone else to do it for you and then complain if they see a bit of naked flesh when a large number of parents are quite happy to buy 18 rated games for their 14 year old son to play, or for their 10 year old to be on facebook.

I take responsibilty for my actions, and for what my children do and see. Why am I in the minority?

I don't think you are in the minority. Ofcon have skewed the evidence to suit their own agenda i.e Page 3 tits and bums on free channels and Confessions of a Window Cleaner for the pay channels is what they tolerate.
24-12-2011 07:35
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(23-12-2011 15:06 )Digital Dave Wrote:  I'm not sure why you're taking this accusatory line decker. It makes no sense. You can't take someone to court on behalf of someone else. It's up to the injured party to instigate proceedings. John Gaunt was the injured party.

Jon Gaunt challenged an Ofcom ruling which had been made against TalkSport, because TalkSport had not challenged it and he disagreed with both the ruling which had been made and TalkSport's acceptance of it. So Gaunt was not the injured party in the case because the ruling was not against him personally and accordingly in suing Ofcom he appears to have been effectively acting as a third party.
24-12-2011 13:08
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Jon Gaunt made the comments, so he was exercising his right to free speech. TalkSport was merely the medium and licence holder.

Gone fishing
25-12-2011 01:39
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

All I can say is what's the bloody point anymore, this censorship has been going on for too long and I'm fucking sick of it, I'm beginning to watch the babe channels less and less now as they offer me not a shred of comfort that anything will get better, as which has allready been stated, pay the fine and avoid the channels being revoked or don't pay and you'll bite the dust, it's a no win situation, Ofcom are at it again using blackmail and extortion tactics all in the name of democracy, it's made me feel fucking ashamed to have been born in this Country, what a disgrace.
28-12-2011 20:31
Digital Dave Away
Retired

Roll on Scottish independence - you'll then be able to revoke the powers of Ofcom and institute a more European-style regulator instead. European babe channels could then be received in Scotland unimpeded.

The SNP should add freedom of thought to their manifesto.

I was thinking that the UK babe channels could also transmit ruder feeds to Scotland but in fact that wouldn't be technically possible, given the wide footprint of satellite broadcasting.
29-12-2011 01:12
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

(29-12-2011 01:12 )Digital Dave Wrote:  Roll on Scottish independence - you'll then be able to revoke the powers of Ofcom and institute a more European-style regulator instead. European babe channels could then be received in Scotland unimpeded.

The SNP should add freedom of thought to their manifesto.

I was thinking that the UK babe channels could also transmit ruder feeds to Scotland but in fact that wouldn't be technically possible, given the wide footprint of satellite broadcasting.

No problem at all given the way Skys propriety system works. Viewing cards north of the boarder would only unlock Scotch channels.

Gone fishing
30-12-2011 04:07
Digital Dave Away
Retired

^^^True.

And there's also Freeview of course, which can be highly localised.
30-12-2011 13:16
JackGough Offline
Junior Poster

(30-12-2011 13:16 )Digital Dave Wrote:  ^^^True.

And there's also Freeview of course, which can be highly localised.

That's fine. Scotstation featuring

Caty Cole
Amanda Rendall
Sophia Knight

and I'm sure we can find a few more durty wee scheme burds to fling into the mix too.... or some sassesnatchs Wink
04-01-2012 03:24
Hawaiian Brian Offline
Senior Poster

Who the hell is SEL. Any chance one of you guys could drop the acronyms for 5 secs and tell the less informed like me which babestation you're talking about?
08-01-2012 18:58
Chilly Away
Posting Machine

(08-01-2012 18:58 )Hawaiian Brian Wrote:  Who the hell is SEL. Any chance one of you guys could drop the acronyms for 5 secs and tell the less informed like me which babestation you're talking about?

The company that uses the SEL channels doesn't allow us to freely discuss their shows/babes on this forum:

http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=22460
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2012 19:11 by Chilly.)
08-01-2012 19:09